Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 55 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#811 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition
  • Wiki edits:10
Holy crap that's fantastic

#812 User is offline Xeal 

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

• Project:College, Brexit in Sonic 1
Bloody hilarious.

#813 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

Got my Dropdead X Sonic hoodie and bomber jacket and was filming an unboxing but they both have some pretty bad flaws (one patch on the jacket is coming away from the stitching and the sonic on the hoodie has a blue blob on his eye) and are gonna have to be returned, unfortunately they don't have my sized (or barely any now) in stock so I might have to wait a few weeks to get flawless ones back. A real shame as they are absolutely gorgeous, really comfy and well made otherwise.

#814 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

• Wiki edits:6
Bugger. I wanted the bomber jacket too, but forgot to order it last night and now my size (medium) is sold out. It says it'll be back in stock soon, but is that likely or is all this limited edition?

#815 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition
  • Wiki edits:10
I just found out that this stuff existed, so cool yet so expensive :(

#816 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

I will say one thing: the presentation when the stuff arrived is brilliant. Came with a A4 card poster, postcard, two stickers and each clothes order came in a great sonic re-sealable bag and had little chaos emeralds. Even the tissue paper is custom and covered in classic sonic art.

#817 User is offline segafanac 

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

I am not sure where to post this, but I would believe this counts as merchandise. I was doing some summer cleaning and I found it in great condition the novelty check Sega gave me on the night of the tournament. I didn't think that I still had this or in its condition, but I currently do not have room for it. It is rather large, but I am either thinking of tossing it or putting it up for auction and giving a portion to Child's Play Charity.

Not sure what to do, I thought about framing it and putting it in the game room/office, I already have the letter from Sega that arrived with the real check framed. So, I am not sure what to do.

#818 User is online KevinSanchez 

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

1 out of 10 of my items have arrived from DropDead.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#819 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:05 PM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
Omfg. I want so much of this stuff!!! It's classic sonic and adult and cool. Holy fucking hell!!' Someone behind these clothing articles loves Sonic... Take my money!

#820 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
Sorry for the double post, but I have a question which I am hoping someone can shed some light on:

Does Sega permit these clothing manufacturers to use their intellectual property? I see online there are different types of Sonic clothing and merchandise, some I assume to be official and others not, and I am wondering about IP law... Can anyone just use Sonic's likeness? What about official Sega images? Is there a difference between hand-made craft and larger scale production? Like, if I wanted to sell Sonic art on Etsy, or on my own website, or ebay, etc., what are the implications? I see all these site operating and selling this stuff, and I assume Sega has not given permission, or they aren't litigious, or somehow it is legal???

I'd prefer a response from someone who can speak with relative certainty, not speculation.
This post has been edited by VectorCNC: 19 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

#821 User is online KevinSanchez 

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostVectorCNC, on 19 July 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question which I am hoping someone can shed some light on:

Does Sega permit these clothing manufacturers to use their intellectual property? I see online there are different types of Sonic clothing and merchandise, some I assume to be official and others not, and I am wondering about IP law... Can anyone just use Sonic's likeness? What about official Sega images? Is there a difference between hand-made craft and larger scale production? Like, if I wanted to sell Sonic art on Etsy, or on my own website, or ebay, etc., what are the implications? I see all these site operating and selling this stuff, and I assume Sega has not given permission, or they aren't litigious, or somehow it is legal???

I'd prefer a response from someone who can speak with relative certainty, not speculation.

I can only really partially answer this. The clothes I bought are from an official collaboration with Sega you can check out the link to their limited clothing line here at http://www.dropdead....s/guys-ddxsonic

I would assume it's very dodgy to sell unofficial merch as a whole so this is the part I really don't know for sure.

In any case I just got in more stuff from Drop Dead! I really wish they would pack in the handbills in something more secure because they always come in damaged :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#822 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostKevinSanchez, on 19 July 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

In any case I just got in more stuff from Drop Dead! I really wish they would pack in the handbills in something more secure because they always come in damaged :/

Posted Image

Hey, that's some new art in there... right?

It strictly follows SEGA's coloring guidelines so it seems to come from an official source, in case anybody was wondering.

• 55 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: KevinSanchez