Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic All Stars Racing 3 Possibly Leaked? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic All Stars Racing 3 Possibly Leaked? Sumo Digital Press Slides Leaked

#31 User is offline MykonosFan 

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178

View Postwinterhell, on 18 February 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

View Post360, on 30 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Looks like Sega just shot it down via Aaron on Twitter: https://twitter.com/...432562304532480

Then again I vaguely remember Taxman swearing he is NOT working on a Sonic game or anything else associated with Sega just couple of months before the Mania unveil. Maybe they don't want to reveal ASR3 yet.

I don't want to get too :tinfoil:, but with him denying another "SART" and this rumored new entry seeming to be a break away from the ASR branding, it's possible the tweet is meant to be a bit coy. Or it's meant to be read as plainly as it is.

#32 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Looks like there's another toy company claiming that a Sonic racer is a thing. Pull quote from the article:

This time it comes from Diamond Select Toys, who was interviewed at the New York Toy Fair by channel Pixel Dan. A rep basically spilled the beans that there are sets that you can use to "build a race track from the game...for the Sonic guys to race around on."

#33 User is offline 360 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Thanks Dark Sonic! Yeah this is more fuel to the fire that a Sonic racer is coming and by the sounds of that quotation the game being "Sonic only" is further reinforced. I'll reserve judgement until we see the game given ZhugeEX on ResetERA said we wouldn't be "disappointed" hinting that the game is decent as to be expected from Sumo - but there is a tinge of disappointment given it's not another Sega all-stars game.

This is definitely one of Sega's big announcements for SXSW. Wonder what the feedback will be when it's shown because thus far the response seems to be mass disappointment. Guess that could change.
This post has been edited by 360: 20 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

#34 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

• Keep your eyes on the stars... You'll never be one!
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
Fully Sonic kart racing is probably a better move than another "all-stars-but-more-like-some-stars-plus-whoever-else". I hope they keep the transforming vehicles though.

#35 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
I'm kind of ok with the idea of fully Sonic Kart. At this point I'd rather them fully explore what they can do with Sonic tropes instead of another "Oh look here's that one guy from that one game plus the first level of said game, rinse and repeat."

I like Sega's other franchises too but the fun ones aren't being used in any meaningful way these days. Ya you could argue the same with Nintendo and Smash Bros but out of all those characters the only one in a similar boat to virtually all of the ASRT cast is like, Captain Falcon. The rest still have life. Sega's old franchises are basically ghosts at this point. I just hope that if there's DLC it doesn't get as weird as it did with ASRT (what the hell was going on there? Team Fortress guys, Yogcast, and Soviet tank?). Ideally this could be some kind of Mario/Sonic kart racer which would prune out some of the inevitable awful characters from both series (Hi Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, and I'm guessing Dark Chao and Infinite), but then that'd result in the game being Switch Exclusive and I don't have one of those.

#36 User is offline 360 

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
Excellent points - and yeah I'm somewhat excited to see what Sumo can pull off with a Sonic racer given the exceptional quality of their previous work and the potential this game has (Studiopolis track anyone?).

From the "insider" rumours I've heard primarily on ResetERA people that have seen it said it's really good and I do believe that given how excellent Sumo are at these. Looking forward to SXSW.
This post has been edited by 360: 20 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

#37 User is offline grap3fruitman 

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

• Wiki edits:5
It's Sonic R-2. Bet. :P
http://forums.sonicr...opic=32661&st=0
This post has been edited by grap3fruitman: 23 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

#38 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

• Keep your eyes on the stars... You'll never be one!
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
That's what I WANT, but know will never happen. Boo.

#39 User is offline 360 

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:10 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
So during the latest Sonic live-stream, at around the ~7.50 minute mark in this video Aaron apparently teased and said --

“A lot of you have been waiting for news and information, and you're very curious about what that title was that we teased back at South by Southwest, and at least in the near future, you might be hearing some more news and information about that. So hey, that's coming up. Get ready. It's on the horizon.

-- That serious news and a potential unveil of the new Sonic Racing game is coming very soon, potentially this week or next (though I'm guessing there) - but soon! Presumably before E3. Excited for this one. Hope it's as feasibly close to a spiritual sequel to Sonic R as possible - and the usage of the "R" from Sonic R was more than just a marketing ploy.

Sumo's developing so it's at least in good hands and will therefore likely be a very good game like the All-Stars games. We'll see soon.
This post has been edited by 360: 22 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users