Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Like, happy 25th anniversary, Sonic... I guess? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Like, happy 25th anniversary, Sonic... I guess? Because it's today

#46 User is online Skyler 

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

• On a neverending quest to find the Oldbie Lounge
  • Project:Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • Wiki edits:136

View Post~The Blue Blur~, on 01 July 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Can't stay quiet on this one.

Hello there, everyone! Almost 10 days late, but happy 25th anniversary guys (in 360's case, happy birthday to you, buddy).
So, I guess this is the most interesting anniversary to date. Fans are thirsty for a new mainstream Sonic game for almost 2 years and all they receive is "TP/Tape/whatever-you-call-it BOOM!", Sega comes up with the "Free Money" strategy, Sonic Team makes "Ads with a little bit of Sonic", only for it to bring failure, and for Sega to shut it down, and now this; 25th anniversary comes by, and not a single thing from Sega!

And on top of it all for me, my hard drive, along with my priceless collection of... like... every Sonic (and Sega) game, died. All I could do was to backup from a few disc images I had. Now I have to start recollecting them from the very beginning again. What drives me crazy more than anything else is my completed save files. It just took me one month to finish S3K with all 9 endings. I had collected all 130 emblems in SADX, completed ShTH with all 11 endings, ...!!!

Things just keep getting better and better! 5th and 15th anniversaries might've been bad, but THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!
Get ready for another great anniversary with the number "5" in it to disappoint everyone for the third time, guys!!!!!!!

:ssh:

#47 User is offline Despatche 

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:26 AM

• Wiki edits:11
Eh, for the purpose of that joke, when I think of Sonic's 5th anniversary, I think of Sonic 3D. But I like Sonic 3D, for some reason.
This post has been edited by Despatche: 02 July 2016 - 04:27 AM

#48 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostDespatche, on 02 July 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

Eh, for the purpose of that joke, when I think of Sonic's 5th anniversary, I think of Sonic 3D. But I like Sonic 3D, for some reason.

I associate Sonic's 5th anniversary with Sonic CD, since nobody owned a Mega CD that PC release counts. :v:/>

Not only that, but it lets me say that every fifth anniversary has introduced a new hedgehog and featured time manipulation in some form, aside from the original game:
1991 - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic
1996 - Sonic CD - Metal Sonic, time travel via checkpoints
2001 - Sonic Adventure 2 - Shadow, time freezing via switches, Chaos Control in 2-player
2006 - Sonic the Hedgehog - Silver, story revolves around time travel
2011 - Sonic Generations - Classic Sonic, story revolves around Time Eater
2016 - ???

Anyway, my 25th Anniversary celebration was this:

This post has been edited by DigitalDuck: 02 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

#49 User is offline SpeedsMyGame 

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

• Project:Finding the Sonic 2006 E3 demo (not much though)

View PostDespatche, on 02 July 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

Me too, for some reason. I hope this anniversary Sega will stop the 'good-bad' scheme.

But anyways, I celebrated by playing the Dreamcast games, listening to some of the soundtrack, and I played a bit of Sonic '06 (oddly enough, it's the only Sonic game I have right know on my PS3; might plan on downloading Unleashed off PSN).
I was also planning on making a medley tribute, featuring some music from all the games, but unfortunately, that didn't go as planned. The laptop that had all my saved work had gotten a BSOD, and I have to wait for a way to fix it. However, I might still consider putting the plan back into action.

#50 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostDigitalDuck, on 02 July 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Anyway, my 25th Anniversary celebration was this:

Oh man, you got INSIDE this game, DD. Whole time I was thinking, "Oh my god, what is he going to break next?"

#51 User is offline 360 

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostJason, on 23 June 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

I bought a foot-long chili dog, slapped in Sonic the Hedgehog, and went to town.

Just wanted to say you had an awesome way of celebrating the anniversary. I would have done something similar if there was a Chilli Dog vendor nearby.

#52 User is offline Chris Highwind 

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

• Don't fuck with Luigi
  • Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13
Well, I was going to replay Sonic 1 Android for the anniversary, but at the time I didn't want to have to work for the emeralds since I've only got 4 zones at max to get them all (I normally don't get enough rings in Labyrinth Zone so lol). I'm chipping away at the game every now and then now, but after 2 failed special stages in a row, my motivation is shot.

#53 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
A bit late in the year, but I got my project done (mentioned on page 3)

https://www.youtube....XJnMgeFSzAruns5

Since I can't embed the other 3 videos in the same post, have them as links.
https://www.youtube....h?v=cx_L9I_ruk4

• 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users