Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 06 PC Remake - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 17 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 06 PC Remake

#241 User is offline Crasher 

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

• Why hello there!

View PostShaddy the guy, on 28 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

I just realized something horrible. This is the first time a 3D Sonic game has had it's physics and control recreated in an outside engine for a fan project with near-perfect accuracy. And it's Sonic 06.

There's actually someone recreating Unleashed in Unity, but their development is pretty slow. Not too sure how accurate it's physics are either, as I don't think they've released a demo yet.

#242 User is offline Felik 

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostCrasher, on 05 December 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostShaddy the guy, on 28 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

I just realized something horrible. This is the first time a 3D Sonic game has had it's physics and control recreated in an outside engine for a fan project with near-perfect accuracy. And it's Sonic 06.

There's actually someone recreating Unleashed in Unity, but their development is pretty slow. Not too sure how accurate it's physics are either, as I don't think they've released a demo yet.

Why did you have to say that?
Now I want it so bad :(

#243 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

Nothing new, but the description has a small update:

I apologize for the very late upload. The reason for this video is because I realized that many people here still don't know about this demo or the current state of the project.

Basically I passed the project onto Mefiresu who has already assembled a team to work on the game, a new demo (besides the Kingdom Valley one) was released back in 2017 at SAGE Expo.

The project follows strong, unfortunately I do not have as much time as before to work on it. This re-release has some visual tweaks, like better ambient occlusion, up to 8x SMAA and Lightmaps.

Good luck Mefiresu, and thank you for all you've done for the project Gistix.

• 17 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users