don't click here

Crush 40 teases new songs...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by PsychoSk8r, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Cstyler

Cstyler

2. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Oh that sucks...

Also is it just me or do I keep hearing Sonic hitting a Pinball bumper everytime I hear Crush 40's All Hail Shadow, seriously am I the only one!?

3. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Aww, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? D: That seriously disappoints me beyond believe.
    Man. D: Well, there will always be music hackin', I guess. :specialed:

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Thank god for that. Going back to the Adventure sound would be regressive.

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    >Implying that Crush 40 did every adventure song

But yeah, it would be horribly regressive to have another Crush 40 theme song, but almost all of the rest of Adventure's music was pretty solid, and still is.

6. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Yeah the level music was nearly always good but most of the themes were way too cheesy.

7. kakesubime

kakesubime

I was never fond of a lot of the character themes from the adventure series. I honestly think Open Your Heart and Live and Learn were the best "theme" songs out of those games, because they just worked so well musically, and were heavier and more technical than what you'd expect in videogames of that time.

Also Johnny Gioelli's voice has always been like the greatest singing voice ever, to my ears at least. His lyric writing is a bit off-kilter sometimes, though...

8. dsrb

dsrb

9. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Say what you will about whether or not the in-game music has improved overtime, but Crush 40 was responsible for the best theme songs to the post-Saturn Sonic games. Songs like Open Your Heart and Live & Learn are much better than the theme songs to games like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmkZpXZ0G8A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqarwN-1TU[/youtube]

What I find ironic about Sonic Unleashed's theme song is that it was probably one of the worst songs in that entire game (the vocalist deserves a ton of blame), yet a song like Live & Learn is was definitely one of the best songs from Sonic Adventure 2. I do not view bringing back Crush 40 as a regression in the series. If Sonic Generations proved anything, it's that all eras of Sonic had good music. There's even a discussion in that bad games with awesome music thread if any Sonic games exist without good music which says a lot about the musical quality in the series. As far as I'm concerned, Naofumi Hataya, Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques, Tomoya Ohtani, and Kenichi Tokoi definitely deserve to play a major role in future Sonic games since they're all really talented musicians that have their strong points and weak points. Hell, even Cash Cash was capable of making some damn good remixes in Generations with the Big Arms remix being one of the best song remixes I've ever heard. Circuit Freq however ranged from incredibly disappointing (Vengeance Is Mine and For True Story) to fucking awesome (Open Your Heart's remix was so damn good) so who knows with them.

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Makes me wonder if they are then making new songs in the style of the old songs, given there is an audience for them and the lyrics are generic enough that it doesn't have to be in a Sonic game.

SA3 would be farfetched anyway, though I think it would be a stretch to say Crush 40 wouldn't appear in any future Sonic game, ever, based on 'No plan.'

They're probably just not interested in using them right now.

As for musical taste, that's subjective—I don't care for most of the orchestrated songs despite being a classical music fan, and actually preferred Crush 40 to 90% of the newer stuff.

Yet on the other hand I preferred Shadow the Hedgehog's music even further.

Is this cause for other people to laugh at my 'horrible' 'regressive' taste? Maybe, but I don't see the point in classifying who is better based on what music they like. :p

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    ...I'm not sure if I follow where you said the vocalist (Jaret Riddick) or the song 'Endless Possibility' are bad, especially in comparison to Crush 40 titles. I actually like it a bit better than 'Live and Learn', especially since it covers Sonic's personality and the game's concept rather well. 'Open Your Heart' is the winner though.

12. Falk

Falk

Hah, on that note (pun semi-intended), and on the note of bad games with good soundtracks, the one that's stood out the most to me has to be His World (2006). Unfortunately though I actually do prefer Zebrahead's version to Crush 40.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I just really don't care for the song Endless Possibility, but I mostly blamed the vocalist for that because I despise his voice. I just find him really obnoxious and almost painful to listen to. There are elements and ideas to Endless Possibility that I like, but I don't really care for the song's execution and the vocalist just ruins the entire song for me. The thing about songs like Open Your Heart (especially the Generations remix) and Live & Learn is that they're the type of songs I would actually want to listen to outside of the games because I really enjoy the songs. The same cannot for Endless Possibility. Hell, I already have 12 plays on Last.fm for the Open Your Heart remix and that doesn't even include the many, many times I listened to that song on YouTube prior to the soundtrack coming out.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I used to love Live & Learn, but the drum sound started grating on me and now I can hardly stand it. I also concur with W.A.C. Jaret's voice is goddamn annoying! If someone else sang Endless Possibility, almost anybody else, I would be able to sit through the entire intro sequence of the game.

15. flarn2006

flarn2006

Remember, this isn't the first hint at "a whole new [A]dventure."