Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Utopia - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic Utopia An experimental 3D Sonic fan game.

#151 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

  • Posts: 1017
  • Joined: 16-October 10
  • Gender:Male
I can forgive a GHZ remake only if the other 5 11 zones can rival those of S3K

#152 User is offline JucieBX 

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 29-October 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Project:Just Mad Gamers
....or GHZ done differently...Though it was just an homage to the music, I think SHZ in Sonic Advance 3 was pretty neat

#153 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

  • Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Posts: 236
  • Joined: 08-November 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World

View PostRitz, on 07 December 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

Nah. Fuck Green Hill. We're starting a movement here.

View PostVectorCNC, on 07 December 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

Fuck Green Hill and Lock Her Up!

View PostRetroman, on 07 December 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

#FuckGHZ :argh:/>
I'd love to see a 3D Marble Garden Zone, or even Mushroom Hill Zone that makes use of the Mushrooms to bounce and gain jumping momentum though


What's wrong with you guys and your shit post here? I can get it if it's a joke but come on, go do it somewhere else, not here. This is getting ridiculous on bad mouthing GHz. I thought you guys were more mature than this...

View PostAerosol, on 07 December 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

View PostDarkVDee, on 06 December 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostAerosol, on 06 December 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'll say it to their face. Fuck Green Hill. I don't have a problem with the "green first level" trope itself, but fuck green hill and it's closest derivatives. Palmtree Panic is cool though.


Geez, issue much?


Fuck. Green. Hill.

Baise. Colline. Verte.

SuD. HuD. qImHa'.

I mean you issued Felik the challenge. Don't get mad at me for backing him up :v:/>

You "assumed" that I was mad but I wasn't.

#154 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

  • Posts: 275
  • Joined: 11-June 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
I've elaborated on my position, and Fuck GHZ is admittedly poor language, but it's how I feel. After Mania I see no need to revisit GHZ any time soon. It's been DONE TO DEATH! Sega has difficulty getting the point, so I'm screaming from the cyber rooftop. I would counter that constantly bringing the same zone out again and again is actually cheapening it. It's like some kitschy Plastic Jesus at this point. I respect Mania for breathing some new life into it, but following that I can't think of any reason to reuse it once more without cheapening its memory.

#155 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

  • FML and FU2
  • Posts: 9245
  • Joined: 27-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not where I want to be.
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

View PostDarkVDee, on 07 December 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

You "assumed" that I was mad but I wasn't.


...why did you put "assumed" in quotes? That's weird :v:

Anyway, you're the one that brought up GHZ. Sorry the conversation didn't go your way.

#156 User is offline JucieBX 

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 29-October 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Project:Just Mad Gamers

View PostVectorCNC, on 07 December 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I've elaborated on my position, and Fuck GHZ is admittedly poor language, but it's how I feel. After Mania I see no need to revisit GHZ any time soon. It's been DONE TO DEATH! Sega has difficulty getting the point, so I'm screaming from the cyber rooftop. I would counter that constantly bringing the same zone out again and again is actually cheapening it. It's like some kitschy Plastic Jesus at this point. I respect Mania for breathing some new life into it, but following that I can't think of any reason to reuse it once more without cheapening its memory.


I completely agree with this. GHZ is a great piece of history with in the Sonic franchise that should be held at higher regard. A stage that once held the feeling of "OMG I REMEMBER THIS STAGE!!!" has ultimately been reduced to "oh this stage AGAIN?!" It's great that people like Mr. Lange(and co) and Taxman are able create refreshing versions of it, but I doesn't hold the same power it did when it showed as a secret stage in SA2B...

#157 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

  • Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Posts: 236
  • Joined: 08-November 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World

View PostAerosol, on 07 December 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

View PostDarkVDee, on 07 December 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

You "assumed" that I was mad but I wasn't.


...why did you put "assumed" in quotes? That's weird :v:/>/>

Anyway, you're the one that brought up GHZ. Sorry the conversation didn't go your way.

All I asked was a simple question but you and the other users just went the wrong way...

View PostJucieBX, on 08 December 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostVectorCNC, on 07 December 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I've elaborated on my position, and Fuck GHZ is admittedly poor language, but it's how I feel. After Mania I see no need to revisit GHZ any time soon. It's been DONE TO DEATH! Sega has difficulty getting the point, so I'm screaming from the cyber rooftop. I would counter that constantly bringing the same zone out again and again is actually cheapening it. It's like some kitschy Plastic Jesus at this point. I respect Mania for breathing some new life into it, but following that I can't think of any reason to reuse it once more without cheapening its memory.


I completely agree with this. GHZ is a great piece of history with in the Sonic franchise that should be held at higher regard. A stage that once held the feeling of "OMG I REMEMBER THIS STAGE!!!" has ultimately been reduced to "oh this stage AGAIN?!" It's great that people like Mr. Lange(and co) and Taxman are able create refreshing versions of it, but I doesn't hold the same power it did when it showed as a secret stage in SA2B...

Well put man. This is a good example here folks.
This post has been edited by DarkVDee: 08 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

#158 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

  • Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Posts: 599
  • Joined: 18-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sega of Darkest Peru
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash
Personally speaking I'm rather disappointed Emerald Hill doesn't get any love as it is from either sides (official works and fan products). :v

Green Hill wouldn't be so bad if the main games hadn't rehashed it and/or it's 3D post-Genesis cousin (Seaside Hill) ten times over for the past decade by this point.
This post has been edited by Yeow: 08 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

#159 User is offline JucieBX 

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 29-October 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Project:Just Mad Gamers
I like the idea akin to the opening cinematic of sonic unleashed as a first stage. A final encounter with eggman, speeding through the first stage...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and meeting him as a boss at the end of act 2 (insert big eggman bot)

Maybe, you find one of sonic's friends kidnapped and you save them in this stage, setting off a full game of events with eggman trying to get them back and chasing after them. Why is eggman chasing them. Could he have done something to his friend? play the game to find out.....

or something like that....

#160 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

  • Posts: 275
  • Joined: 11-June 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
Ya, that would be awesome. Something unconventional would be great.

p.s.: /\ /\ that is what the Sonic movie should be like as opposed to Smurfs...

#161 User is offline Kono Mike da! 

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:43 AM

  • Noodle Limbs
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 15-July 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy
  • Project:Sonic Millenium: God help us all.

View PostVectorCNC, on 09 December 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

Ya, that would be awesome. Something unconventional would be great.

p.s.: /\ /\ that is what the Sonic movie should be like as opposed to Smurfs...


Either it's an hour and a half of unremastered SA1 cutscenes or I ain't watching it. "YOU'RE GONNA CRASH AAH"

#162 User is offline Mr Lange 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

  • A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys.
  • Posts: 1182
  • Joined: 27-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of Waldos
  • Project:Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
  • Wiki edits:1
We've been taking it slow lately to take care of our personal lives, but we're getting back up to speed. Especially thanks to our new member, tripplejaz. He's on board as a concept artist and is showing to be a great fit for our team.
He's been making concept art for the new stage, turning ideas into pictures, adding new things, and helping a lot with planning and design. Here's a small sample of his concept art for the upcoming stage, and a hint of what to expect.


Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#163 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

  • Posts: 2786
  • Joined: 27-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
It's only fitting that Eggman would have a Hall with Emeralds designed into the architecture. Looking forward to seeing how the area looks in sprite form.

#164 User is offline Ay Jay 

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 05-June 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Sonic Neo Adventure
Bringing in tripplejaz as a concept artist was a really good idea. This new zone seems very interesting, and I already have tons of ideas for what gimmicks this stage could have. I don't know the zone's name (or if it even has a name yet), so for now I'll just refer to it as Emerald Hall Zone. I am incredibly excited to see this new zone in game, and wish the best of luck to everyone in the team.

#165 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

  • Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Posts: 236
  • Joined: 08-November 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World
Oh wow. A new type of palace or something? Those concept artwork are really good. It's about time you expanded your team and a good one too. I hope there will be more soon.

  • 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
    Locked
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users