Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast

#46 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

• Wiki edits:30

View PostLordOfSquad, on 19 August 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

Lets hope they can live up to what they're promising. I really want to want one of these Saturn pads.

I really hope so too.

I missed out on the USB saturn pads almost a decade ago, and I still regret that to this day.

#47 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

• Still waiting on Feel The Magic 3
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
You mean those PlaySEGA ones? Weren't they kinda trashy?

#48 User is offline 360 

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
I think he means the SLS Saturn pads that were fucking superb - but vanished from the market at light speed (a very limited run as I recall?) meaning so many people missed out. Obviously this Retro-bit thing is giving everyone a second chance to get one and that's why this is so awesome. Hoping their promises on build quality are kept too and these pads are as good as they're indicating.

#49 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

• Wiki edits:30

View PostLordOfSquad, on 20 August 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

You mean those PlaySEGA ones? Weren't they kinda trashy?

View Post360, on 20 August 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I think he means the SLS Saturn pads that were fucking superb - but vanished from the market at light speed (a very limited run as I recall?) meaning so many people missed out. Obviously this Retro-bit thing is giving everyone a second chance to get one and that's why this is so awesome. Hoping their promises on build quality are kept too and these pads are as good as they're indicating.

Yeah, I was talking about the SLS ones. I almost picked up two at the time, but decided against doing so as I was a poor teenager at the time. I've been kicking myself ever since.

#50 User is offline MCJeffsy 

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Looks like Retro-Bit have been beaten to the punch.... https://www.youtube....h?v=f1-0S5dRh1M & https://www.youtube....h?v=1THq8N7Njus

8Bitdo have now put out their DIY kits, which means you can get yourself a bluetooth sega controller for about $24 shipped, or about £18 in GBP.

These work with Windows, Mac, android and Nintendo Switch etc.

Unfortunately no Sega Mega Drive Bluetooth dongle from 8Bitdo at the moment... but perhaps they will make one somewhere down the line.

The only other offering that is similar, is Krikkz Joyzz which does work with the MD.... and comes in at a hefty $65.00 + Shipping.

#51 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 AM

• Still waiting on Feel The Magic 3
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
Interesting. Wonder why they aren't selling them in their own shells outright. Probably for the best considering how crummy their own D-Pads are.

#52 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostMCJeffsy, on Yesterday, 08:25 AM, said:

Looks like Retro-Bit have been beaten to the punch.... https://www.youtube....h?v=f1-0S5dRh1M & https://www.youtube....h?v=1THq8N7Njus

8Bitdo have now put out their DIY kits, which means you can get yourself a bluetooth sega controller for about $24 shipped, or about £18 in GBP.

But why destroy working old hardware when there's the possibility of making new controllers that feel the same?

#53 User is offline 360 

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
I don't think what 8Bitdo is doing takes the shine or allure from Retro-bit's initiative. This "produce your own modded pad" thing has been around for years. Sega/Retro-bit are releasing the real thing.
This post has been edited by 360: Yesterday, 01:38 PM

#54 User is offline WAC 

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

• Wiki edits:2
Despite being a huge Sonic fan for over 2 decades...

Posted Image

I've never owned any Sega controllers or consoles. I really hope Retro-Bit's Saturn controllers are super high quality. I've become more obsessed with retro styled controllers in recent years because of my hand pain issues, so I'm looking forward to when these finally launch. Ideally, I hope there's compatibility with the Switch in the future. I would get a lot of extra use out of their iteration of the Saturn controller if I can use it on more than just PC. Alternatively, maybe 8BitDo will eventually release a DIY kit for the Saturn controller?

• 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users