Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SAGE 2018! Dates and Info! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

SAGE 2018! Dates and Info! For Real.

#31 User is offline HedgeHayes 

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

• Project:Too many of them
Which game did you remove from the list? I'm not sure which one's missing, but there was one more there yesterday.
Also, not really your problem, but I can open some of the games compressed in RAR format, which is odd because others in the same format work perfectly. And there was one with a vanished file for download, but I can't remember which one this was either. :psyduck:

#32 User is offline Kharen 

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:46 PM

What channel did the interview with Mike Pollock? I missed that one, and there isn't anything that tells what the individual channels are.

Maybe for next year's SAGE, and hopefully the Hacking Contest in November, the schedule can be done in a way that each space on the schedule can act as a link to the matching channel or recording, so that if somebody missed something, they can go to the schedule, click on what they missed, and be taken straight to it?

One more thing. Do the SAGE entries get archived or something after the Expo is over, and if so, where? I'm just curious if I miss anything, whether I'd be able to go back and download them after SAGE is over. With 90 entries, I'd really rather not have to download absolutely everything to make sure that I don't miss something that interests me. (Although it would be nice if we got a "complete package" download for people who want to do so all at once.) Also, it would be interesting to be able to go back and download something from a previous Expo to compare demos for a long-ongoing project.

#33 User is offline Neo Hazard 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

• Wiki edits:2
The interviews were played on our YouTube page, which was linked several times. We've also got a playlist going that we're in the process of updating as we track down streams that were scheduled. What you're suggesting honestly is more trouble than its worth, given that we had streams split between YouTube and Twitch, making it somewhat difficult to keep them all straight. Plus there are streamers who hold their archives back and would rather upload it somewhere else than where they originally streamed. It's a lot to keep track of on top of everything else with the show.

The site will be up for a couple more days before closing. The closest thing to an archive will be entries on the SFGHQ Showcase, which covers most, but not all, entries. SAGE has always been a temporary event (despite it being left up last year...) and therefore, you'll want to grab the games while you still can.

#34 User is offline Kharen 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

Alright, thanks for telling me. Sorry about not noticing the links. I've been really busy this past week, and missed pretty much everything except a couple of MegaGWolf's streams, and I ended up watching the recordings from Johnny's streams on the last two days.

I was asking about the amount of time to get the entries mainly because I'm stuck using a very low-end laptop at the moment and don't have easy access to my desktop PC. (Home for the summer from college, family's house isn't really set up for an extra person for various reasons. Long story) There's a handful of the 3D entries that I wanted to try, but I already know that my laptop won't be able to run them.

I suppose I can just download them to the laptop for now, and then use a USB drive to transfer them to my desktop when I head back to college in a couple weeks.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users