don't click here

Concept Art & Mockups - Aquatic Ruin Mockups Needed!!

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vangar, Mar 13, 2008.

1. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    You should properly convert your photo negatives to digital. They are really amazing photos but they are pictures that were developed/printed and then scanned by the looks of it. There are devices to hold your slides for scanners but I'm sure there are other methods.

2. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    Photo BG only:
    [​IMG]

Photo BG + Maya Trees:
    [​IMG]

Well real mountains kick the ass out of my crappy maya mountains that is for sure.

3. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Its the first time in my whole life that I feel that ARZ is awesome. It feels really open and lovely to explore.

4. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Obviously this is just a mock-up, and not the real thing - I agree that it definitely looks awesome! - but the look of the bg just doesn't really feel.... 'aquatic' enough yet; it's certainly in the right direction all right.

It looks more like you're in a forest rather than a flooded ruined city (as the name suggests) at the moment. I think all it needs is some ruins in the background, and something that tells you there's areas that have been submerged; that would be seriously sweet!

I am definitely having that as my wallpaper, anyway!

5. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    We need some ancient ruins in the background in with the trees.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Now that would make it feel less than "Aquatic Ruin Zone" and more like a new different zone.

7. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    This is why we're trying out different -concepts- ICE ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing someone's interpretation on etching carvings into the pillars.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    What? I think it would look smart to add the odd ruin pillar or Roman style buildings in there.

9. Well if ruins are added to the background I think they should be more Mayan or Aztec. Despite the Roman pillars. I mean, the coloring isn't Roman and neither is the vegetation...