Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Other Characters In Sonic Hacks Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Other Characters In Sonic Hacks Topic

#16 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

• Wiki edits:41
I'm making Team Rose for Flamewing's S2 Heroes hack, for which Tikal will likely be the power character (due to lack of space for Big). We're working on a tweaked version of that sheet.

Posted Image

Otherwise I think a Tikal in Sonic 1 hack exists, if I remember correctly it was a strange florescent yellow sheet.
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 15 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

#17 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostE-122-Psi, on 15 April 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Otherwise I think a Tikal in Sonic 1 hack exists, if I remember correctly it was a strange florescent yellow sheet.
I usually consider proper "X in Sonic Y" hacks as the ones that have the characters given custom attacks, and I don't recall any in that one, nor the Rouge hack sadly.

#18 User is online Aerosol 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
Tikal as the power character eh? From a technical reason, it makes sense. I won't be able to help but feel like she's out of place, though!

#19 User is offline Mike Arcade 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

• Free Scriber of Mobius
  • Project:TBA

View PostAerosolSP, on 15 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Tikal as the power character eh? From a technical reason, it makes sense. I won't be able to help but feel like she's out of place, though!

Well that's the natural feeling when the character is technically dead, but still it fits well, besides it's about time we got her into hacks.

Anyway I've always liked Character hacks, it's always nice to have a different view on things playing as a different character, also the other hack with Metal Sonic in it is Metal Sonic Overdrive you guys might be thinking about, that's the only one I know where it has Metal Sonic, has Kirby in it too! Though it would be nice to have a hack of Ray, Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll, and Mecha Knuckles (from Sonic Advance) alone one day, Rouge is also a topic pick too. I'd like to do a character hack myself but I haven't tried hacking yet, though whenever I do it would be with characters that haven't been done yet, or characters no one would expect.

#20 User is offline MotorRoach 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I once talked to a friend about what she thought about Tikal being in place of Big in Team Rose, and she thought it wasn't really fitting, then she mentioned the other versions of Team Rose, saying that it would be a fine idea if Blaze replaced Big instead. Either Blaze or Vector from that page, I say, though I think Tikal would be a fine idea (even though I can't imagine how she would even join Amy and Cream) since she can glide. I honestly would try to give a bit of variation to the team, but eh, I think that little variety in teams is how Sonic Heroes works.

#21 User is offline pablodrago 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

well I don't know if this really fits in here, if not, feel free to erase this post, but I want to show this anyway because is "Other Character In a Sonic Hack" but not what are you expecting.

I hope this help to other hacks because it was really fun make this.

#22 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1
Just a suggestion: Next time you consider adding a 20 second intro to your video, also consider NOT adding a 20 second intro to your video. It takes all of five seconds to plaster your name and a logo on the screen, and doesn't interfere with delivering the content. Some people are likely to get impatient and click away.

That being said, this seems like a fun little model swap. It'd be more fun if his animations were finished, though.

#23 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

Ok, so for all you guys that are desperate to play Metal Sonic hacks, this guy made all of these:

Metal Sonic Hyperdrive

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1

Metal Sonic in Sonic 2

Metal Sonic in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Although these hacks are very low profile, they aren't the usual bull, they're legit and complete. Enjoy. :v:
This post has been edited by Knucklez: 16 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

#24 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

• Project:Hacking some 8-bit Sonic game
  • Wiki edits:112
Darkon got banned from SSRG, and people complained about his screenshots. (He kept having a filter on everytime he took a screenshot, when the staff kept telling him to stop. He obviously didn't listen, and he pissed of Ordos iirc.) Other than that, his hacks don't seem bad at all, so I honestly don't get why people said they were awful over there. :\ And he's banned from here as well so he's not such a great guy. (And iirc he started an argument on Retrohack so yeah.) :v:

#25 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:high quality video game rips
  • Wiki edits:32
Related:

#26 User is offline Ryuki 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostHinchy, on 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Related:

This is why hacking began, this was it's ultimate goal. Professor Pickle.

Quite possibly the best model swap I've ever seen.

#27 User is offline Graxer 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

• Wiki edits:71

View PostHinchy, on 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Related:

Wow! That is one of the best character swaps I have ever seen, and it works so flawlessly! It would be great to see Professor Pickle ported to Generations!

#28 User is offline gold lightning 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

• I have seen some shit in my time
  • Wiki edits:2
Also related:

#29 User is offline Falk 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Man, Professor Pickle makes enough random noises during dialogue to implement a full set of sound replacement too.

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

"AAAAAAAH"

"OH HO HO HO HOOOOO"

#30 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

• 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Wiki edits:14,865

View PostKnucklez, on 16 April 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Ok, so for all you guys that are desperate to play Metal Sonic hacks, this guy made all of these:

Metal Sonic Hyperdrive

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1

Metal Sonic in Sonic 2

Metal Sonic in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Although these hacks are very low profile, they aren't the usual bull, they're legit and complete. Enjoy. :v:

http://info.sonicret...ic_the_Hedgehog

The first game was good enough to add to the wiki but Sonic 2 and 3 & K don't change Metal Sonics name at the end of level score tally. It still says Sonic.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users