don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Will this do? I can slap in the extracted generations model that I have ,,, and there you go generations Xtreme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_pilRws5I&feature=channel_video_title

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    That X-GDK mod looks... Actually really fun. I'd love to see what it shapes inso, and see what king of levels your team makes with those engine adjustments. Pretty boss, making essential Super Sonic Galaxy :P

That said, I can't believe nobody picked up oh how Aaron Wber pronounced Hydrocity; you know, the CORRECT WAY TO SAY IT.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    One person says it. :/

Anyway not my fault that the level takes place in an underwater CITY.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Not this again... :ohdear:

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I thought it was agreed upon years ago that both are correct as far as English is concerned and everyone needs to shut up about it. :colbert:

6. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I see no one checks the home page :/

Lease you can do in follow on facebook and get the updates there.

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Once upon a time I was one of the staff who updated the page. I recall being bombarded by messages from people posting silly comments. @_@

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
  9. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    Sooo, anyone from Retro planning to rip some of the music from the Modern City Escape as a World Exclusive if there at the con?

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

I never played Sonic Colors, but I've got to say the modern stages, especially Sky Sanctuary look vastly superior to the day levels in Unleashed. There's a lot more platforming and less hold boost to win. Me gusta! Also, I want your job Webber.

Also, is there any news on whether or not the PC version will get DLC? And when is Steam going to add the game? I'm getting impatient...

11. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    'Finished watching the CNET video just now. I noticed how they made the modern Seaside Hill tune a medley of Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. Great music decision; I appreciated that wholeheartedly. And who knew that somebody in Cash Cash was legitimately a big enough fan of the Sonic games that they actually wanted to add that Endless Mine remix into the classic City Escape tune? I must say, I tip my nonexistent hat to them (because I don't wear hats =P ). I did notice that Speed Highway didn't sound like it had a violin mix in the hub world; maybe it's not in there yet, or they just couldn't think of a good one, but they could probably make some sort of intense violin theme for it, with the percussion in the background.

Finally, those modern stages look gorgeous, and I actually like some of the design decisions they made with the level design in regards to gameplay. This may be the game that finally makes me like the modern Sonic. It seems like every time I see something about this game, it makes me even gladder that I pre-ordered this. :)

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I hate myself for watching those videos. All of the stages look great and fun to play though.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I hope the PC version have DirectInput and Xinput. I'm tired or PC games only have support for Xbox360 controllers. Not everyone has a Xbox360 controller. T_T I know there are emulators for it, but native support would have been nice. My PS2 controller needs something else to play instead of San Andreas and GTA 4. :V

14. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Give the Xbox 360 controller emulator a try, I use it on every game that doesn't support DirectInput or doesn't support it well enough, that link is the version I use and also includes a dinput8.dll file that makes the game ignore DirectInput gamepads in case it screws up the detection (Hello every single Unreal Engine 3 game out there)

*EDIT* I completely went over you knowing about the emulators, but really, this does the job well enough *EDIT*

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah. I use one for GTA 4.

Also, fangames already? Oh YouTube users.
    http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/183083-sonic-generations

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Those branching paths in Modern Sky Sanctuary...... *drool*

I know it's really to be expected at this point, but are the speed boosters really necessary in Classic Seaside Hill while being chased by the stone wheel? I mean really, the spindash could do the exact same thing.

Nitpicking aside, this game looks fucking sexy. Glad I already pre-ordered it.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Truthfully I wouldn't even be thinking of the spindash because of the "OH SHIT RUN TO NOT DIE" that would be going through my head.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, if it weren't for the spindash hotkey, I'd say that's one of the situations where a few boosters are really just a little bit of a godsend. If you had to build up speed in such sections, then if you stumbled to a halt at the wrong moment, it might be impossible to build up speed in time to avoid certain death. Those stones DO roll after you pretty fast. A few boosters here and there might mitigate that.

But the "press to go ZOOM!" spindash hotkey kinda blows that argument out of the water at this point.

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    [​IMG]

That looks like a neat cameo there. I wonder if there is one above each Zone.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Bonus points if all three models of the Genesis/Mega Drive make an appearance in this fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.