Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Chili Dog a la Sonic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Chili Dog a la Sonic Very Important Sonic Retro Podcast Contest

#31 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

• Incineroar is the best
  • Project:Dissecting Sonic Labyrinth
  • Wiki edits:112
QUOTE (Insalubrious @ Feb 7 2010, 04:39 PM)
I ended up slightly modifying the recipe, too, mostly since I couldn't get a hold of all the right ingredients. I removed the peppers (because I don't like them), roughly halved the amount of onion and mushroom, I replaced the chili powder with powdered cayenne pepper, and I ended up adding a small can of tomato sauce because the only barbecue sauce they sell here is KC Masterpiece, which is really too sweet for this. Even despite that, it was still a little too sweet, but it was a good Saturday night dinner.

Here's a picture of the final product:

I had some more for lunch today, and the chili reheated quite nicely. Definitely not bad. I should get two to three more meals out of this, and it wasn't all that expensive, either.
That sir looks very delicious. I'm going to have to try your recipe someday. ^^ Also I agree with Enzo, that would make them taste even better and then it may even taste like Sonic's Chili dogs. (I mean the restaurant this time. xP)
Also:

Webcam pics suck, but it's all I have. >.> Yep that's my dinner, Chili Dogs are my favorite. <3

#32 User is offline Ink 

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

• Homicidal Echidna
  • Project:Surviving.
  • Wiki edits:113
QUOTE (Ravenfreak @ Feb 16 2010, 07:21 PM)
... Chili Dogs are my favorite. <3

Mine too! I think there were subliminal messages in SatAM and AoStH... >_>

Dying to try Sonic's recipe, but it'll probably have to wait until next month; I've already spent my grocery budget for the month. (lol budget what's that)

The dogs look great, guys!

#33 User is offline Spexfox 

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:55 AM

• 便秘になった
  • Wiki edits:49
Honestly the reason I like chilli dogs or tried them is cuse of Sonic. I still refer to them as the coolest food ever simply because they're Sonic's favorite and must be cool by association.

#34 User is offline PianoKitty 

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

just to see, what kind of pepper did you all use? I used habenero, jalepeño, and I think it was poblano peppers

#35 User is offline Arctides 

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

• I am a bloated bag of hate.
  • Wiki edits:2
I just used a regular green bell pepper, and some ground-up red cayenne pepper.

#36 User is offline Sonic Joe 

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Ravenfreak @ Feb 17 2010, 04:21 AM)
QUOTE (Insalubrious @ Feb 7 2010, 04:39 PM)
I ended up slightly modifying the recipe, too, mostly since I couldn't get a hold of all the right ingredients. I removed the peppers (because I don't like them), roughly halved the amount of onion and mushroom, I replaced the chili powder with powdered cayenne pepper, and I ended up adding a small can of tomato sauce because the only barbecue sauce they sell here is KC Masterpiece, which is really too sweet for this. Even despite that, it was still a little too sweet, but it was a good Saturday night dinner.

Here's a picture of the final product:

I had some more for lunch today, and the chili reheated quite nicely. Definitely not bad. I should get two to three more meals out of this, and it wasn't all that expensive, either.
That sir looks very delicious. I'm going to have to try your recipe someday. ^^ Also I agree with Enzo, that would make them taste even better and then it may even taste like Sonic's Chili dogs. (I mean the restaurant this time. xP)
Also:

Webcam pics suck, but it's all I have. >.> Yep that's my dinner, Chili Dogs are my favorite. <3

Mmmm... yum yum, those sure look tasty! I may give these chilli dogs a try but I lack the ingredients and money sad.png

#37 User is offline Tina Russell 

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I tried this recipe, and the results were okay, but I didn't succeed in melting the cheese very well at all. I don't know anything about cheese... I tried stirring some grated cheese in a saucepan over heat, and it created a malleable blob of cheese, but not melted cheese. Putting some grated cheese in a pan, and putting that into the oven, had similar results.

People here who've melted cheese for the chili dogs don't seem to have had any problem. How did you do it? Thank you!

#38 User is offline Insalubrious 

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

• The Writing Writer
QUOTE (Tina Russell @ Jun 10 2010, 12:58 PM)
I tried this recipe, and the results were okay, but I didn't succeed in melting the cheese very well at all. I don't know anything about cheese... I tried stirring some grated cheese in a saucepan over heat, and it created a malleable blob of cheese, but not melted cheese. Putting some grated cheese in a pan, and putting that into the oven, had similar results.

People here who've melted cheese for the chili dogs don't seem to have had any problem. How did you do it? Thank you!

I just sprinkled cheese over the chili dogs after they were all assembled. The heat from the chili melts the cheese. smile.png

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users