Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus (Switch, PS4, Xbox One Physical; PC Digital) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 43 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus (Switch, PS4, Xbox One Physical; PC Digital) Mighty and Ray Are Back In Town

#631 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted Today, 07:11 AM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View PostD.A. Garden, on Today, 06:10 AM, said:

I appreciate people keeping things in spoiler tags. I want to keep things hidden as much as possible before the official release, and so far, only 2 minor things have slipped through the net, so a general thanks to you all.

That being said, after reading what I have, are people seriously complaining about bug fixes being implemented into the game? I mean, that seems completely backwards to me. I'm more grateful that they have taken the time to fix these issues in order to make the game a more solid experience. I look forward to how extensive the bug fixes are, and to what extent the developers have gone to in order to fix some really silly errors that I'm surprised slipped through the net previously.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Sonic Mania Plus. I've pre-ordered it for the 3 consoles (being the collector I am. Also, why not support this the best way I can with my money?), and I can't wait for another excuse to play through one of the best Sonic games since 1994. Again.

I really appreciate the changes made in the new 1.04 version. Of course there's still some more things they need to iron-out, but overall it's a big improvement.

It's awesome that this update for Sonic Mania will be rolled out across the platforms for free probably just before Sonic Mania Plus releases. So even if some people don't want to buy Mania Plus they will still get the Mania update for free with all the improvements.

One thing this update has shown is how incomplete the original release was. Clearly the development time was not sufficient to meet the release window in August 2017 without having to cut a shit-ton of content, which is such a shame. God-forbid what state Mania would have been in if they had been forced to release the game in the original Spring release window last year, instead of delaying for three months. I'm just so happy with Mania's success which has allowed the opportunity for Team Mania to add the cut-content for Mania and the new content for Mania Plus.
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: Today, 07:34 AM

#632 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted Today, 07:38 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Spoiler

By the way, I hope they remove the flash that occurs when the Heavy Gunner grabs the missile launcher. It just feels like a weird shortcut to avoid having to animate the grab (like those that make the ending look worse than it should).
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 54 minutes ago

• 43 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

29 User(s) are reading this topic
4 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: D.A. Garden,
  2. Member: Limey Otoko,
  3. Member: Phoebius,
  4. Oldbie: Neo