Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 45 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion Will update when news comes out

#661 User is offline LJSTAR 

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

Moar things and stuff
featuring edge

#662 User is offline lordexodus 

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

^ I like it...

Hmmmm... I see this Shadow is based off of the sprite sheet of Sonic of Sonic 3 & Knuckles...

I'm curious if there's a version of Shadow based off of Sonic of Sonic 2, since Mania's Sonic is based off of Sonic 2 with added sprite updates...

Great work LJSTAR. You got my 2 thumbs up...

#663 User is offline LJSTAR 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

Shadow's final sprites will be custom by Hortinus, the Shadow sprites used here are only for placeholder purpose.

Also kinda forgot to post it here :v

tfw I'll have to redo everything from scratch when Sonic Mania 1.04 / Plus will be released

#664 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
https://gamebanana.com/wips/48952

Well then. Here's basically all of Sonic 1 in Mania.

This came out of nowhere

#665 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:54 AM

• Project:Various Sonic Mania Mods
With help from RandomTalkingBush, Tpot, Beta Angel, Slashiee, and Rubberduckycooly, we've published the first version of the Mania Plus Extractor. It adds support to EyeKey's tool. There are 17 missing files that we cannot find the names for, but they seem to be unused. https://github.com/A...dkv5-tools-plus

#666 User is offline LukyHRE 

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

• The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar
  • Project:Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostDark Sonic, on 15 July 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

https://gamebanana.com/wips/48952

Well then. Here's basically all of Sonic 1 in Mania.

This came out of nowhere

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I'm surprised they were able to introduce such nice menus to the UI.

Speaking of ports, is there any possibility of porting functionality from the S1/S2 remasters? The boss objects, for example. Or is all hardcoded in the engine?

Also, kudos for the guys already preparing to mod Plus!

#667 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Yes, object behavior is largely hardcoded, and we don't presently have the knowledge necessary to implement custom objects like that.

#668 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:high quality video game rips
  • Wiki edits:32
Does the Mania Mod Manager / loader DLL work with the 1.05 update? Haven't tried yet. I'm assuming no, but...?

#669 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostHinchy, on 17 July 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Does the Mania Mod Manager / loader DLL work with the 1.05 update? Haven't tried yet. I'm assuming no, but...?

It does not. The addresses are different. MainMemory up there also released a statement on GameBanana today. https://gamebanana.com/news/21417

On another note, I made a mod for Plus on Friday night and finally got to play it today! https://www.youtube....h?v=6pYW68GgFzM (you can load mods from the Data folder like we always could, so I am doing that currently)
This post has been edited by Axanery: 17 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

#670 User is online Chris Highwind 

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

• Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13
So, I'm thinking of taking the Encore Mode Mirage Saloon Act 1 and putting it in the place of Sonic and Tails' (and I'm assuming Mighty and Ray's) Mirage Saloon Act 1 in Mania Mode, as I ran through the stage in Time Attack yesterday, and it's probably my favorite Encore Mode stage, to the point that I was saddened when Mania Mode seems to still have the Sky Chase segment for its Act 1. Problem is, I don't know what tool to use to swap the stages, or even where to find the stage files. Can anyone help enlighten me?

#671 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

View PostChris Highwind, on 18 July 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

So, I'm thinking of taking the Encore Mode Mirage Saloon Act 1 and putting it in the place of Sonic and Tails' (and I'm assuming Mighty and Ray's) Mirage Saloon Act 1 in Mania Mode, as I ran through the stage in Time Attack yesterday, and it's probably my favorite Encore Mode stage, to the point that I was saddened when Mania Mode seems to still have the Sky Chase segment for its Act 1. Problem is, I don't know what tool to use to swap the stages, or even where to find the stage files. Can anyone help enlighten me?

Data/Stages/MSZ/Scene1.bin and Scene1e.bin (second is Encore)

#672 User is online McAleeCh 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:37 AM

• Wiki edits:27

View PostAxanery, on 19 July 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Got to admit, I was surprised the new Encore Mode Act 1 wasn't also used as Mighty and Ray's Mania Mode Act 1 - I'm guessing maybe they felt they'd have to do a separate Mania Mode object layout for it too if they wanted to do that properly. Still love that the Zone gets a whole new Act in Encore Mode, though! = )
This post has been edited by McAleeCh: 19 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

#673 User is online Chris Highwind 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

• Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13

View PostAxanery, on 19 July 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Yeah, I managed to get that done, but the only problem is once you beat the boss in Act 1, the camera pans up to the sky as if going to where it would be if the Sky Chase stage ended and ends up soft-locking the game. That's much harder to tweak, afaik.

• 45 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users