Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - WARNING, SPOILERS - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 716 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - WARNING, SPOILERS Developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon and PagodaWest

#10726 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted Today, 06:25 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Jesus christ SEGA, just invest whatever you'd spend on Iizuka's next Sonic game in buying the rights to Nakamura's, Sonic 3 and Sonic CD tracks and vocals already.

I don't think that anybody would have a problem with exchanging a Sonic Forces 2 for no more incomplete official soundtracks and ersatz music in games ever again.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: Today, 06:36 AM

#10727 User is offline Ashram 

Posted Today, 06:55 AM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostICEknight, on Today, 06:25 AM, said:

Jesus christ SEGA, just invest whatever you'd spend on Iizuka's next Sonic game in buying the rights to Nakamura's, Sonic 3 and Sonic CD tracks and vocals already.

I don't think that anybody would have a problem with exchanging a Sonic Forces 2 for no more incomplete official soundtracks and ersatz music in games ever again.

Can't speak for 3 and CD other than 3's music rights are a mess, but Sega can't just go to Nakamura and say, "Hey, hand over your music rights. We'll pay." Nakamura probably makes good money from them and he probably doesn't want to play ball.

#10728 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted Today, 07:12 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostICEknight, on Today, 06:25 AM, said:

That'd be lovely if they could do that. The classic series music rights have been a nightmare for ages, if SEGA could just pay off whoever holds the rights that would solve so many issues.

The Sonic 1/2 songs may be difficult but what about Sonic 3? As it stands no one is profiting off that game these days.

• 716 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

11 User(s) are reading this topic
3 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Oldbie: Neo,
  2. Member: OcelotBot,
  3. Oldbie: big smile