Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources

#76 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works

View PostAmnimator, on 25 November 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

View Postrata, on 23 November 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

I'm literally crying out of laugh with this. Where does that thing come from?
Monokuma comes from a game called Danganronpa, where a teddy bear locks a bunch of people in a school and forces them to kill each other to escape. Zoney and Melpontro also did a mod including Monokuma for Unleashed, so I guess that's a bit of context.
The other bit of context is that in one of the recent Danganronpa games, Monokuma has a voice line referencing Sonic. I just it's dumb-fun , it's not much deeper than that outside of a few spoilers :V

Thanks for this Zoney, but the question remains: Pele when?

Yep! All for the lore of it all.

I made a new model of Pele from scratch purposely for this reason needs to have teeth and a tongue basically.

Spoiler

Also we have Lost World/Forces model headers figured out since they use tags at the header part right before the model data to tell it to do certain things. Such and to make a model cast shadows or recieve shadows. We have a way of writing them but its a bit hacky at the moment would like to make it easier and not hardcoded to be completely honest. But at least its progress!

Posted Image

Not having these would make models look out of place a bit like this.

Posted Image

When it should be more so like this. Also with QTE parts like these if you don't have the animation be the same length as the original animation it doesn't finish the qte and everyone just freezes in place the game is still running but just acts like its paused since it can't find anymore frames.

Posted Image

Also we got custom terrain loading for now. But we need to figure out the Probe files and SHLF files for terrain lighting and object lighting.

Posted Image

Without those files and probes placed in the terrains area it causes everything to go pitch black for shading. As you can see its Windy Hill in the background. Also the Terrain Model Node limit is back again from Lost World. Since this game doesn't have proper terrain streaming they have a set limit of how many are drawn. Whic his 1024 nodes. Test it by forcing a terrain sector to load first but it still didn't fully load the rest of them since it drew in what was closest to sonic.

Posted Image

As you can see at the top left it only drew a few models from Windy Hill while rest isn't being loaded in at all.

Also finding out they did the mouth swapping the exact same way as Lost World. It doesn't hide it by the bone name instead they name the meshes in the export and in the model file looks for the string name of the mesh and hides it. Which in the case of Sonics mouths they are called Mesh_Mouth_R Mesh_Mouth_L.
We also have this supported to have names added in when exporting out a model.

Posted Image

So now we can technically can fix Super Sonic in Lost World now. haha since they reused the Generations Super Sonic model exactly without doing mesh name support.

So for now we still need to look into more files before modding can really take off.
  • Reading HKX 2016 TAG Format (We can export older versions of Havok TAG format but not for collision apparently unsure still what it needs)
  • PROBE Files for stage lighting we need to figure out the format and way to generate them and bake the IBL maps for it.
  • .SHLF which are basically the new LightFields for giving light to Sonic and game objects. Same thing will have to find a way to bake the SH maps for them.
  • RFL files these contain basically parameters that control what the game is doing. They are binary files and contain no strings. They are used for Sonics Physics and Stage SceneEffect setups.
  • CEMT Are the Particle files
  • EFFDB which are particle locations
  • ASM Files are used for telling what object uses what animation for what action basically. Haven't dug much further into it.

Making fast progress thanks to Dario having all that LibGens stuff already set up and for Sonic Team for being lazy and not changing too much. Hard part is getting Set Data object templates from the EXE and figuring collision and lighting.
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 25 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

#77 User is offline Amnimator 

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

Pele is looking great. He's fighting to save his home town, Uncanny Valley Zone, and his fellow non-anthropomorphic dog bipeds :V

Also, you guys have been figuring things out, fast, and a lot neat bits of info as well. With terrain streaming like that, that would mean we'd come across similar issues like Lost World in terms of larger stages, right? Is it possible that's part of what incentivised them with bite-size stages?

#78 User is offline Moonight 

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

I don't really want to come with dumb questions, but is there any way so far to get the armature, and how then? After extracting the .pac files, I supposed it was the skl.hkx file, but I don't find anything else more than Skyrim related things, that If I use they give me an error saying basically that it's not compatible.

Thanks in advance and sorry for disturbing.

#79 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

View PostMoonight, on 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

I don't really want to come with dumb questions, but is there any way so far to get the armature, and how then? After extracting the .pac files, I supposed it was the skl.hkx file, but I don't find anything else more than Skyrim related things, that If I use they give me an error saying basically that it's not compatible.

You can rip the rigging and skeleton using modelfbx from my fork of LibGens.
If you don't input a .skl.hkx file, the program is going to export the skeleton from model file itself.
As for normals, it seems 3ds Max versions below 2016 cause normals not to import correctly. Other 3D programs (like Blender) seem to work fine, though.

As for the PAC files, you can grab my PAC unpacker/repacker from here.
You will need Python 2.7.14 to run the script.

#80 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostSkyth, on 29 November 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

If you don't input a .skl.hkx file, the program is going to export the skeleton from model file itself.
As for normals, it seems 3ds Max versions below 2016 cause normals not to import correctly. Other 3D programs (like Blender) seem to work fine, though.

Oh hey, nice to see you're here.

Added both of those to first post.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 29 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

#81 User is offline Moonight 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostSkyth, on 29 November 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

View PostMoonight, on 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Thanks Skyth! I can finally export the skeleton. I was worried I had to do the rigging myself as I'm horrible at doing rigging, weight paint is a pain for me.
I can finally work with these models.

I also found that Buddy (Avatar) has some weird mouths that seem to be the same, if I remember they were "rb_mouth" and "mnq_mouth", also it was weird for me since the only species you can pick that I remember are wolf, cat, bear, dog, bird and hedgehog. Are those some "test models" or dumped ideas from SEGA? They look like hedgehog mouths, they might be from that, but I didn't really play with the hedgehog avatar, to be honest.

#82 User is offline RandomTBush 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostMoonight, on 29 November 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I also found that Buddy (Avatar) has some weird mouths that seem to be the same, if I remember they were "rb_mouth" and "mnq_mouth", also it was weird for me since the only species you can pick that I remember are wolf, cat, bear, dog, bird and hedgehog. Are those some "test models" or dumped ideas from SEGA? They look like hedgehog mouths, they might be from that, but I didn't really play with the hedgehog avatar, to be honest.
Nope, those are both used. "rb" is for the Rabbit, and the "mnq" is for the mannequin which is used with displaying the cosmetics.

#83 User is offline Jason 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

• *Results not lab tested.

View PostLanzer, on 23 September 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostJason, on 23 September 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hooters waitress OC costume or riot.

Its gonna be a PC version mod, count on it.

So, what's the status on this? :v:

#84 User is offline Moonight 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostRandomTBush, on 29 November 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

View PostMoonight, on 29 November 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Nope, those are both used. "rb" is for the Rabbit, and the "mnq" is for the mannequin which is used with displaying the cosmetics.

Oh, thanks, I was confused about those. I completely forgot about the rabbit and I had a rabbit avatar... That's awkward for me :/

#85 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

View Posturlogic, on 22 November 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

I think anyone who wants to hack Forces should possibly try using Cheat Engine... So far this guy has made some interesting progress. Strange that he's a member here and doesn't post anything about what he does.

well, that's because after my work on Mania it was more productive to stay centered in the discord modding community then coming here and creating then updating a thread no one cares about or posting and getting no real feedback on improving the cheat table I am making for the community. not only that but Sonic Forces has been a major pain in the ass compared to other sonic games, even cousins like Generations it was easier to find and make stuff for the cheat table, now I've had to spend a lot of time just learning the how the game is written and learning more about x64 assembly then actually finding useful things and the useful things i actually spent time looking hard for turned up nothing. like the wispon gauge bar, even though I managed to make it stay full it will still stop after a certain amount of time.

despite all that this new method I'm using for grabbing addresses means that these last two updates I've only had to manually update a few entries as unless they make a change to a function i used to hook everything will just work regardless of where the actual values are in memory or even if the function changes around in memory. unlike mania where mania's addresses were all static so they wouldn't change from run to run, but every update i was manually updating over 100 addresses. IF Mania has another update i'll probably go in and modernize the cheat table but until then like all my work you can find the latest versions on my website. http://codenamegamma.com

With the ability to decrypt and recryrpt savegames its, I've put work into trying to figure out what does what and how stuff changes so hopefully the limits and how it works can be documented and someone can make a SaveGame Editor for Sonic Forces, in the meanwhile I've been able to use the savegame editing to see what values the game using for things like Avatar items, and so I was able to find the structure and memory location for everything avatar related.

Posted Image

This means even if the Avatar Item or Wispon is locked it can still be set via memory to your character, no need to spend hours collecting moons or getting S-Ranks.

Here is a Small Demo.

the next bit is to figure out what changes in the savegame to determine what stages are locked or unlocked so maybe that can be changed via memory as well, failing that then redrings, Numbers, moons ect...
This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 29 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

#86 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostJason, on 29 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

So, what's the status on this? :v:

considering we have full model replacements now its only a matter of time.

#87 User is offline rata 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

• Project:Trying to be useful somehow.

View PostLanzer, on 29 November 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostJason, on 29 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

So, what's the status on this? //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/v.png

considering we have full model replacements now its only a matter of time.

Please stop... hahaha. Modding community is loosing it's mind and I love it.

#88 User is offline ccateni 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

How would I change the models in the game?

#89 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Good news:

It's possible to tweak the physics like in Generations.

EDIT: Said mod has been released, and would you look at that, it makes Classic Sonic appear to play 100 times better:

This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 06 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

#90 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
Just now seeing this, thats awesome the physics mod fix was able to be worked into Forces after all. hopefully once level layouts can be broken we can see some of these levels redone with good actual level design. I hope to see a complete Classic Sonic redesign mod for this game one day, give us new music and new level layouts along with this physics fix and I'll be happy for his inclusion in this game.

Is their a way to get Modern's double jump working to be less ass and maybe give him some of his old movesets from Generations/Colors/Unleashed?
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 08 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

• 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users