Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: IDW Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 16 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

IDW Megathread The series has begun, and with a bang

#226 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:40 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Well that was already done and on their release schedule, plus this game barely has any exposure as is so this might not be the worst timing.

As for said issue? It's an advertising comic. It's literally just like the Sonic All stars racing transformed and the Sonic Olympics comics from the Archie days.

#227 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

• Wiki edits:6
The TSR comic is something that belongs in a manual. The art is nice, as to be expected, but it's the most pointless and uneventful story imaginable. It's a glorified tutorial. Every mention of the games mechanics is incredibly forced. But at least it told us the name of that new Wisp, I guess? It's called the Jade Ghost. I wasn't too far off thinking Phantom or Spectre.

#228 User is offline Jason 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
IDW Annual 2019 announced

I dunno exactly what an "annual" is in industry jargon, but it looks like it's some sort of special rather than a compilation. Uekawa is doing a cover, so Tangle and Whisper get "official" artwork :v:.

#229 User is offline Burezu 

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

• Butt.
  • Project:http://bit.ly/2qKLOPW

View PostJason, on 20 December 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

IDW Annual 2019 announced

I dunno exactly what an "annual" is in industry jargon, but it looks like it's some sort of special rather than a compilation. Uekawa is doing a cover, so Tangle and Whisper get "official" artwork :v:/>.

Annual basically just means, "here's a one-shot comic with a bunch of one-shot mini stories by a bunch of industry creators that mostly have zero impact on the actual story."

Most books do this yearly (hence the name) but they can be good testing grounds for newer artist/authors to be brought into the series later in the production. Sometimes, they use the annual to bridge some outlying info for major story lines, like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2018 Annual did for Shattered Grid. But, seeing as James Kochalka is tied to the project, I'm sure it's just going to be silly/cute stuff that have nothing to do with what comes month-to-month.

#230 User is offline ParleyMint 

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

• Sonic Music Curator
Though I wasn't a big fan of how short-lived Neo Metal Sonic's super form was, I have to say that Metal Overlord's presence was really imposing. They had to straight up crash an airship into him just to make an opening. All in all, not the best story arc in the Sonic comics, but a pretty good introduction to the characters and what their role is in IDW's canon.

• 16 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users