Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sega Forever - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 19 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sega Forever

#211 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters
Sega just updated Sonic1 for Android: "Eggman's plan to fill the game with bugs has failed and they have all been safely removed."

Unacceptable answer Sega. Stop being cute. This is a disaster.

#212 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

• Wiki edits:18
I'm afraid to even test it anymore.

#213 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

• Model2wannaB

View PostICEknight, on 06 June 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm afraid to even test it anymore.

Exactly how many bugs DID Eggman leave in the game before the fix? :specialed:/>

EDIT: Holy fuck the website is STILL broken from a simple "?" when using referral links. Maybe it's time to stop paying attention to Sega until they do something that deems worthy of attention when it comes to their "retro" mindset. Good grief.
This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 06 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

#214 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!
I tested the update on my (android) phone.

They're now advertising Sonic Forces Speed Battle (top right):

Posted Image

Also:

Posted Image

Click on "SEGAZINE" to view recent SEGA Forever tweets:

Posted Image

So yeah, a completely pointless update.
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 06 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

#215 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

• Wiki edits:6
Meanwhile, Sonic CD is still completely broken on an iPhone X.

#216 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
Please tell me it's not just my phone (a Galaxy J3 Eclipse) that has these issues:

• In all games, pausing and unpausing during the results screens can result in you being stuck.
  • In Sonic 2, ads can play between each "act" in Boss Attack Zone, destroying the flow.
  • Sonic CD can crash for no reason. Also, I hear static when multiple sound effects play at once, which is really troublesome during the final boss.

#217 User is offline MCJeffsy 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

Sega have now decided to put out a Saturn style bluetooth controller that comes with "19 free games" eg: Sega Forever.

It's £29.99 at most online retailers.... only downside is it takes 2xAAA batteries rather than being rechargeable.

https://youtu.be/JoHsH0yHWaQ

Interesting that they have put this out, when Retro-bit are also putting out some Sega licenced bluetooth pads later this year....
This post has been edited by MCJeffsy: 08 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

#218 User is offline Josh 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

• TGC Warrior
  • Wiki edits:1
Meanwhile, I can't find it for pre-order for less than $45, which seems a tad steep...

#219 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

• Model2wannaB

View PostMCJeffsy, on 08 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Sega have now decided to put out a Saturn style bluetooth controller that comes with "19 free games" eg: Sega Forever.

It's £29.99 at most online retailers.... only downside is it takes 2xAAA batteries rather than being rechargeable.

Interesting that they have put this out, when Retro-bit are also putting out some Sega licenced bluetooth pads later this year....

Why does Sega Forever have such a European bias? Why are there no JP titles for JP users? Why does the Sega Forever only retweet .co.uk links and shops which require imports for US and JP users? Japan gets it's own cool Sega stuff but really the Sonic merch at Spencers and Hot Topic is getting really old.

#220 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!
They've also updated Sonic 2 on 5th June. Like Sonic 1 it now advertises Sonic Forces Speed Battle and that SEGAZINE thing.

#221 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 08 June 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostMCJeffsy, on 08 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why does Sega Forever have such a European bias? Why are there no JP titles for JP users? Why does the Sega Forever only retweet .co.uk links and shops which require imports for US and JP users? Japan gets it's own cool Sega stuff but really the Sonic merch at Spencers and Hot Topic is getting really old.

It being based in the UK might be a good start explaining why. Besides, we can complain about the stuff Europe isn't getting from the US side if we really want to go down that road like the entire current Sega merch store, so...

#222 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

• Model2wannaB

View PostOverlord, on 08 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

... if we really want to go down that road like the entire current Sega merch store, so...

Understandable. I'm just underwhelmed with Sega Forever and their tweets about retro things in the UK are the only thing of interest to me. Maybe my wallet will thank me if I just unfollow them until better Sega Forever news arrives.

#223 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

• Wiki edits:6
As much as I do really dislike when products and services only get released in certain regions and think it's unfair whether that's my region or not... there's often (not always) a North American 'bias' from SEGA and other gaming companies so it really sticks out to me when people on the other side of the Atlantic complain about things like this. Complain away cause you are getting the short stick here, but yeah.

#224 User is online Covarr 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostOverlord, on 08 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

It being based in the UK might be a good start explaining why. Besides, we can complain about the stuff Europe isn't getting from the US side if we really want to go down that road like the entire current Sega merch store, so...

I think this really speaks to a larger problem with Sega as a whole. The fact is, every regional branch has been making products for the world but marketing primarily for their own region for years (decades?), leading to this bizarre culture of duplicated work at vastly different quality levels, unintentional self-competition, and a general public-facing presentation of themselves as sometimes one unified company and sometimes several independent companies that merely work together.

Really, I don't understand the totally inconsistent levels of autonomy that Sega allows their various regions. Surely they've noticed by now that this is confusing and frustrating to customers, right?

#225 User is offline big smile 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:29 AM

That controller is neat. But don't these sort of things normally work on iPhone, Android and PC/Mac? It's a bit odd that it's Android only. And does it only work with the Sega Forever games? It's also a shame that it's battery powered and not rechargeable USB. A brilliant idea that's been lessened in the execution, much like the Sega Forever line!

• 19 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users