Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources

#106 User is offline Skyth 

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

View PostWindii, on Yesterday, 01:51 PM, said:

Yeah, the shortcut method seems to work, thank god for that. Although I'm not sure if I still understand some of the game's .dds files. They seem to use this new format that is not compatible with InfranView or Photoshop with the Nvidia plugins. Maybe some of you guys know if there are any modern methods for viewing and converting them than whatever I use? For example, this guy seems to have been able to figure them out and made a script that converts all .dds files in a folder to .tga. This is how I could grab those backgrounds on the main menu (they're big!):
Spoiler

I got two plugins you can use.

Plugin for Paint.NET
Plugin for Photoshop

For the Paint.NET one, you need to rename the extensions to DDS2 so it can load them.

#107 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted Yesterday, 02:07 PM

• Project:Mecha Madness
I'm having some trouble getting the animated skeletons out using modelfbx. They only spit out 5kb fbx files with no animation.

#108 User is offline Skyth 

Posted Yesterday, 02:10 PM

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on Yesterday, 02:07 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble getting the animated skeletons out using modelfbx. They only spit out 5kb fbx files with no animation.

Are you trying to rip the .anm.hkx files? If so, that's not possible yet, since Forces uses Havok 2016 which has no publicly released tools or SDK we can use to rip the files.
This post has been edited by Skyth: Yesterday, 02:12 PM

#109 User is offline Windii 

Posted Yesterday, 04:05 PM

• tf you're looking at keep scrolling
  • Project:Fanvids!

View PostSkyth, on Yesterday, 02:05 PM, said:

I got two plugins you can use.

Plugin for Paint.NET
Plugin for Photoshop

For the Paint.NET one, you need to rename the extensions to DDS2 so it can load them.

Wow, this works like a charm. Completely beats the Nvidia tools in every way. It even keeps the transparency.

#110 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted Today, 11:23 AM

• Project:Mecha Madness

View PostSkyth, on Yesterday, 02:10 PM, said:

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on Yesterday, 02:07 PM, said:

Are you trying to rip the .anm.hkx files? If so, that's not possible yet, since Forces uses Havok 2016 which has no publicly released tools or SDK we can use to rip the files.

Makes sense =/

• 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Pending Member: XRick