Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Studio Fan Project - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Studio Fan Project A work in progress

#91 User is offline High Fidelity 

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

Blown away, really really great. Easily as good as official art if not better. Great poses, gorgeous colours and shades. If I where to make any suggestions it would be that the logo might benefit by being simplified.

Maybe it's worth sending some SEGA's way if you haven't already...

#92 User is offline Felik 

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

• Wiki edits:1
Rarely do I see a person who's both talented artist and a programmer/game designer. Huge props for your hard work. I can't wait to play Sonic Studio.

#93 User is offline Tommo 

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:26 AM

• Well yes but actually no.
  • Project:Pocket Monsters for PSDK (Working Title)
That latest video looks fantastic, can't wait to see a release of this. A couple of quick questions though;
How will levels be exported/imported and what will they run out of? Is it possible to string multiple levels/zones into a full-length 2D Sonic game? And what are our options regarding different character-specific maneuvers such as Sonic's drop dash, Knuckles' gliding, Tails' flight, Mighty's ground pound and Ray's "Mario Cape feather" flight? I know a lot of these (like full length games and movement options) are kind of secondary at this stage of the game, especially to getting a fully-functional level editor working and reliable, but I'd love to hear your plans for the future.

#94 User is offline hombreimaginario 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

• Project:Xenocider for Dreamcast
Hello everyone. Second post as a trial member...

My name is Carlos and I'm a member of Retro Sumus, a small indie dev team from Spain, currently working on Xenocider for Dreamcast (yeah, yeah, I know...), among other little projects.

I decided to register as a user here because I wanted to try contact Lapper. We are interested in porting Sonic Maker to Linux and Mac if this hasn't been done yet (which I couldn't really find any info about). Perhaps Lapper could be into this idea. So, in addition to sending him a PM once I was approved as a member, I thought I might as well ask other users here what they think about it.

I was advised to try this thread, as I didn't know Sonic Studio Fan Project was an evolution of Sonic Maker... I mean, it is, isn't it? Well, if it's done with GameMaker then this is probably not doable anyway, but I thought I might as well give it a try and ask...

#95 User is offline Roller 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:14 AM

• Project:SRB2Kart, LEGO Ideas Sonic Mania
I'm not Lapper, but I *do* know it's made in Game Maker Studio, which only needs a permanent ownership license to export to Mac and Linux.

Your porting work might be relevant if Lapper ever wanted to port the game to not be tied to that software, but I dunno whether he'd bite for that. Guy seems to be AWOL right now, or at least undercover while incubating the final product - and I know when you're in that state of progress, the idea of starting again from scratch for a new coding platform might not sound appealing.
This post has been edited by Roller: 13 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

#96 User is offline hombreimaginario 

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:54 AM

• Project:Xenocider for Dreamcast

View PostRoller, on 13 March 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Your porting work might be relevant if Lapper ever wanted to port the game to not be tied to that software

...which sounds pretty appealing on its own right to me :P

#97 User is offline Lapper 

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Studio, Kyle & Lucy: WW
  • Wiki edits:111

View PostRoller, on 13 March 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Guy seems to be AWOL right now, or at least undercover while incubating the final product

Bit of both -
It's just a bit of fun for me, I don't take it too seriously so I have no interest in porting it I'm afraid. :v:

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users