Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Assemblers for the Megadrive/Genesis - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Assemblers for the Megadrive/Genesis

#16 User is offline shobiz 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

• Wiki edits:4,411

View PostPuto, on May 5 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

I still believe that, besides the fact that it can prove that the disassembly is done right, there's no real point to disabling optimizations.

I agree, but in this case I was using the modified version to ensure my changes didn't screw anything up, and for some reason didn't consider the possibility of switching back to a normal AS executable once I had checked that. It's quite easy to use search-and-replace to get rid of all 0-offset displacements though, so I think I'll just leave it as it is.

#17 User is offline FraGag 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

• Project:an assembler
  • Wiki edits:6

View Postshobiz, on May 5 2008, 03:58 AM, said:

Figured it out. The problem is stuff like jmp somewhere, which is supposed to be jmp (somewhere).l. Aurochs mentioned a while back things like that could cause AS to throw errors during the second pass. It's a simple regular expression search and replace fix though.

Good catch! I'd probably have figured it out if I actually compared the good ones with the erroneous ones. I'll consider this if I ever want to use AS. Thanks!

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users