Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Super Sonic cheat meaning - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Super Sonic cheat meaning

#16 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

View Postsaxman, on 28 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Also... http://bible.cc/job/41-26.htm

No sword can stop it, no spear, dart, or javelin.

I think this one is probably more coincidental. Still, it fits!

This obviously implies something of invincibility. Super Sonic is in fact invincible and cannot be penetrated by any force.

So, this reference as well makes the 4126 all the more convincing that it is a bible reference. You got two pretty solid references so far, so I'm pretty convinced.

#17 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

• Wiki edits:4
Wasn't Naka about 26 while developing S2? Maybe he had a very fun april fools day when he was 26?

I really think it's all coincidences.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 29 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

#18 User is offline gold lightning 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

• I have seen some shit in my time
  • Wiki edits:2
I always just assumed it was an internal build number of the game for some reason. However, the possibility of a Bible reference is very intriguing.

#19 User is offline Vangar 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

I doubt they put bible references into the games. I thought they were some kind of significant dates.
This post has been edited by Vangar: 29 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

#20 User is offline Sik 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11
Not always (for Knuckles in Sonic 2 they went with 1, 6, 7, 7, 7, 2, 1, 6 - 16777216 is 2²⁴, aka the number of combinations you can store in three bytes - though that came out later so I suppose they just looked for a number that resembled something...).

#21 User is offline minichapman 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

• I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdom, but the odds are agains
  • Project:Staying sane.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostSik, on 28 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostAerosolSP, on 28 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Wasn't Sonic 2 developed in Japan?
No, it was developed in the US (as a cooperation between members from Sonic Team and STI, so half Japanese and half American developer-wise)

Well in that case could it be possible that STI had something to do with the cheat codes? STI (possibly knowing of Naka's birthday or such.) add the biblen reference. Besides, doesn't the Jap's also have some significance with the number 7? There's something in the back of my skull that has an explanation and a link to it. I'll get back to everyone on that.

Waiting for theory to be shot down in 3.....2......1.......

#22 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.

View Postminichapman, on 29 April 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

View PostSik, on 28 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostAerosolSP, on 28 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Wasn't Sonic 2 developed in Japan?
No, it was developed in the US (as a cooperation between members from Sonic Team and STI, so half Japanese and half American developer-wise)

Well in that case could it be possible that STI had something to do with the cheat codes? STI (possibly knowing of Naka's birthday or such.) add the biblen reference. Besides, doesn't the Jap's also have some significance with the number 7? There's something in the back of my skull that has an explanation and a link to it. I'll get back to everyone on that.

Golden warrior...7 great artifacts...

#23 User is offline Sik 

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, what association do you make between 4-1-2-6 and 7? =P

Also 7 is an important number in a lot of cultures (Japanese included).

#24 User is offline minichapman 

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostSik, on 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Yeah, what association do you make between 4-1-2-6 and 7? =P

Also 7 is an important number in a lot of cultures (Japanese included).

I wasn't. I was stating on the possibility that STI had the say of cheat codes and such. It seems more convenient where America (which has a large amount of christians) would reference that.
Someone at STI may have heard about the seven emeralds, thought to themselves "I know a good in-joke or whatever to reference SEVEN emeralds.

The seven healthy cows and the seven healthy heads of grain both represent seven years of prosperity.

It could literally be a vast number of things. It's like saying about how Super Sonic is a direct reference to Goku because of his spikes going up and turning golden/yellow. SEVEN Dragonballs.

7 as in lucky number 7.

7 goes well with videogames too.

Anyway *tired rambling over*

#25 User is offline Yuzoboy 

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Pretty interesting observation there with the bible extract. Would be good to know for sure if the team intended that link.

#26 User is offline saxman 

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

• Oldbie
  • Wiki edits:136
Bill Willis was an assistant programmer for the game. Since he is the only American (well, I assume he is by his name) on the team, it makes it more likely that he'd be a Christian, and therefore I wonder if he was responsbile for the cheat code.

#27 User is offline Tanks 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

I really love how half this thread is shitting on this just because it has a Christian basis. Please don't argue out of it, its fucking obvious. The mindset in here ought to be "Oh cool. We should look into this." Instead you're quick to rain on the fucking parade for no reason. We've documented theories and coincidences in the past. Why not now? I'm willing to hold this up as a possibility, but counter-theories are always acceptable.

#28 User is offline minichapman 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Are you aiming this at me or in general?

As far I'm concerned no one (myself included) is "raining on the fucking parade".

as for myself. I'm just talking on the basis of possibilites and such. If you do not like that then that's your problem.

#29 User is offline Sik 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostTanks, on 01 May 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I really love how half this thread is shitting on this just because it has a Christian basis. Please don't argue out of it, its fucking obvious. The mindset in here ought to be "Oh cool. We should look into this." Instead you're quick to rain on the fucking parade for no reason. We've documented theories and coincidences in the past. Why not now? I'm willing to hold this up as a possibility, but counter-theories are always acceptable.
Don't forget though that companies (including Sega) try to avoid every single attempt at a religious reference because they are afraid some religious nut will come out and complain and possibly put everything under a bad light. So that alone could put into doubt this whole theory, although you could argue it's so subtle they let it pass... so it could be either, really.

#30 User is offline Tanks 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I totally agree Sik. I'm just trying to keep this from getting swept under the rug because OH GOD CHRISTIAN OVERTONES CAN'T HAVE THAT ON OUR MAGICAL NIHILISTIC RETRO FORUMS. I'd love to contact the American dev team to see if we can get an explanation for the code. But people shitting on this will only serve to hinder research on this. How about we keep an open mind on this and find other connections?

• 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users