Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Iizuka relocating to USA to "oversee development of new games" - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Iizuka relocating to USA to "oversee development of new games"

#16 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostKail, on 17 December 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

US based Sonic Team? Hell yeah baby time for Sonic Spinball 2

Or Sonic 2 Part 2. =P

#17 User is offline HEDGESMFG 

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

Sonic 2, the 2 after the Sequel. Are you up 2 it?

#18 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:41 AM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
Wasn't that called Sonic 4 Episode 2?

#19 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
Maybe there will be more classic western sonic stuff put in aside from Chilli dogs. Maybe Robotnik will call Orbot and Cubot Dumbots.

#20 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN

View PostKail, on 17 December 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

US based Sonic Team? Hell yeah baby time for Sonic Spinball 2

This but unironically, and beating Spinball 2 unlocks the original Veg-O-Fortress for a complete remake of Spinball 1 in the Spinball 2 engine. Hit me up SEGA, I'm ready to print you the money.

#21 User is online dot.kh 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

• puniboy 4 president
The president from SA2, playable in Sonic Forces Speed Battle.

I have nothing else to say.

#22 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

It could be the Boom initiative except done right.

I hated Sonic Boom and its lazy self-aware boring hipster sensibilities but I do think it came from Sega of America earnestly wanting to make the Sonic Brand great (and profitable) again. That work was sabotaged by Sega of Japan and their three game deal with Nintendo (who themselves clearly regret the deal seeing as how Lost World is on Steam unlike say Bayonetta 2). Not going to pretend SoA are a mirror of excellence but I am willing to give them another shot. The only thing SoJ will give us is another Sonic Forces anyway.

#23 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:32 AM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostLaughingcow, on 19 December 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

(who themselves clearly regret the deal seeing as how Lost World is on Steam unlike say Bayonetta 2)

Bayonetta 2 contains lots of Nintendo properties and references and it was largely funded by Nintendo after SEGA dropped the project. Lost World is just a SEGA game that was designed for the Nintendo audience, but has no specific ties outside of two bits of product placement crossover DLC.
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 20 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

#24 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

View PostBlue Blood, on 20 December 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Bayonetta 2 contains lots of Nintendo properties and references and it was largely funded by Nintendo after SEGA dropped the project.

Those would just be cut out in a Steam release much like how the additional Nintendo references added to Bayonetta 1 are absent from the steam version. When asked on whether or not Bayonetta 2 would be ported to Steam, Kamiya simply responded to "ask Nintendo" which makes sense as Nintendo published the game. A similar situation to Devil's Third which was published by Nintendo but later got a modified PC port when Nintendo decided the game wasn't worth holding onto. Sonic Lost World simply wasn't worth it to Nintendo (who shared publishing duties in some regions).

#25 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

• Not actually a nazi, possibly the messiah, definitely a dinosaur
  • Project:SNOIC GENERATONS PLUS
So apparently the Sakura Wars team got folded into Sonic Team and now ST is developing Shin Sakura Taisen.

#26 User is offline XRick 

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:13 AM

• Wiki edits:2
All of this (Live Movie included) really makes me wonder what may be the future of the Sonic franchise...

#27 User is offline Nicky Ali 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

• Will stop at nothing to remind you that the Advance Trilogy exists
Well, if anyone was wondering what might be coming next, this was found on 4chan via reddit and I really don't know what to make of it:
Posted Image
4Chan leaks are fake usually, but this is one is weird to me. I feel like the post itself is just a red-herring and that whoever wrote it might actually have some idea of what the next game actually is. They use the same numbers teased by the Sonic Twitter ("1:11 2:22 3:33") and the post is titled "Sonic's next adventure". There's also an image of a chao. I'm probably reading into it waaay too much but this is really strange for a 4chan leak. Why would a 4chan leak try to give vague and cryptic hints instead of being blunt like they usually are?

#28 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

• Wiki edits:6
Because this phony leaker is trying to seem credible by mimicking the official social media and creating their bullshit based on the likely scenario with the info we already know. Don't bother reading into it.

Besides TSR, it's pretty likely that there's no other Sonic game coming this year. Part of TSR'S delay was likely even to plug the 2019 gap, the same as Boom Fire and Ice a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere about CS2/SEGA working on a new IP, and of course the restructuring is well-known at this point.

Leaks are trash unless there's some tangible evidence to ascertain their validity. Using publicly known info, the word "adventure" and a picture of a Chao doesn't qualify as evidence.

#29 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

For a "leak", it doesn't actually leak anything. The only game that was possibly on the horizon was a tie-in with the Sonic movie but even that was only a rumor. Whoever made this "leak" clearly doesn't know how.

#30 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

• Not actually a nazi, possibly the messiah, definitely a dinosaur
  • Project:SNOIC GENERATONS PLUS
I hope it's true because I want another non-Sonic Sonic Team game again. It's been too long.

• 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users