- The logo would look even cooler if, before it started spinning, Sonic would appear and run through it.
1. I had this idea, but refused it because I don't know how to perform such a scene. If Sonic would run quickly from left to right (like in Sonic 2), the logo spinning vertically after his touch would look strange. It would be obviously better to make it spin just like a signpost, but the hardware isn't capable to do it even using VDP-tricks, I would have either to render it by software (like I do in menu, but I hardly find enough resources for that) or keep each spinning frame pre-rendered in the ROM (which will take too much ROM space). Another way I imagine this scene is Sonic falls from the top and touches the logo, then he lands and runs away. But again, I have no idea how to perform it gracefully.
I don't think it would look strange... Think of it like it's one of those pinball thingies that start spinning once the ball passes through them. Like this one:
- Original music?
3. Do you mean the new music composed specially for this project? Well, I don't think if I need this, in fact I'm rather content with the current music, which Jet ported for me. I may replace it with more suitable ports if I find ones.
Well... I meant anything that's not from other franchises. It's just odd listening to non-Sonic music in a Sonic compilation, as nice as they sound they don't seem to belong in there.
- I think you should remove the "A - Play" message, as everybody is going to press Start anyway...
4. "C - Credits" will stay absolutely alone then =( An extra button to launch a game isn't odd or confusing to my mind.
You can change "A - Play" to "START - Play"... I just don't see why anybody would rather press "A" of all buttons over one that's labeled "START", that is all. =|