Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: THE MACKENING - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 132 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: THE MACKENING It's fine to trace, kids, Marvel does it

#511 User is offline Candescence 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

• Project:3D Indie Stuff
At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that the copyright system is pretty much fucking broken if Ken can actually somehow have some semblance of a chance.

Then again, copyright was always there to benefit big corporations way more than artists, and is becoming increasingly out of date in a digital age, so, yeah.
This post has been edited by Candescence: 13 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

#512 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

From the mind of Ken Penders, author, artist, producer, and director

I said this the last the The Lost Ones was brought up, but Penders keeps reminding me more and more of Garth Merengi:

The character is highly conceited, often describing himself through epithets such as "the dream weaver", "shaman", "titan of terror", "The One Man Fear Factory" and "master of the macabre." In interviews, he compares himself positively with James Joyce, Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci and Jesus.

Despite this, Marenghi displays a general ignorance of many subjects of which he claims knowledge. He claims to be self-taught, having left school young ("I knew by the age of eight that my education had finished"), and he rarely reads books. When he needs to learn about a subject, he will "hire someone to go and find out about it." In both stage shows, in the official website, and in numerous interviews he claims to have written more books than he has read.

#513 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Coming soon: Ken Penders' SnarkFace, a drama about Echidnas in a nursing home stopping the demon Archies from destroying the world.

#514 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
The Republic is awful.
Awful, awful, awful. I don't understand why the picture quality is shit. Then check their channel. There is a 15 minute special feature of Penders talking as though this project is of some sort of importance. It is ridiculous, and a lie to himself

#515 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

• Wiki edits:5
The Lost Ones looks so damn fucking awful. In fact, everything that Ken does is crap. I've seen more creativity on DeviantArt by 15 year olds. Seriously, some people in this world have an undeserving feeling of self worth, and Ken Penders is completely the definition of such a person. His art work is terrible, his stories confusing, uninteresting and uninspired, and he has no shame. Floating Island Productions is just hilarious and I really don't know if I should be taking this guy and his work seriously. He's an experiment for legal procedures, but that's about it.

#516 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
Listen to that gorgeous audio. Straight out of a 1992.

I cannot comprehend this project. Or any of his others, really.

#517 User is offline SonikkuForever 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

• Be cool, be wild, and be groovy!
  • Project:Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
  • Wiki edits:56

View PostSpeedStarTMQ, on 13 September 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

The Lost Ones looks so damn fucking awful. In fact, everything that Ken does is crap. I've seen more creativity on DeviantArt by 15 year olds. Seriously, some people in this world have an undeserving feeling of self worth, and Ken Penders is completely the definition of such a person. His art work is terrible, his stories confusing, uninteresting and uninspired, and he has no shame. Floating Island Productions is just hilarious and I really don't know if I should be taking this guy and his work seriously. He's an experiment for legal procedures, but that's about it.

Even James Cameron and Chris Nolan had to start somewhere, and it would be fair to say my first efforts could be compared to their first efforts.

Ken Penders, on The Lost Ones.

#518 User is offline Tylinos 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Andlabs, on #retro earlier, talking about the trailer for The Lost Ones said:

<andlabs> - some parts are greenscreened Unreal Tournament 2000 maps

Wait, seriously? ...Holy shit, I think they are. And...music from the Iron Man soundtrack?

KEN PENDERS

MASTER OF COPYRIGHT

You can't use his work, but he can use yours!

#519 User is offline NeonZephyr 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostTylinos, on 13 September 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Wait, seriously? ...Holy shit, I think they are. And...music from the Iron Man soundtrack?

KEN PENDERS

MASTER OF COPYRIGHT

Please tell me that you're kidding. I only watched it once when massively sleep-deprived.

This is a new level of hypocrisy for Penders. And, yet, I'm not the least bit surprised.

...How can Penders still afford this? Between his new legal fees (apparently) and his bankruptcy, I'd think that if *anyone* would win a "war of attrition" it wouldn't be the broke guy, not again a company with several series making them (presumably) steady profit.

This still confuses me.

#520 User is offline Retroman 

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

• XD

View PostNeonZephyr, on 13 September 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostTylinos, on 13 September 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

KEN PENDERS

MASTER OF COPYRIGHT

Please tell me that you're kidding. I only watched it once when massively sleep-deprived.

This is a new level of hypocrisy for Penders. And, yet, I'm not the least bit surprised.

...How can Penders still afford this? Between his new legal fees (apparently) and his bankruptcy, I'd think that if *anyone* would win a "war of attrition" it wouldn't be the broke guy, not again a company with several series making them (presumably) steady profit.

This still confuses me.

He is butthurt because the only talent he has is writing, which he sucks at and he just wants a quick way to make money and get attention to himself. It's not working, and he bit off more than he could chew. If he continues this, I'd say in the next couple of months he will be surviving on food stamps.

He's an idiot. He got paid by Archie, and now he wants more money?! Wow, I bet the lawyers are going to find a loophole in the law and exploit it, but it is very very unlikely.

Ken Penders, if you are reading this, stop the case. You are wasting everyone's time with your massive over-inflated ego. You aren't Steven Spielberg. Stop trying to make people upset. You agreed with a contract, you honor it. Your stance is like comparing an ice block to antarctica. You are bound to sink because you got nothing.
This post has been edited by Retroman: 13 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

#521 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

• Wiki edits:5

View PostSonikkuForever, on 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

View PostSpeedStarTMQ, on 13 September 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Even James Cameron and Chris Nolan had to start somewhere, and it would be fair to say my first efforts could be compared to their first efforts.

Ken Penders, on The Lost Ones.

I love that. I consider The Lost Ones to be totally on par with The Terminator, obviously. :v:

What a fucking retard! It has gone beyond words to describe how utterly egotistical this man is and I really hope he fails for that reason alone. :colbert:
This post has been edited by SpeedStarTMQ: 14 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

#522 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
<@Overlord> Our Penders
<@Overlord> Who art in Archie
<@Overlord> Hallowed be thy storylines
<@Overlord> Thy echidnas come
<Lobotomy> LOL
<@Overlord> Thy story done
<@Overlord> On Mobius as it is in Earth
<@Overlord> Give us this day our daily soap opera
<@Overlord> And lead us not into action
<Lobotomy> ol stop
<Lobotomy> I'm crying
<@Overlord> But deliver us from plot
<@Overlord> For thine is the copyright
<@Overlord> The characters and the story
<@Overlord> Forever and ever
<@Overlord> Our Ken
* @Overlord runs

And now it's revealed his flagship "original ideas" are full of other people's material. Great job, Penders.

#523 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

It's as I always say: any moron can write a story, but it takes a special breed of moron to rip somebody else's story off.

#524 User is offline Metalsonicmk72 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

Makes me wonder why nobody at Archie or SEGA brings in any of the comics in question to show this disclaimer present in all 32 KtE issues, or why Penders never complained about the disclaimers upon every issue released for the comics that depict any of "his characters or plot". I'm guessing simply doing that would be too straightforward for the American Justice System.
This post has been edited by Metalsonicmk72: 14 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

#525 User is offline Jen 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

• Lapidot Queen
  • Project:Various drawings
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostOverlord, on 14 September 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

<@Overlord> Our Penders
<@Overlord> Who art in Archie
<@Overlord> Hallowed be thy storylines
<@Overlord> Thy echidnas come
<Lobotomy> LOL
<@Overlord> Thy story done
<@Overlord> On Mobius as it is in Earth
<@Overlord> Give us this day our daily soap opera
<@Overlord> And lead us not into action
<Lobotomy> ol stop
<Lobotomy> I'm crying
<@Overlord> But deliver us from plot
<@Overlord> For thine is the copyright
<@Overlord> The characters and the story
<@Overlord> Forever and ever
<@Overlord> Our Ken
* @Overlord runs

Bloody hell Overlord, that made me laugh WAY more than it probably should have done =P

This whole situation with Penders is a complete joke. He has an oversized ego and is a total hypocrite to boot. How can a hundred Recolour the Echidnas constitute "original characters" for Christ's sake? He's banging on about his alleged ownership and copyright of these characters and then has the nerve to steal music and backgrounds for his (frankly atrocious) Lost Ones trailer, as well as naming his studio after SEGA's Floating Island. Classy!

• 132 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users