Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 3 Complete - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 121 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 3 Complete S&K Collection on MD, with fixes, Sonic 3 music and many options.

#1801 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostNeo, on 05 September 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the level loop, because all objects are moved at the same time. It just happens because Tails is able to reach Sonic's horizontal position despite the fact that player 1 is still holding right. There should be plenty of ways to fix it, I just don't know exactly how they did it on the remaster.

There are a few things that might be relevant here:
  • Tails's AI aims a point 32 pixels to the left of Sonic's position as it was a few frames ago (16, if memory serves);
  • Tails has the same position cap as Sonic;
  • Loop code does not change Sonic's position array, just his current position.

So maybe Tails starts to run and catches up to the position it wants to get close to Sonic. Then, a loop point comes along and Tails thinks Sonic is suddenly far to the right; Tails now aims to catch up with Sonic. He will run up to the position cap. His desired position catches up to the post-loop positions, and he realizes he is now ahead of Sonic; so he slows down.

This is a theory; I'd need to look through the code to made sure all of these factors are really relevant. But maybe only the position cap would be enough, and Tails may need to be lower than Sonic's. Or maybe just change Tails' AI so that it does not aim for 32 pixels behind Sonic during the battleship scene.

View PostGammatron, on 05 September 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Tiddles, how would you feel about adding a drop dash to Sonic 3 complete? It's so good you almost want it in all the previous games now.

If Tiddles and Neo want, I can port over the prototype I made for SCH. It is compatible with insta-shield and other shield abilities, although the latter may be a bit redundant with fire shield dash.

#1802 User is offline Neo 

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1

View Postflamewing, on 05 September 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

If Tiddles and Neo want, I can port over the prototype I made for SCH. It is compatible with insta-shield and other shield abilities, although the latter may be a bit redundant with fire shield dash.

Actually, I had already programmed the drop dash on my own prior to Mania's release. But it doesn't matter what I want because I no longer work on S3C.

#1803 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostNeo, on 05 September 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Actually, I had already programmed the drop dash on my own prior to Mania's release. But it doesn't matter what I want because I no longer work on S3C.

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that (both counts).

#1804 User is offline EterTC 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

First I'd like to say that I really enjoyed this hack. It makes the Sonic 3 & Knuckles experience more fulfilling. Lots of added features and fixes, and I also love the many customization options, it allows you to play the game to your liking.

This may not be the right place, but I'd like to say something. It's not actually a bug report, but something odd that I noticed about the music. If I choose the "Classic" themes, and then choose the "Special Theme" for Super Sonic, it will play the Super Sonic theme from Sonic 2 instead of the unused theme from S&K Collection. Wouldn't it make more sense if that was a separate option? Like having "Classic" as an option in Super theme?

Also, would it be possible to add the Sonic 2 Beta sprites to the customizer page? Or the Blue Knuckles palette for Knuckles?

• 121 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google