Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Shenmue 3 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 22 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Shenmue 3 But only if you fund it yourselves says Sega...

#316 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:15 AM

I'd still be genuinely surprised if Shenmue 3 gets released before Playstation 5.

#317 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters
I am so worried I'm going to get the Chai toy capsule with my backed edition and I really don't want it. Any other toy capsule pls.

#318 User is offline 360 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
I pledged for the Slacker Backer campaign so a Steam key will be on the way come August. But yeah I think the hype will become more real once MAGIC happens and we hopefully finally see gameplay and thus the game in action. It is a bit unreal to think a game we waited 20 years for is due in a matter of months. I just hope it reviews well and also sells well to ensure the Shenmue 4 that Suzuki wants to make to conclude the story. It is lovely to see the hype reflected in the gaming sphere like this. I just hope the game turns out good and the fanbase at least ends up with the game they wanted.
This post has been edited by 360: 03 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

#319 User is offline Xilla 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

• No promotion for you, laddy.

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 03 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

I am so worried I'm going to get the Chai toy capsule with my backed edition and I really don't want it. Any other toy capsule pls.

My brother and I both pledged for the toy capsule figure. We're running the risk of Double Chai!

#320 User is offline 360 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
Posted Image

Voice acting update chronicled at the Dojo here. Original source via the Kickstarter here. Recording is 70-80% complete.

There's a note saying the promotional push is huge and imminent and the game's still on track to arrive in August. Awesome update. One of the best they've done. Makes Shenmue 3 feel real.
This post has been edited by 360: 30 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

#321 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters
I forgot to fill out my survey, whoops. Guess I'm fucked.

EDIT: Got a reply from Ys. They said I can still choose my edition and shirt size, but I will not have an ingame credit.
This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 31 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

#322 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:26 PM

• Wiki edits:6
Although I'd seen a lot of this already by following social media, this was still a great update because it's the kind of thing I was hoping to see regularly when the project first began. We are less than 7 months away from release now.

View Post360, on 30 January 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

There's a note saying the promotional push is huge and imminent and the game's still on track to arrive in August. Awesome update. One of the best they've done. Makes Shenmue 3 feel real.

Regarding that, the first bit of news should come next Thursday (2/7). Executive Producer Cedric Biscay promised something big Shenmue 3 related for MAGIC 2019, which is on March 9th. Next Thursday is the main press conference announcing details about this year's event including what and who will be there. Last year's MAGIC press conference got us a couple of new screenshots, so this year's should bring more news considering the game is already confirmed for the event. They'll reveal the schedule, which should give an idea of what the Shenmue 3 panel is about. Nothing big came out of last year's event, other than a few more screenshots and the extended version of the Gamescom 2017 trailer which was shown with warnings not to record it and it leaked anyway.

I don't think anybody has gone as far as to predict this yet, probably to keep expectations in check, but I honestly think it's possible they'll show gameplay on March 9th. The Japanese VO is done, the English VO should be done before the end of February, the backer surveys have closed and they're implementing backer content into the game. There is still a trial version coming for backers who pledged at least $100, which I expect them to also use as the playable demo for trade shows. Maybe they'll show off that build and give some kind of estimate as to when backers will get their copies. Unless they intentionally hold it back from backers, I'd say E3 in June is the latest they'd probably want to have a playable demo done since it's 2 months prior to release. I'm looking forward to that one.

#323 User is offline 360 

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive

Posted Image

Posted Image

The MAGIC Monaco press conference just happened and we have a duo of new screens with the announcement that Yu Suzuki will be at MAGIC on March 9 for a dedicated Shenmue 3 conference where an extensive new trailer will be shown with gameplay footage - and selected people which are presumably the press will also have a behind closed doors gameplay demonstration. Era thread here.

The demonstration sounds like it's for previews and so on from the gaming press. The game's looking great and its future seems bright.
This post has been edited by 360: 07 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

#324 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

• Wiki edits:6
I agree, the new screenshots look great. Glad my prediction about gameplay being shown March 9th turned out to be true.

View Post360, on 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

and selected people which are presumably the press will also have a behind closed doors gameplay demonstration. The demonstration sounds like it's for previews and so on from the gaming press. The game's looking great and its future seems bright.

I haven't looked through the ResetEra thread yet, but based on the way the gameplay thing was described I'm guessing it's going to be slightly more than just press. Last year there were a few non-press fans who traveled from other countries and were given press passes presumably because they're just known in the fan community. I'm not suggesting that as the criteria either, but I think it's just one potential group outside of the press. The other thing is the upcoming contest that Cedric has been teasing, which will have 2 winners. Perhaps they're using that contest to pick some people who get to see gameplay, who knows. (I suspect it wouldn't be just that though...)

On a related note, I started a little side project last weekend that I hope to post later this month. First of all, I uploaded a partially 'fixed' version of the Gamescom 2018 trailer. I suspect that the prophecy trailer was probably captured from an actual debug build of the game on PS4 hardware. Why? Because there are a few areas in the trailer that have noticeable framerate stutters, which could have been avoided if they used a sufficiently powerful PC. Also the still images have better visual detail at times, as if they were taken from a PC with higher settings. The 'fixed' trailer uses motion interpolation to replace the duplicate frames so that it's a solid 30fps. There are some places that are still sightly awkward like the panning of the night sky, but overall it's noticeably better than the official version. In the process of creating the fixed version of the trailer, I had to convert the video to variable frame-rate prior to running it through a video interpolator to push it back up to 30. I realized that the process of converting to variable frame-rate is also a great way to detect duplicate frames, and wrote a tool that can read video files and detect the duplicates. I'm currently in the process of writing additional code that will use the frame data to generate a performance graph like Digital Foundry uses on their tech analysis videos, and my goal is to post a tech analysis of that trailer. I'll post a link here whenever that's done.

Edit: Here's the frame rate analysis for the 2018 trailer - https://www.youtube....h?v=karCkopBbbM
This post has been edited by sonicblur: 10 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

• 22 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users