Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Looking for a particular piece of Sonic Adventure DLC - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Looking for a particular piece of Sonic Adventure DLC (Japanese download from late 1998)

#16 User is offline PkR 

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

• Project:SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
I didn't see any leftovers in those as far as texture and model data is concerned. I'm not aware of a Halloween DLC released specifically for Japan, I only know the one that goes by SONICADV_505.

#17 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

From what I understand, the file of the Japanese Halloween event is identical to the US one, but its VMU filename is SONICADV_500 rather than SONICADV_505. So you may want to look into it.

Beware that the US/JP Halloween DLC file is different from the EU one (which also uses the filename SONICADV_505), though. There's a chance that's the one you have. So just to be sure, I uploaded the US/JP version here.

#18 User is offline PkR 

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

• Project:SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
I've compared the files, and they are identical. The decrypted Halloween VMS file also contains strings in English, Japanese and other languages, so I'm going to say the actual content is the same. Although the VMI file has a string "SONICADV_500" there's a "SA1_505" string right next to it.

#19 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

Like I said, the file is identical for US and Japan. So, you had already looked into it for remnants?

As for SA1_505, that's just the name of the corresponding .vms file so that the Dreamcast knows what file to fetch from the server. SONICADV_500 is the name it's supposed to get assigned in the VMU. And I could be wrong, but I don't even think "SA1_xxx" is the official naming scheme of these files. Many of the .vmi and .vms files that are floating on the web aren't using the original filenames from the official servers.
This post has been edited by Blue Spikeball: 09 October 2017 - 04:37 AM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users