Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources

#121 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostRikohZX, on 07 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FESlXkKQx9g

Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
I've noticed that while the Avatar inherits Modern Sonic's physics for obvious reasons in Tag Team stages, Bird Avatars inherit his Double Jump changes in solo play. I think the Wire Attack might be faster too, since I played a Red SOS mission that forced me to use a barebones Burst-wielding Bird, but not sure. Wonder how much crosses over between the two?

considering i know that homing attack settings don't change some aspects of the wire attack, and i found the wire attack values (because it affects all uses including the swinging objects) yea, they're different. here's all the stuff i found that can be accessed in-game, each one of these entries corresponds to a RFL file, for example, gadget.rfl & gadget_topview.rfl are Wispon settings in 3D and 2D respectively. what i managed to do was find them all in memory so they can be changed and we can figure out what they are so changes can be made to the core files for permanent changes.

while I don't know I have a feeling whatever Buddy custom stuff they needed is here in buddy.rfl including wire attacks.

here is the scratch cheat table I made if you want to mess with these settings without editing the files. http://codenamegamma...cesRFL-full.zip

i did figure out the structure and managed to name about 75% of the wispon settings and that will be coming out in a new cheat table later sometime after this is posted. but that should help if you want to put names to what numbers are in those RFL files.

#122 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 08 January 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostRikohZX, on 07 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FESlXkKQx9g

Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
I've noticed that while the Avatar inherits Modern Sonic's physics for obvious reasons in Tag Team stages, Bird Avatars inherit his Double Jump changes in solo play. I think the Wire Attack might be faster too, since I played a Red SOS mission that forced me to use a barebones Burst-wielding Bird, but not sure. Wonder how much crosses over between the two?

considering i know that homing attack settings don't change some aspects of the wire attack, and i found the wire attack values (because it affects all uses including the swinging objects) yea, they're different. here's all the stuff i found that can be accessed in-game, each one of these entries corresponds to a RFL file, for example, gadget.rfl & gadget_topview.rfl are Wispon settings in 3D and 2D respectively. what i managed to do was find them all in memory so they can be changed and we can figure out what they are so changes can be made to the core files for permanent changes.

while I don't know I have a feeling whatever Buddy custom stuff they needed is here in buddy.rfl including wire attacks.

here is the scratch cheat table I made if you want to mess with these settings without editing the files. http://codenamegamma...cesRFL-full.zip

i did figure out the structure and managed to name about 75% of the wispon settings and that will be coming out in a new cheat table later sometime after this is posted. but that should help if you want to put names to what numbers are in those RFL files.

Awesooome! Thanks Gamma! :D

#123 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

and r1.6 is out now. Wispon mods, it has the full memory structure so if you use each wispon you'll see that all the locations line up so they all should be in that gadget.rfl and you should be able to find what one is what exactly even if they don't match up by looking at what numbers are around the number you want to change and find your place.

This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

#124 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Probably going to be the last update to my Modern Sonic Physics Tweaks mod, save for balancing and updating it with the latest version of PT's Fixed Classic Sonic mod if he's alright with that, but I think I was able to make Sonic's acceleration a lot more gradual - i.e. no more weird speed "burst"/"shift" when he starts running at full speed. Ironically after a long search the value that let me do this was one of the values another community member had found early on - I just needed to make it smaller, not bigger!

If any of y'all end up giving it a try let me know what you think!
This post has been edited by CornflakeRush: 17 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

#125 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
Keep doing what you can to fix these physics CFR, you're doing great work!

#126 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

Thanks Lanzer! Big credits to PTKickass too for letting me integrate his mod into mine. :P

#127 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

AAAH Sonic's boost can be permanently modified too! The values were just stored in a .rfl file inside Sonic.pac, not player_common.pac - thanks to CodenameGamma and their insanely useful Cheat Table I was able to track down the values for Sonic's boost turning speed MUCH more easily!

Unfortunately because the Boost physics .rfl file is stored in Sonic.pac alongside all of Sonic's models, textures and animations (no idea why this couldn't have been included in player_common.pac too) and everything needs to be included in the same .pac for the game to read it this mod won't be compatible with any mods that replace Sonic's model "out of the box" - either the Sonic Replacer Model is loaded first and gets overwritten by this one with the default Sonic model or this mod loads first and gets its physics replaced by whatever's in the Sonic Replacer mod.

As a workaround I intend to publish the mod with the raw .rfl file and these instructions so those who want to can manually patch their Sonic replacer mod of choice:

• Download the "Raw Boost Physics File" from the mod's downloads section and grab Skyth's SFPac program from here. (https://drive.google...2Bj516nJoT/view)
  • Find your chosen Sonic Replacement mod in your HMM mods folder.
  • Go into its "disk/wars_patch/character/" directory and find Sonic.pac.
  • Drag and drop Sonic.pac onto SFPac.exe - a folder titled "Sonic" should appear at the top if everything's worked.
  • Open the "Sonic" folder and replace "sonic_modern.rfl" file with the one from the "Raw Boost Physics File" zip.
  • Drag and drop the "Sonic" folder onto SFPac to re-pack the mod's Sonic.pac file.

Edit: Mod available for download here!
This post has been edited by CornflakeRush: 18 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

#128 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

probably because sonic is the only one that has boost. chances are you'll find the Wire Attack settings in the Buddy.Pac.

#129 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
I wonder if it would be possible to add a feature for the mod manager to dynamically inject files into .pac archives.

#130 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
Has there been any discoveries that indicate drifting may have been planned to be included earlier in development?

#131 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 18 January 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

probably because sonic is the only one that has boost. chances are you'll find the Wire Attack settings in the Buddy.Pac.

Aah, good point! If I remember correctly from a test I conducted a little while back the permanent Wispon settings can be found in "gadget.rfl" in Buddy.pac so I think you're on to something there!

View PostMainMemory, on 18 January 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

I wonder if it would be possible to add a feature for the mod manager to dynamically inject files into .pac archives.

That would be amazing but I'll bet anything it's probably much easier said than done! :P

#132 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

Alright, so, I made a tool to convert Sonic Forces .skl.hkx and .anm.hkx files to Sonic Generations compatible ones. You can directly use the converted files in Sonic Generations or use them with modelfbx to rip them.

Get it here.

What about .phy.hkx files? Well... maybe soon enough...

#133 User is offline ccateni 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostSkyth, on 15 December 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

Here's a skinned model converter Zoney and I made.
Works only for Sonic Forces, also maybe Sonic Lost World.
Drag and drop a FBX/DAE file to get your model/material files.

Sonic Team included metadata at the start of model files, which tells the game to do certain things. I'm going to call them properties. You can add them by adding tags to meshes. Applying to any mesh will apply to the whole model.

Example: [email protected](ShadowCa, true)@PRP(ShadowRe, true)
ShadowCa makes model cast shadows and ShadowRe makes model receive shadows.
In some cases though, they hardcode properties to models so they always apply even if it doesn't exist in model file, such as Sonic's player model.

They also used a different way of swapping mouths. Instead of swapping mouths by bone, they swapped them by mesh, using their names. This is also supported by the program.
You need to have left and right mouth as seperate meshes and assign names to them.
In this case, left mouth should be named Mesh_Mouth_L and right mouth should be named Mesh_Mouth_R.
Example: [email protected](Mesh_Mouth_R)

I think it would be better if we added support for skinned models in a Qt program, like Hedgehog Converter or a seperate one, but I currently don't have the time/opportunity to do that, so, anyone...?

Well, when I download it and try to open it (even when i place a model into the application as said), it crashes. What do I do now?

#134 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

View Postccateni, on 21 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Well, when I download it and try to open it (even when i place a model into the application as said), it crashes. What do I do now?

You're trying to drag and drop a FBX or DAE file, right?

I didn't make it to show anything when the program is simply run without a model file presented (since I did this in a rush), so the program tries to convert a model file that doesn't exist and then crashes.

If FBX or DAE crashes, the path you're working with might be too long. Try working on a path like "C:\ModelConverter" or something.

Try also exporting in binary format if you're exporting FBX.

#135 User is offline Chris Highwind 

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

• Don't mess with Luigi
  • Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13

Low-End Mod finally dropped. However, it's a meaty mod, to the point where the download is an installer that generates 25 GB worth of mod, which takes at least 3 hours.

• 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Trial Member: Landy