Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: Geoffrey cucked Sonic t. Penders, 2019 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 136 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: Geoffrey cucked Sonic t. Penders, 2019 Also Echyd'nyas have no sexual labels, this is important info

#2026 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostSystemsReady, on 15 May 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

If I'm being honest I noticed that artwork first before I even noticed the words. nothing says drama like making super deformed horrifying cry faces.

That's just Jon Gray's style, very wacky and cartoony. He just had the misfortune of drawing out said schlock.

#2027 User is offline Mecha Sally 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

View PostDark Sonic, on 15 May 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostSystemsReady, on 15 May 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

If I'm being honest I noticed that artwork first before I even noticed the words. nothing says drama like making super deformed horrifying cry faces.

That's just Jon Gray's style, very wacky and cartoony. He just had the misfortune of drawing out said schlock.

I think this was his debut in the Archie series, too. I remember being on another Sonic forum at the time when scans from this issue popped up, and literally everyone was kissing his ass talking about how amazing his art was (did I mention he was a mod on this forum?). I didn't say anything at the time, because I was afraid of being crucified for not liking it.

Being older and a bit wiser now, I've come to appreciate his style more, but he was the wrong choice for this story. What were they thinking?

#2028 User is offline Powpuck 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

I just noticed the Drano cookies. Um.

#2029 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:28 PM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostPowpuck, on 15 May 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I just noticed the Drano cookies. Um.

lmao

Drano Cookies were one of the legacy memes on The GHZ, where Jonathan Gray was a staffer. It predated me joining in 2004 so I don't get it either, but still incredible that he got it canonized like this. I really wanted to collect all of (site owner) Green Gibbon!'s letters to the editor while I was reading through the comics two years ago so I could dump them on the forum and put his child self on blast- he wrote in multiple times- but I mostly lost interest interest when it became totally clear that he was never going to come out of his mystery retirement for anything, not even Mania.

That place was so much cooler than Retro. I miss those people.

#2030 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

• Not actually a nazi, possibly the messiah, definitely a dinosaur
  • Project:SNOIC GENERATONS PLUS
Oh shit, I forgot about the whole drank cookies thing! TGHZ ruled. It was much more chill than any of the other major sites, and it introduced me to the artists of Mecha Fetus which I became a big fan of. It and Cult were my go-to Sonic message boards back when I was a teenager. I checked my post history though (I went by Plorpus III) and it seems like most of it was just me being a giant douchebag... Stuff like a post telling someone being an obnoxious weeaboo to “die in a fire desu.” Ah well.

Anyway that Jon Gray art on the previous page is indeed pretty dire, style or no. He's a cool dude and all but Jesus Christ those mouths.
This post has been edited by Hitlersaurus Christ: 16 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

• 136 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users