Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Approved Music - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Approved Music Currently approved remasters & WIP

#16 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

• S2HD Project Manager
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
  • Wiki edits:1
Thanks for the notice, got it fixed. FYI, you're up to v3 on CPZ now; I have two prior versions on my drive from you.

#17 User is offline Shanesan 

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

So with Sanik not hosting anymore, do we have these files elsewhere?

#18 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

I seem to be having problems connecting to sanik.hacking-cult.org at the moment - I keep getting a connection timeout.

I'm surprised there isn't more of Tweaker's music in the appproved list. That man does epic music (IMO)!

#19 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

• S2HD Project Manager
Without listening to the exact pieces you're referring to, all I can tell you is that the ones not on the list did not have the qualities we were looking for in music for the game. Once it meets the basic criteria outlined for them, it must also be highly gameplay worthy; not everything that listens well makes for a good gameplay track. My personal metric for that has been to fire up a video of a given zone being played, mute the sound, and play the relevant submitted piece over the top. If it's jarring/distracting from the gameplay, it doesn't make the approval list.

#20 User is offline Gambit 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

• Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
  • Wiki edits:6
Yeah, dudes, I just checked on the database and it seems to load now. It wasn't last night, so it must've been some downtime.

About Tweaker's stuff, he hasn't actually submitted anything serious to this in quite some time, so his stuff probably just got outshined by something else. That and the only songs I recall him submitting were for Emerald Hill. I'm sure he'll probably pop in here and correct me if I'm wrong, though.

#21 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

The last serious submissions I made are two years old and severely lack polish. Plus every time I contribute some douchebag tends to make me completely uninterested in it a short time afterward. All the songs I wanted to make mixes of are already taken anyway, so I'm not terribly offended or anything.

#22 User is offline amphobius 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

• where are the japanese shaman girls, lintahlo?
  • Project:Sonic Thrash, Sonic Boom, Super Famidev
  • Wiki edits:165
I honestly don't know what I'd do if you don't use Blast Processing's Death Egg Zone (yes I still remember it and it still remains superior today). I mean, that was amazing and everyone was complaining about it not being faithful... Oh, the times I had, mmm~, delish.

But yeah, is there any plans on getting a finalized list of what currently approved music is going in any time soon? I know that there's still submissions going in, but entries will have to be closed sooner or later.

#23 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

• Project:Saerching for Google alternatives
QUOTE (Tweaker @ Oct 12 2010, 11:56 PM)
The last serious submissions I made are two years old and severely lack polish. Plus every time I contribute some douchebag tends to make me completely uninterested in it a short time afterward. All the songs I wanted to make mixes of are already taken anyway, so I'm not terribly offended or anything.

I'm surprised you say that. I for one think you make good choices with your instrument/sound design and you have an incredibly rich collection of music that has been done to a high standard that alot of people do fully enjoy, including myself.

Also.

Most of the music isn't closed off from new submissions. The only one that was said to be closed was HTZ.

#24 User is offline Gambit 

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

• Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
QUOTE (DalekSam @ Oct 12 2010, 06:04 PM)
I honestly don't know what I'd do if you don't use Blast Processing's Death Egg Zone (yes I still remember it and it still remains superior today). I mean, that was amazing and everyone was complaining about it not being faithful... Oh, the times I had, mmm~, delish.

But yeah, is there any plans on getting a finalized list of what currently approved music is going in any time soon? I know that there's still submissions going in, but entries will have to be closed sooner or later.

I personally really like his ambient version of Death Egg. That and there will probably be a couple different versions of songs, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

#25 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

• S2HD Project Manager
As far as I'm concerned, Blast Processing's ambient remaster is one of the better ones we've had submitted, thus its presence in the approval list.
This post has been edited by Canned Karma: 13 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users