Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 259 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) Developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon and PagodaWest

#3871 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

• Wiki edits:6
He was always slightly pink in S3K even in his playable sprites. But this time around he is definitely pink and not red. His shoes are red though... It just doesn't look right. But I also happen to like Sonic's shade of blue here. So hey ho.
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: Yesterday, 11:29 AM

#3872 User is offline Drex 

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

• Lazy perfectionist
In my experience, I've found it very difficult to shade red beyond absolute red. Your only real choices are to fade to orange/yellow or pink.

View PostICEknight, on Yesterday, 10:56 AM, said:

I like the pinkish colors but it's certainly odd that they didn't apply them to Knuckles' artwork just like they did with Sonic's.

Posted Image
They're all pretty dark
This post has been edited by Drex: Yesterday, 11:36 AM

#3873 User is offline Xilla 

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

• No promotion for you, laddy.

View PostTurbohog, on 26 March 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostThe Taxman, on 20 March 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

The info in the vid is incorrect, none of the press builds have the special stage.

I guess I'm really late to reply, but thanks for the clarification Taxman! I thought they might have been mistaken.

As others have said, my bet is that the old special stages will act as bonus stages of some sort. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one type of special stage - maybe dependent on what level you're in. I hope this isn't the case though, because I think it could be rather confusing for more casual players.

The final demo version of Retro Sonic had the Sonic 1 Special Stage as the starpost Bonus Stage and it worked well in that context. Would be pretty cool if we got all of them in that way :)
This post has been edited by Xilla: Yesterday, 03:41 PM

#3874 User is offline LukyHRE 

Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM

• The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar
  • Project:Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostXilla, on Yesterday, 03:41 PM, said:

View PostTurbohog, on 26 March 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostThe Taxman, on 20 March 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

The info in the vid is incorrect, none of the press builds have the special stage.

I guess I'm really late to reply, but thanks for the clarification Taxman! I thought they might have been mistaken.

As others have said, my bet is that the old special stages will act as bonus stages of some sort. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one type of special stage - maybe dependent on what level you're in. I hope this isn't the case though, because I think it could be rather confusing for more casual players.

The final demo version of Retro Sonic had the Sonic 1 Special Stage as the starpost Bonus Stage and it worked well in that context. Would be pretty cool if we got all of them in that way :)/>

Also, don't forget they actually added a feature to Sonic's 2 special stage:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XKkmtm6LONc

Corkscrews! I would love to see more of that. Or with items along the way.

• 259 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 1 anonymous users

1. Google