Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Attention: Those Who Want to Mirror - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Attention: Those Who Want to Mirror

#16 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

  • Posts: 2242
  • Joined: 09-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Project:N/A
  • Wiki edits:30
I have 1TB bandwidth and 2TB space, so I will be hosting about 3 days after release.

#17 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

  • For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Posts: 1227
  • Joined: 19-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:HoleNet!
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
Well the server I have in mind has 3TB bandwith, and 25GB of available disk space. If my router didn't suck total bollocks I would set up a small webserver and mirror the files from my home.

#18 User is offline Quexinos 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

  • Since 1997
  • Posts: 1672
  • Joined: 24-April 03
  • Gender:Female
  • Wiki edits:11
Bluehost:

it'll be like http://www.saveonepiece.com/whatever

Disk Space Usage: 55.14/307200.00 MB
Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 735.90/3072000.00 MB
I'll host all the Sonic and Chaotix betas in a zip file if that's okay.

EDIT:
I don't know the physical location of it though =/

Oerg866, they said no free hosts, isn't that a free one? I know they say you get a lot, but trust me, there's always limitations. Not saying it won't work with all the other mirrors but, it probably won't last long =/
This post has been edited by Quexinos: 21 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

#19 User is offline Franz 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:57 PM

  • ALL OF THE LIGHTS
  • Posts: 113
  • Joined: 04-December 06
  • Location:Michigan
  • Wiki edits:3
I can also mirror then if needed, 5800 GB bandwidth available this month on my dreamhost plan. (lol dreamhost)

The physical location is California from what I remember. edit: yup, Los Angeles
This post has been edited by Franz: 21 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

#20 User is offline SegaLoco 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

  • W)(at did you say?
  • Posts: 999
  • Joined: 16-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Wiki edits:79
I can mirror too, my parents got hosting and there is so much space that there is nothing better to use it for. I should have them up late monday early tuesday. Also, are pending members still able to reply in proto discussion, because this is my last trial post O-o

#21 User is offline Bibin 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

  • DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.
  • Posts: 882
  • Joined: 05-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Project:Ghost in the Machine
How large will the archive(s) be in total?

#22 User is offline Mad Echidna 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:07 AM

  • Gone
  • Posts: 5218
  • Joined: 13-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:4
Has anyone thought about selling DVD copies of the complete archive Megadrive/32x/SEGACD archive? It would be illegal, or at least unethical to make a profit, but I don't see why they couldn't be sold for the exact price of media and shipping. I know I'd like an "official" copy of it, perhaps with some nice cover art ;)

#23 User is offline nineko 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:30 AM

  • I am the Holy Cat
  • Posts: 5524
  • Joined: 17-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:italy
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251

View PostQuexinos, on Feb 21 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

Bluehost:
(...)
I don't know the physical location of it though =/
IP address: 69.89.31.152
Reverse DNS: box352.bluehost.com.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified]
ASN: 0
ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0
IP range connectivity: 0
Registrar (per ASN): Unknown
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]
Country IP Range: 69.89.0.0 to 69.89.255.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Orem, Utah
Country (per outside source): US [United States]
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.arin.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 69.89.31.152

#24 User is offline LocalH 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

  • roxoring your soxors
  • Posts: 3211
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:wouldn't you like to know
  • Project:Guitar Hero II: Rhythm Games Community Edition aka Pizza Hero II: Electric Pizza
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostMad Echidna, on Feb 22 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

Has anyone thought about selling DVD copies of the complete archive Megadrive/32x/SEGACD archive? It would be illegal, or at least unethical to make a profit, but I don't see why they couldn't be sold for the exact price of media and shipping. I know I'd like an "official" copy of it, perhaps with some nice cover art ;)

If you're talking about the original discs that drx has, there's information that would be traceable to the person who he got it from, so you'll never see that. I've even been trying like hell to get him to give me and me only a copy (because I'm fucking awesome), and he won't budge. If any such discs are released, they'll definitely be modified to remove such information.

#25 User is offline Quexinos 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

  • Since 1997
  • Posts: 1672
  • Joined: 24-April 03
  • Gender:Female
  • Wiki edits:11

View Postnineko, on Feb 22 2008, 01:30 AM, said:

View PostQuexinos, on Feb 21 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

Bluehost:
(...)
I don't know the physical location of it though =/
IP address: 69.89.31.152
Reverse DNS: box352.bluehost.com.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified]
ASN: 0
ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0
IP range connectivity: 0
Registrar (per ASN): Unknown
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]
Country IP Range: 69.89.0.0 to 69.89.255.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Orem, Utah
Country (per outside source): US [United States]
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.arin.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 69.89.31.152

...

well all right then, thank you very much ^_^

#26 User is offline Oerg866 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:34 AM

  • Posts: 1758
  • Joined: 07-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostBibin, on Feb 21 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

How large will the archive(s) be in total?


From what I've heard in IRC yesterday it's something like ~1000 Megs

#27 User is offline Sik 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:14 AM

  • Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Posts: 6719
  • Joined: 17-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostLocalH, on Feb 22 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

View PostMad Echidna, on Feb 22 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

Has anyone thought about selling DVD copies of the complete archive Megadrive/32x/SEGACD archive? It would be illegal, or at least unethical to make a profit, but I don't see why they couldn't be sold for the exact price of media and shipping. I know I'd like an "official" copy of it, perhaps with some nice cover art ;)

If you're talking about the original discs that drx has, there's information that would be traceable to the person who he got it from, so you'll never see that. I've even been trying like hell to get him to give me and me only a copy (because I'm fucking awesome), and he won't budge. If any such discs are released, they'll definitely be modified to remove such information.

I think he means a new DVD with all the stuff ready to run. DRX's disc contains the encoded stuff, and to use it you would need to do all the cracking he's doing right now :P

#28 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

  • Posts: 2242
  • Joined: 09-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Project:N/A
  • Wiki edits:30
Probably because there is auctual mail on that disc with logs of chat and everything and you wouldn't like it if your conversations were released onto the internet.
DRX said that on IRC a couple of days ago.

#29 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

  • Rise and shine, ya sleepy layabouts.
  • Posts: 3697
  • Joined: 06-February 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:SD/LA/SF
  • Project:Staying woke
  • Wiki edits:36,091
More to the point, I think Sega tolerates what we do because we're not making money off their code. Selling it, however, would be another story.

#30 User is offline man traic 

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:28 PM

  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 18-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK
Just updated it

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users