Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Adventure DX (Preview) Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 22 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Adventure DX (Preview) Discussion

#316 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
A closer inspection of the code for some of the objects tells me a few things. First off, they share their main routine, so they all have more or less the same behavior (one of the variables in the objects' data is set to a value indicating a subtype of object). Secondly, they're more complex than an object that just displays a model or a simple solid object. I think they're meant to be targets. Either at one point you were meant to go through the Egg Carrier or they were sitting on top of it.

#317 User is offline Crasher 

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

• Why hello there!
Stupid speculation, but maybe they were going to be obstacles that you would either have to avoid or shoot, so they don't damage the Tornado.

So, the Egg Carrier opens up a cargo bay, and then you have to dodge items like sofas etc.
This post has been edited by Crasher: 20 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

#318 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
I thought so too, but there's nothing in their code for motion. It looks like they're meant to be stationary targets.

#319 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
if they were meant to move, it might be possible that they decided against it after they already finished the models and figured it would be too much hassle to add the spots they would come from.

Or Gamma was suppose to be able to shot them in some un-made map.

#320 User is offline evilhamwizard 

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

• Wiki edits:109
No idea where else I could post this, but it's nice info for those interested.

As you might be aware, the GC SADX port can sometimes run at an inconsistent framerate even though it usually runs at 60 frames all the time. There are rare moments where the game can go down to 30 for brief moments at odd places (such as running up the first ramp in Emerald Coast). This isn't exclusive to this prototype. Dolphin even emulates these slowdowns as well.

However if you'd like to run the game in Dolphin without the frame rate issues that occur even when running on actual hardware, try using the Ishiiruka Dolphin versions. You can overclock the GC CPU to over double the stock clockrate which can help give you a better experience. You can also prevent some hitching by using the Async Shader option. These features aren't available under the normal development versions of Dolphin as of right now, but I highly recommend trying it out. In this case, I eliminated pretty much all slow down in this version by changing the clock rate from 100% (default) to 200%.

Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. The region for this prototype is PAL, but you can easily change it to NTSC by using a hex editor to change 0x3 from 53 to 4A. This way you can play the prototype in 60fps rather than 50.
This post has been edited by evilhamwizard: 06 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

#321 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

• Project:Posting a lot (I have a lot of time at work)
  • Wiki edits:10

View Postevilhamwizard, on 06 January 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

No idea where else I could post this, but it's nice info for those interested.

As you might be aware, the GC SADX port can sometimes run at an inconsistent framerate even though it usually runs at 60 frames all the time. There are rare moments where the game can go down to 30 for brief moments at odd places (such as running up the first ramp in Emerald Coast). This isn't exclusive to this prototype. Dolphin even emulates these slowdowns as well.

However if you'd like to run the game in Dolphin without the frame rate issues that occur even when running on actual hardware, try using the Ishiiruka Dolphin versions. You can overclock the GC CPU to over double the stock clockrate which can help give you a better experience. You can also prevent some hitching by using the Async Shader option. These features aren't available under the normal development versions of Dolphin as of right now, but I highly recommend trying it out. In this case, I eliminated pretty much all slow down in this version by changing the clock rate from 100% (default) to 200%.

Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. The region for this prototype is PAL, but you can easily change it to NTSC by using a hex editor to change 0x3 from 53 to 4A. This way you can play the prototype in 60fps rather than 50.

Much obliged for that link. I can actually run games well with this. Before I was always like at 98% which is fine but just slightly irritating.

• 22 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users