Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Quick Winter Adventures - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Quick Winter Adventures

#31 User is offline U.Flame 

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

I loved the final boss but I felt the choice of music and the homing attack was kind of poor. But that's just my opinion.

#32 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

• Project:Sonic Winter Adventures
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (U.Flame @ Nov 1 2010, 01:32 AM)
I loved the final boss but I felt the choice of music and the homing attack was kind of poor. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, music in my hack is not really impressive, that's because I still don't have enough time and experience to do good music ports (as seen on the latest video, there are only two of them currently). I'll probably do some more ports before the next release, unfortunately, I'm going to put all my efforts in bosses and menu system, but not in music =(
As for homing, it's really buggy a bit (I did it long time ago, when my knowledge of ASM and Sonic engine was worse, that's why the code isn't completely optimized and has some bugs). I'll probably redo it soon.

#33 User is offline Limey Otoko 

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

I REALLY enjoyed this! The final boss of Act 3 was a surprise and quite difficult to beat ! How long did the boss take you to code? (and how did you do the snow? I'm curious. because it seemed like a really nice feature for a level but I've never seen it done before)

#34 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Limey Otoko @ Nov 2 2010, 12:37 AM)
I REALLY enjoyed this! The final boss of Act 3 was a surprise and quite difficult to beat ! How long did the boss take you to code? (and how did you do the snow? I'm curious. because it seemed like a really nice feature for a level but I've never seen it done before)

The boss development took about 2,5 days, it was the second (as far as I can remember) object I've coded, so it's code is big and stupid, and I couldn't do some extra abilities I had planned. The newer version of boss, seen on the video, was completely remade. I learned much about objects and Sonic engine by that moment, so coding took about 2 days. I also could do anything I wanted, and even more =)

As for the snow, it was made through the objects as well. Each snowflake is a single object. But I've redone the snow recently, so two snowflakes now use one object. It can't be seen on the video due to frame rate, but snowflakes are blinking every frame, when one part of them is hidden, the other one got shown.

#35 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

Sorry for the double post, but there is an update.

C/P form SSRG:

I've had some progress on my hack, Sonic Quick Winter Adventures 2, and due to I'm often asked about how SQWA2's going, I've recorded a small video featuring MZ 1 and GHZ 2 game play.

I haven't changed much since the previous video, levels are still almost original.
Hack now features some new songs done by Jet for me, because my ports were really awful.

In the end of GHZ 2 you'll see a new Eggman boss. I found original GHZ Boss boring and easy to beat, so I programmed more complicated and smart boss, having several kinds of attacks. Hope you like it ^^

Well, enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRMKGsES2U

#36 User is offline Animemaster 

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

• Prison bitch!
  • Project:Sonic 1 Revelation
  • Wiki edits:35
Brilliant, really liked that boss. Can't wait for the next release.

#37 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

I finally decided to do more graphic changes, since my hack lacked for them. The results are new title cards, signposts, level results card and redesigned pause menu (better than you could see in last videos). I was having a hard time when drawing these, hope you like them ^_^

Also, as you noticed, the hack has finally got an English translation. Both Russian and English languages will be present in a single ROM.

Pause Menu is now very smoothy animated. As for the title cards, they're animated too. It was my dream for a long time to create a title cards like these.
If you want to see their animations, here is a short vid: http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/SQWA2-VideoBonus.7z
(to play the video, you should have the Kega Video Codec)

#38 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

• yes
  • Project:Yeth (hack)
  • Wiki edits:20
Very nice. Any chance of level art edits? Or a release? I quite like this hack.

#39 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Banoon @ Apr 16 2011, 12:50 PM)
Very nice. Any chance of level art edits? Or a release? I quite like this hack.

Yes, I plan to do some level art edits, because palletes edits are overused and boring now. Art changes won't be large though, because drawing is not my cup of tea.
As for release, unfortunately, it won't come soon. Too many things still need to be done. My current goals are to finish the menu system, MZ bosses and other features, which will be shown later.
But I promise that you'll see millions of new things in the next release. =)

#40 User is offline GHNeko 

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

• An Old School Lurker
Act 3 boss was hilarious. Fairly easy, but then again, I play sonic like I play competitive smash bros. ahahaha.

I'd also like to say to OP that I found that secret area with 034u9580934853 monitors which allowed me to clear the whole act in under 90 seconds, boss included.

Jump dash is really easily to exploit/abuse/manipluate in this game, but it was fun though. :V

#41 User is offline Iceguy 

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:30 AM

• グー!
  • Project:Internal system recovery
  • Wiki edits:16
I like what I see, it looks heaps promising. ouo
The title cards look pretty awesome, though I think the signpost is kinda... empty and dull. But perhaps that's only me.

Anyhoo, good luck with your hack and stuff, I'm looking forward for the next release. owob

#42 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Iceguy @ Apr 24 2011, 11:30 AM)
The title cards look pretty awesome, though I think the signpost is kinda... empty and dull. But perhaps that's only me.

I think signpost would be cooler and less empty if I had Sonic's face on it. But it looks like this for a reason, which I can't tell now, I don't want to tell to much before the release. Also, this signpost will appear in Acts 1 only, because other Acts will have bosses in the end of them.

#43 User is offline Iceguy 

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

• グー!
  • Project:Internal system recovery
  • Wiki edits:16
Even acts 2?

Sweet. c:

#44 User is offline vladikcomper 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

It's getting colder over there. Sonic Quick Winter Adventures 2 feels better and better.

Bonus: Level's BGM

#45 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Well doesn't that kick a little ass. Nicely done once again sir.

• 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users