Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Is a sega genesis/mega drive worth purchasing? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Is a sega genesis/mega drive worth purchasing?

#16 User is offline Flygon 

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

• Dem Melons
  • Project:SMSRPG
  • Wiki edits:10
There's always something like the Fei Hao clones if you want HDMI right out of the box, and compatibility with the Mega Drive and most of the Master System library, but obviously the build quality won't be as good as the real deal. It is a proper GOAC-format Mega Drive however.

Different sellers seem to have different controllers (and associated build quality), but nobody's made a good compendium of who sells what sort.

#17 User is offline Tadashi 

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

• 3fast5u
I've still got my Mega Drive 2 stashed away, with a dozen or so genuine Japanese carts in mint condition, all Sonic ones + Ecco + some minor stuff, some with manuals. Also about two dozen of Chinese pirate carts from the 90's, including the infamous Sonic Jam 6.

Wonder if this shit will ever be worth anything to bother setting up a shop. All the ROMs are available online and can be perfectly emulated on... pretty much anything, so the real thing is mostly for collectors, I guess.

I mean, nowadays most TVs are running some version of Android, you can just sideload an emulator, put some ROMs on a USB drive, hook up a Bluetooth controller and there you go, you've got the whole Megadrive experience without buying any extra hardware.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users