Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Special Stage Development - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 35 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Special Stage Development Discussion, concepts and coding foundations

#511 User is offline E-108 Iota 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (McGuirk @ Feb 13 2011, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (E-108 Iota @ Feb 13 2011, 05:27 AM)
Maybe, we can HAVE the stars at the checkpost, only that when Sonic jumps on it, you'll get something similar to this:

Then you'll just go back to where you were before. Would be a nice nod to the classic games, me thinks.

Sorry for being flagrantly off-topic, but you took that screenshot at the perfect moment. Tails has a serious rapist-smile going on mid blink there.

Thanks to you, I'm starting to get some sick, sexual thrill out of that picture now.
THANKS A LOT! specialed.png

Back on topic:

This might be a question you might not be able to answer at this point, but how many FPS are you guys planning to input for the Special Stages?

30? 60? 999?

#512 User is offline Andeed 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

• Holy pug in a pizza box...
  • Project:Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
  • Wiki edits:9
QUOTE (E-108 Iota @ Feb 13 2011, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (McGuirk @ Feb 13 2011, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (E-108 Iota @ Feb 13 2011, 05:27 AM)
Maybe, we can HAVE the stars at the checkpost, only that when Sonic jumps on it, you'll get something similar to this:

Then you'll just go back to where you were before. Would be a nice nod to the classic games, me thinks.

Sorry for being flagrantly off-topic, but you took that screenshot at the perfect moment. Tails has a serious rapist-smile going on mid blink there.

Thanks to you, I'm starting to get some sick, sexual thrill out of that picture now.
THANKS A LOT! specialed.png

Back on topic:

This might be a question you might not be able to answer at this point, but how many FPS are you guys planning to input for the Special Stages?

30? 60? 999?

The framerate will be dependent on the user's hardware and how quickly it can render it, since it's fully 3D. If you have a graphics card less than 5 years old then you should have no trouble with running it at a decent framerate.

#513 User is offline Synergy 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

The framerate will be dependent on the user's hardware and how quickly it can render it, since it's fully 3D. If you have a graphics card less than 5 years old then you should have no trouble with running it at a decent framerate.

Well, I'm not sure we can be specific until the style of the stages has been finalised. I'd quite like to be able to provide multiple settings or styles for an array of hardware, but what final settings or style the S2HD team want to expose to the end user will be up to them I suspect.
This post has been edited by Synergy: 13 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

#514 User is offline Lapper 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Maker
  • Wiki edits:111
QUOTE (Synergy @ Feb 13 2011, 07:47 PM)

Well, I'm not sure we can be specific until the style of the stages has been finalised. I'd quite like to be able to provide multiple settings or styles for an array of hardware, but what final settings the S2HD team want to expose to the end user will be up to them I suspect.

Will it be anti-aliased (I'm talking edges of polygons here)?

#515 User is offline Synergy 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

The option will be there, sure.

#516 User is offline E-108 Iota 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

How about, when the game is finished, you put in a seperate special stage technical demo along with the .EXE file? If you do that, it would show you exactly how the special stages will be like in your computer without having to find literally every checkpoint in the entire game.

#517 User is offline SonikkuForever 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

• Be cool, be wild, and be groovy!
  • Project:Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
  • Wiki edits:56
Everyone and his dog has probably noticed this by now, but in the special stages, Tails has flesh-colored arms. Will this error be fixed in S2HD?

#518 User is offline Gambit 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

• Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
  • Wiki edits:6
QUOTE (E-108 Iota @ Feb 13 2011, 02:08 PM)
How about, when the game is finished, you put in a seperate special stage technical demo along with the .EXE file? If you do that, it would show you exactly how the special stages will be like in your computer without having to find literally every checkpoint in the entire game.

You wouldn't have to find every check point in the game to see every special stage. You'd just have to find every check point in Emerald Hill. Pretty sure you have to get the emeralds in a linear order so you'd have to beat them all as you go, but yeah.
This post has been edited by Gambit: 13 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

#519 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

• Wiki edits:980
QUOTE (SonikkuForever @ Feb 13 2011, 04:08 PM)
Everyone and his dog has probably noticed this by now, but in the special stages, Tails has flesh-colored arms. Will this error be fixed in S2HD?

Wait, you serious? *goes to check* Holy shit. I never noticed that. Shows how much I've actually played Sonic 2.

#520 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

• S2HD Project Manager
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
  • Wiki edits:1
Seeing as the 3D character models for the special stage are being made right now, I can guarantee that will be fixed.

#521 User is offline Andeed 

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

• Holy pug in a pizza box...
  • Project:Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
  • Wiki edits:9
QUOTE (Canned Karma @ Feb 14 2011, 04:47 AM)
Seeing as the 3D character models for the special stage are being made right now, I can guarantee that will be fixed.

Sorry for being pushy but when might we expect a visual update on the 3D model?

#522 User is offline Lapper 

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Maker
  • Wiki edits:111
QUOTE (Andeed @ Feb 14 2011, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (Canned Karma @ Feb 14 2011, 04:47 AM)

Sorry for being pushy but when might we expect a visual update on the 3D model?

That'd be a nice Visual Changelog.

• 35 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users