So, what's new? Well, here be a screenshot guide to the entire thing. :P
* You'll start off at the SEGA screen, as usual, but instead of the usual "SEGA" voice, there's a music in place of it to emulate it. This is due to the SEGA sound not sounding at all good through DAC. :x
* Next we have a new screen altogether, advertising this place. :D The tune is Space Harrier, as some may recognise, created manually using the small tune of it used in Rent-A-Hero as a guide.
* Title Screen. Crackers background, new copyright text. That's it. Oh, and don't try the level select or debug cheats, they're both disabled (and unneeded in this demo).
* And so the playable stuff starts. :D You start here, at the entrance, and get a choice of whether to go to the save slots, or the options. The options aren't really there yet, and is really just for testing out some stuff..
* .. see? Two boring buttons. They change the current music playing's drums though. :P
* Shown this before, but showing it again anyway. :3 Shows you the layout of the save slots and where to go for each.
* Maybe now everyone will understand what this button does now it's labelled. ;P
* This is a save slot, a signpost and a giant ring. Obviously, jump into the ring to enter it. You can see the score, continues, lives and emeralds of the level with the HUD change.
* To delete a save, you press the button so Sonic turns grey and jump into the ring of the save slot you wish to empty. It'll appear again in a second for you to re-jump into to start a new game.
* Green Hill map screen presents you with this upon entry.
* Save area, void of a save ring right now as you haven't gone past a save post in an act yet. :P
(.. continued in next post due to image post limit.. )
* Over the map are warp rings leading to each act. There is also a signpost to show completion. Robotnik's face means you have yet to complete the act, whereas Sonic's means you have.
* Green Hill Act 1, nothing much new. :P The timer has a centisecond counter added to it, ala Sonic CD, and also added are the Spindash from Sonic CD and the Super Peel-Out from Sonic CD, including the sound effects for them. Also added in the sound effects department is a new one for a 10-ring monitor.
* And here's the save post for act 1. Touch it..
* .. and it spins and sparkles, playing another new sound effect. Also now shown is a small "Save" icon by your lives, showing you that you have got the save post for the act. If you die, the save post stays got, so you could get it, die, and complete the level normally if you so wish and still save.
* If you complete the act with the save post got, you'll get an added Save Bonus of 25000 points at the end of level tally.
* So we return to the map, and it's now evening. :P
* Save area has a save ring there now, as we got the save post. So jump into it..
* .. and we've saved.
* A quick look around the map area, here's act 2's entrance..
* .. here's act 3's..
(.. to be continued again! XD)
* .. yes, spikes on the map. It is possible to die out here. :P
* Before you can continue to the boss (as the bosses are no longer going to be on Act 3) you have to complete every act. There's a nice checkpost for you here too. :P
* Just a screenshot showing you what a completed act's sign looks like.. and it's night time now that act 2 is complete. :3
* All acts done, and it's early morning in Green Hill. ;P With all three complete the wall opens up and you can continue to..
* .. the boss act's entrance! :D
* Bosses are played on act 4, and whilst they will be proper mini-levels eventually, in this demo there's only a straight run, three rings and a save post, and then straight into the boss.
* Sonic beating Robotnik, nothing new here. :P
* With the boss complete, the map opens up further, leading to..
* .. another warp ring! XD This one will eventually take you to the next zone, but for now all it does is end the demo with another new screen..
* .. this one. ;P
Well, I hope you enjoy Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition. I suppose you peoples want a rom link now..
Comments, critique, bugs, etc, please do post. :3 Enjoy.