Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 56 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! ALERT: contains UNMARKED SPOILERS. Beware of spoilers! (Spoilers)

#826 User is online CollectiveWater 

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

View PostOcelotBot, on Today, 07:52 AM, said:

Don't know if you guys are aware of this:

Just like with the Angel Island debug-mode glitch in the 1.04 version of Sonic Mania; you can now play the new section of Angel Island zone in Sonic Mania Plus, this time with Mighty or Ray! You can also switch between any of the characters anytime by using the "character switch item-box" as you play through Angel Island or the other zones. Note that your AI partner will always remain as Ray or Mighty depending upon who you chose in Angel Island.

I did a quick playthrough of Angel Island & Green Hill:

Was that version of Green Hill after Angel Island the Mania mode one? (Guessing GHZ Act 2 had Ray 1-Up monitors since you finished Act 1 and started Act 2 with him. Thought maybe it was the Encore version of GHZ without the palette loaded at first, but now I don't think so--would be interesting if it was possible to play Encore zones with the original Mania mode palettes, though.) And if so does this mean you can play all of Mania mode with a combination of Mighty or Ray with another character? Would love to do Ray+Tails, Mighty+Knuckles, Ray+Sonic, Mighty+Sonic, and Mighty+Ray runs through Mania mode, if so. Yet another cool find OcelotBot!

#827 User is online OcelotBot 

Posted 43 minutes ago

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View PostSir_mihael, on Today, 08:54 AM, said:

Think I've done enough playthroughs of Mania mode & Encore mode (and uploaded plenty to my youtube channel)

Is that a spare New save slot in your second image on the far right? I thought you liked Sonic Mania...

I kid. that's some damn fine work.

Haha, thanks.

I'm saving the two spare Mania-mode slots for Amy & Metal dlc :v:

View PostBlue Blood, on Today, 09:10 AM, said:

How does the Angel Island glitch work? Do you just have to enter debug mode as soon as the level loads? I'm having no luck accomplishing that on Switch.

I recommend you use no-save mode, because it's slightly easier to get it to work rather than using a save-mode slot. Once you have enabled debug mode, start the game and press the button for debug mode (square for PS4, Y for Switch etc) literately just before the Angel Island cut-scene starts. If it works correctly you will be in debug mode when the cut-scene starts.

View PostCollectiveWater, on Today, 09:48 AM, said:

Don't know if you guys are aware of this:

Just like with the Angel Island debug-mode glitch in the 1.04 version of Sonic Mania; you can now play the new section of Angel Island zone in Sonic Mania Plus, this time with Mighty or Ray!

I did a quick playthrough of Angel Island & Green Hill:

Was that version of Green Hill after Angel Island the Mania mode one? (Guessing GHZ Act 2 had Ray 1-Up monitors since you finished Act 1 and started Act 2 with him. Thought maybe it was the Encore version of GHZ without the palette loaded at first, but now I don't think so--would be interesting if it was possible to play Encore zones with the original Mania mode palettes, though.) And if so does this mean you can play all of Mania mode with a combination of Mighty or Ray with another character? Would love to do Ray+Tails, Mighty+Knuckles, Ray+Sonic, Mighty+Sonic, and Mighty+Ray runs through Mania mode, if so. Yet another cool find OcelotBot!

Thanks.

If you let the cutscene (where Heavy Magician revives the other heavies) playout, then you are transported to Mania-mode Green Hill. You will have the Mania-mode special stages. You can collect all chaos emeralds and get the Mania-mode good ending.

If you skip the cutscene (where Heavy Magician revives the other heavies), then you are transported to Green Hill, still with the Mania-mode rules, but with the Encore palettes. If you enter a special stage or bonus stage the game always resets to the title screen once you've finished the act you're playing.

As far as I'm aware you cannot change your AI partner, only your main character (by using the character-swap item-box). So it's kind of a &Mighty or &Ray mode :D
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 16 minutes ago

#828 User is online Muscle Wizard 

Posted 6 minutes ago

Dunno if this is an echoed sentiment, but I am very positive in my mind that Encore Layout Mirage Saloon Zone is the best zone in the game. It has such a stellar, exploration/platforming fueled act 1 coupled with great speed moments, and an AMAZING fast breezy Act 2 to keep the zone at a brisk pace. It helps that the new Act 1 feels like the best designed level in the history of this game, both in how its layouts and TONS of routes make use of Encore Mode's switch mechanic seamlessly, and how fun it is to play even with just a single character via Time Attack. It's so, so good.

• 56 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum