Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Questions and Information Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 34 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

General Questions and Information Thread was More requests/B-Club, PSIV, and some game ID for now :/

#496 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

• 'tis the season
  • Project:it's always the real thing
  • Wiki edits:20,569

View Postdoc eggfan, on 20 November 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

What era?

US-published Sega Saturn (and at least one Mega Drive) game(s) between 1995 to 1998-ish. I was thinking it might have something to do with compact discs as well, but it could also be an acronym for something.

(p.s. developers were worthless in 1983 - you don't see Japanese credits in SG-1000 games)

#497 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

• 'tis the season
I vaguely remember this in the news but it's always fun to revisit:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ific/716237.stm

When we say the PlayStation 2 was hyped up beyond reasonable expectations, this is probably the peak.

This is genuinely how the fight was played back in 2000. Dreamcast games run at a 640x480 resolution. The PlayStation 2 is so powerful that it could kill people and start global conflicts.

Which would you buy?

#498 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

• 'tis the season
Undocumented tat of the day

Posted Image

In Japan they have this concept of a "medal game". It's a bit like gambling, except rather than use real money, you use tokens (or "medals" because nuts to the English language I guess). Here's one inside something else. In Bolshevik red or something.

Posted Image
Remember when Sega made a Japanese-exclusive board game for the 1990 TV show Twin Peaks? Well it happened.

#499 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Remember when Sega made a Japanese-exclusive board game for the 1990 TV show Twin Peaks? Well it happened.

Man... You're a rarities "magnet" ... great find... Twin Peaks was a successful tv show, at the time... my mother never missed an episode (she even bought the spin-off novel "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer"... the book has sold well ) ... i bet that, if they had released this board game in the west , it would sell well too, given the success of the tv show... and being a board game made by Sega... I think that, to get one of these, we'll have to pay a "small fortune"... and it will be difficult to find one... it's a good item for collectors...

#500 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted Yesterday, 04:44 PM

• 'tis the season
RE:

The Seedy Crew

You can thank Congo the Movie: The Lost City of Zinj for this one.

• 34 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users