Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 71 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread Mighty and Ray Are Back In Town

#16 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II

View Post360, on 16 March 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I heard them say something about "additional cutscenes" when talking about Encore Mode. First thing I thought of is the restoration of the missing level transitions? They also said Encore Mode will be "remixes" of the stages with additional and alternative routes which is fucking awesome. Sounds as though they significantly expanding the game.

"In Encore mode will give you a new way to experience the game. We're gonna add some visual changes to each zone and a new way to kind of explore each act. There's a real nice visual touch that's in there, so if you already beat Sonic Mania, this is going to give you a new experience to play it again."

#17 User is offline Lapper 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Studio, Kyle & Lucy: WW
  • Wiki edits:111
I really want the UFO stages to be accessible via menu after completion.

#18 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

• Wiki edits:4
Any word on online multiplayer?

#19 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostJason, on 16 March 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

I am genuinely surprised they didn't go with the more obvious Amy choice. I wonder what moves they'll get to distinguish them.

Yeah, I must say that the lack of Amy is the only thing that disappointed me. Guess she was too complicated to integrate.

I wonder if "Encore mode" will add a "Special Stage" radar or something.

#20 User is offline Alex Hofstadter 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

• Project:It's a secret
Did y'all notice Classic Sonic is arriving back to his dimension in the Sonic Mania Adventures clip they showed? It seems to pick up where Forces left off.

So if we're (ever) getting a Mania sequel it's definitely gonna depend on Forces' canon status, isn't it? :(/>
This post has been edited by Alex Hofstadter: 16 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

#21 User is offline Pengi 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostChimpo, on 16 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

View Post360, on 16 March 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I heard them say something about "additional cutscenes" when talking about Encore Mode. First thing I thought of is the restoration of the missing level transitions? They also said Encore Mode will be "remixes" of the stages with additional and alternative routes which is fucking awesome. Sounds as though they significantly expanding the game.

"In Encore mode will give you a new way to experience the game. We're gonna add some visual changes to each zone and a new way to kind of explore each act. There's a real nice visual touch that's in there, so if you already beat Sonic Mania, this is going to give you a new experience to play it again."

Maybe it'll be something like Chaotix, which had a day/night cycle. Enemy and item placement also changed.

Green Hill Zone at sunset (ala Advance 3) and Mirage Saloon Zone at night? Metallic Madness Zone in the Past and Good Future? Metal Knuckles in Stardust Speedway Zone? Badniks in Zones they're not usually found in?

A little disappointing that there won't be any new levels, but hopefully that just means they're saving them for a sequel.

#22 User is offline tylerfoxorwhatever 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

• ya yeet
  • Project:i don't even know

View PostAlex Hofstadter, on 16 March 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Did y'all notice Classic Sonic is arriving back to his dimension in the Sonic Mania Adventures clip they showed? It seems to pick up where Forces left off.

So if we're (ever) getting a Mania sequel it's definitely gonna depend on Forces' canon status, isn't it? :(/>/>

They said on the stream that Mania Adventures takes place after Forces.

#23 User is online Laughingcow 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

I hope mighty and ray aren't just re-skins. Also, poor Amy. Guess Iizuka said no to her and broke her heart.

#24 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
The SegaSonic band is back together again. I'm buying a Trackball controller for PS4 as we speak!

#25 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Well probably a 90% chance Mighty will have his Chaotix wall jump. Ray though? No idea. I'm also guessing Mighty and Ray will be like Sonic & Tails, where Ray will follow Mighty around if you want.

I wonder what other new stuff will be added beyond encore mode and 4 player (no online mode still? My only disappointment). Super Mighty and Ray? Hyper Sonic in encore mode? Finished transitions (Mighty and Ray will need new ones anyway, actually curious how they'll work with Mirage Saloon Act 1)? The hype train starts again!

#26 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:high quality video game rips
  • Wiki edits:32

View PostThe Growler, on 16 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Does that mean the PC version might get a Steam DLC version of this? If no physical release for the PC, I'd be equally happy with that.

this was confirmed in the panel! all digital versions are getting the DLC, actually.

#27 User is offline Xilla 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

• No promotion for you, laddy.
More Bonus Stages in Encore Mode would be great, hell just give us the ones from S3&K if it means the end of accidentally-entering-Blue-Spheres-and-purposely-hitting-the-first-red-sphere-you-see :P

Curious to see if the team'll implement new unique routes for Ray and Mighty and how they'll go about it.
This post has been edited by Xilla: 16 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

#28 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Hold up

Posted Image

(They cut Sonic's sign out of the presented graphic, so the two present are duplicates)

Left over in the game were duplicate sign posts for Sonic with the initials M and A. Could that A be an R though? It's very poorly written. Maybe they planned this from the start and they weren't able to due to budgets/time constraints.

Also I hope they restore Tails' cut chemical plant act 1 animation. His final was so dull compared to Sonic's and Knuckles'. Although now with the added bonus of time and money I don't see why they wouldn't.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 16 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

#29 User is offline IndyCotton 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

Ran instantly here after seeing Mighty and Ray announced out of the blue. Gosh, I can't stop flailing my arms! So hype!!!

#30 User is online Laughingcow 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

For all intents and purposes this should be treated as a content update. So I am gonna set my expectations to the same level as Xenoblade 2 (awesome game, must buy for the switch).

Mighty and Ray need to be unique.
Added missing level transitions.
New cutscenes (technically already done with the Sonic Mania adventures) with an event viewer so I don't need to YouTube.
Usual bugfixes
More content (may already be satisfied with encore mode).
And a new ending to tie everything together.

• 71 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users