Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2010 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 19 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2010 The eighth contest!!

#271 User is offline Ayla 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

• I shat on your desk ^^
  • Project:Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
  • Wiki edits:67
My gf is extremely ill / dying from some unknown cause. She has lost 90 pounds in the past seven months. Go ahead and do it without me -- we have half of the shit decided anyway. Being able to go to the hospital and care for my girlfriend is more important than sonic right now. I know that Sonic is more important than anything to most of you, but I simply have different priorities. I sincerely apologise and hope you will all understand my reasoning. ~Julia

#272 User is offline MarkeyJester 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

• The architect of the universe, didn't build a stairway, leading nowhere.
  • Wiki edits:16
Holy hell, I'm very sorry to hear your issues there, I hope they find out what's going on and that she regains wealth once again =(

#273 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

• Project:Hacking some 8-bit Sonic game
  • Wiki edits:112
Oh Ayla, I'm so sorry. Reading your post made me cry, I really hope they find out what's wrong with her... sad.png But am I one of the few people who have been waiting patiently for this? It just seems like everyone is too impatient. v.png

#274 User is offline Endri 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

• Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. Can I give you something else?
  • Wiki edits:7
I'm also very sorry to hear that, Ayla. I wish there was some way to help other than saying "I'm so sorry." I was really expecting all of you to take part on it, but the issues you have at hand right now are top one priority.

I wish the best to the two of you.

#275 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

• Wiki edits:41
Very sorry to hear about your situation, Ayla, hope things get better. Serious issues come first.

I don't really get why people were getting antsy about it anyway. Isn't it just a 'bragging rights' contest we have for fun?
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 03 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

#276 User is offline Dude 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

• Project:Random VR/AR trash
  • Wiki edits:43
QUOTE (Ayla @ Dec 3 2010, 02:43 PM)
My gf is extremely ill / dying from some unknown cause. She has lost 90 pounds in the past seven months. Go ahead and do it without me -- we have half of the shit decided anyway. Being able to go to the hospital and care for my girlfriend is more important than sonic right now. I know that Sonic is more important than anything to most of you, but I simply have different priorities. I sincerely apologise and hope you will all understand my reasoning. ~Julia

we love you <3
Go do what you must. We'll get along just fine until you come back.

#277 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
QUOTE (Ayla @ Dec 3 2010, 11:43 AM)

Oh my that sounds awful D: I hope that everything works out for the best and that she gets better, that's an awful thing to happen.

Seriously your reason is totally legitimate. If someone you care about is dying, fuck Sonic

#278 User is offline MarkoMan 

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:07 AM

• In memory of Dreds...
  • Project:Sonic 2 Turbo
ouch... that one hit hard.
I kinda know that feeling of hoping that a loved one returns to health over a period of time, but seven months must be emotionally and spiritually brutal.

Wish you the best Ayla.

#279 User is offline Mercury 

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

• His Name Is Sonic
  • Project:AeStHete
  • Wiki edits:130
This sucks to hear. sad.png

Whenever someone is away/incommunicado for a while, I always hope it's something minor, but that hope was just totally crushed.

I echo everyone else's wellwishes.

#280 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Sonic Incursion
  • Wiki edits:6
I hope everything works out well for your girlfriend, Ayla.

On a lighter note, I can't wait to hear the results for this year. Looking at the hacks entered, they look really interesting, and I can't wait to see them.

#281 User is offline TheBarAdmin 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

• Wiki edits:292
sad.png

To think something that severe was going on...

The contest results can very well wait, because that's not what's most important right now anyway. I wish you both the best.

#282 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

• The Tool
  • Project:Sonic Hacking Contest
  • Wiki edits:2,193
Thank you for your co-operation with the current issues with the contest. At the moment, we only have a few more trophies to do and I am waiting for a judge to be available to help finalise our stuff.

#283 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

• The Tool
  • Project:Sonic Hacking Contest
  • Wiki edits:2,193
We have COMPLETED the judging. Stay tuned for further information.
This post has been edited by SOTI: 07 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

#284 User is offline Ayla 

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

• I shat on your desk ^^
  • Project:Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
  • Wiki edits:67
I appreciate everyone's well wishes. I was honestly irked at first, but realised I had never made a post in this thread about it and that I should expect impatience from people that idolise Sonic =) My gf's state remains unchanged (although she got her meds refilled today, so she has been able to keep food down all day), but I'm certain things will be alright. It's not cancer, so I'm sure whatever it is can be fixed =)

Thanks for finishing things up for me, SOTI. This was weighing heavily on my mind, and I feel much relieved to know that it's over. I can try to do the podcast (I originally wasn't planning on it) as I do have something to officially announce during it.

• 19 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users