Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#631 User is offline Buyatari 

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Original painting used for Sonic Lifesavers advertising

Posted Image

#632 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostBuyatari, on 03 January 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Original painting used for Sonic Lifesavers advertising

Posted Image

That was the closest American Sonic ever got to looking good, although his spikes are a little off and idk what his right hand is trying to do.

#633 User is offline nesboy43 

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

Got this at Anime Expo last week. Really cool item, a slide puzzle/bank/can. Love it when I see some classic Sonic merch. Only 2 bucks and brand new too, I couldn't resist.

Posted Image
This post has been edited by nesboy43: 09 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

#634 User is offline Lady Soniko 

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

• That's Head Bitch of Honnouji, pig.
Seems like my sorta topic, ...Sorta.

Posted Image

I don't really collect Sonic much any more, but these are the few items I've gotten in last year or so.

-Sonic Lost World tote bag

- Metal Sonic Postcards and Keychain

- Sonic and Amy Pinched! Keychains

- Sonic Adventure Phone Pouch

- Sonic Lost World clear file

- Jet Set/Grind Radio promotional video for the press/ or it could be one of those JSR fruit machine videos.

- Project Diva EXTEND limited edition SEGA Store edition CD (There was also a phone card, sticker and a promo CD with music tracks from SEGA).

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the biggest thing is a Sonic Adventure Japanese store cut out they had around SA's launch there, it's as tall as me and is in relatively good condition for something that is 16 years old! It's a gorgeous set piece.

#635 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

• 2 warps to Neptune
  • Project:Blog Squirrel
  • Wiki edits:20,569
The Sonic Retro wiki has this category called "merchandise". It's pretty dire given that it contains virtually nothing from this 43-page topic.

So I've begun the laborious process of documenting Sonic merhandise. It's very early stages and I might not have the heart to finish the job (Sega Retro is my one true love these days), so I'm throwing this out here to see who bites. Essentially, all the stuff from this topic needs to go up on our wiki at some stage - it'll be a bit soul-crushing in some cases but you guys will know more about this subject than me. Photos and scans, official stuff only. Actual documentation and categorisation is up to you.

The idea is if someone on the internet is looking for something questionable like an official Sonic the Hedgehog pillow case, they'll know to look at Sonic Retro first. Borg etc. Join in - you all have accounts.
This post has been edited by Black Squirrel: 16 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

#636 User is offline Lady Soniko 

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

• That's Head Bitch of Honnouji, pig.
Sorry I'm super new to Retro but I do collect lots of promotional and bonus Sonic shit that I could add to the database if need be.

#637 User is offline Zingela 

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

• Project:MIDI sequencing since the late 90's!
Posting this here since there seemed to be some slight interest in the Ad thread:

Posted Image

Complete set of Sonic Advance 3 Coca-Cola keychains.

View PostBlack Squirrel, on 16 July 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Probably won't be able to contribute too much as far as high quality scans and photographs, but I have a fairly good knowledge of the origin of quite a bit of merch out there as a side effect of collecting things off and on since the 90's. No idea how to add anything to the wiki, though. I can be contacted via Steam (Zingela) to be pointed in the right direction, I suppose.
Seems like a good project, though. The only place I know of with a large catalog of items listed is Sonic Gear, but the guy running it loves to make all of the images tiny as hell and writes the most bizzare (and often times outright wrong) descriptions of the items.

• 43 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users