Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Poll Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

EHZ Grass Shadows (45 member(s) have cast votes)

1: Which one do you prefer most?

1. You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Poll Topic EHZ Tile Shadows

#16 User is offline LOst 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

• Wiki edits:2
LOL, I kinda see a trend here. I go with the flow on the 3rd choice. But it is simply because it is the best choice at hand!

#17 User is offline Kirinja 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

• ATATATATA!
1st looks to green to me, 2nd is way to black/dark. 3rd looks the best, the red in it makes it prettier than the rest.

#18 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

• Wiki edits:30
3rd looks the most natural. So I'm going to have to agree with the rest of this topic. =P

#19 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

• Subhedgehog

View PostVincent, on Feb 2 2009, 05:01 PM, said:

Did you miss the 2 Tech Demos , New Art restyling & upcoming Alpha, Ritz?

Apparently! Having a working engine is great and all, but it doesn't really count for much if you're going to be completing zones at a rate of one per year. Lack of manpower is almost a valid excuse, but if that's the case, I'd worry less about tweaking every last tile to absolute perfection and just focus on getting shit done.

View PostCanned Karma, on Feb 2 2009, 06:42 PM, said:

Either contribute to the project with a well thought out opinion or art asset to help move it along, or quit bitching. That helps no one, least of all completion of S2HD. We've come leaps and bounds recently, so kindly take the time to research what has been done before whining based on incomplete perceptions.

Despite the completely illogical "Put up or shut up" quip, I'll bite. My opinion was well thought-out. I've been thinking it out since the project first began, and I thought it was about time someone spoke up about it. You folks are some of the most fastidious nitpickers I've ever seen- I stopped paying attention to this project entirely back when I literally saw someone complaining over a single off-white pixel in the corner of Sonic's eye, and I come back a year later and nothing has changed. Seriously, let me emphasize this: had you shown me these tiles in sequence without telling me there was a difference between them, I wouldn't have noticed. This doesn't need to be discussed.

I need to do my research? Just where, exactly, is all this "progress" I'm missing? I sure as hell didn't do a thorough check the first time around, but even scanning through the topics now, aside from some work on individual sprites, I really don't think I've missed anything since I last checked a few months ago. I'm sorry if you guys don't want to hear this from me, but SRB2 is poised to put you guys to shame. Get your priorities straight, please!

#20 User is offline Sciz 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

View PostRitz, on Feb 3 2009, 03:46 PM, said:

Lack of manpower is almost a valid excuse, but if that's the case, I'd worry less about tweaking every last tile to absolute perfection and just focus on getting shit done.

That would be a great idea if we didn't consistently get better art out of the iterative feedback process. We aren't professionals, and most of us aren't even art students. I don't want to drag this project out for three-plus years, but I'd rather do that than start cutting corners and end up with half-assed zones full of inconsistent art. And since it seems to bear repeating, the development progress doesn't come to a halt every time we ask for opinions.

If you really want to speed this up, find us more artists willing to work a lot.

#21 User is offline Vincent 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

• Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Character Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
  • Wiki edits:6
Ok Ritz, thanks for your opinion.

#22 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

• Subhedgehog
QUOTE (Vincent @ Feb 3 2009, 02:54 PM) [post="275934"]Posted Image

#23 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

• S2HD Project Manager
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
  • Wiki edits:1
Funny thing Ritz, for all your problems with what we've done, you fail over and over again to acknowledge the progress we have made because it doesn't jive well with your opinions. You can't see the differences between tiles, fine. Many others can, and they're the ones helping this thing move along like it is. So yes - they DO need to be discussed, and will be done with or without any more 'contributions' from you. The 'fastidious nitpickers' are some of the reasons this project will be amazing when complete.

We're not aiming for one zone a year. The Alpha build will take time to complete, but once it has been released work should progress much faster from there. There's been massive amounts of work put into S2HD behind the scenes.

Don't like what we're doing? Too bad. We're more than content with the results we're seeing. Take another year's break from the forum. I highly doubt your color commentary will be missed if past is prologue.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users