SonLVL Level Editor for S1, S2NA, S2, S3K, SKC, SCDPC - 469 - 04/12/2013
Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:10 PM
But the updater would fail at downloading or extracting the downloads and eventually crash.
EDIT: it does find updates btw.
Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:52 PM
- Changed format of xflip and yflip parameters in XML ImageRef class.
Additionally, the Object Definition Editor is now available for public use. As usual, this does not mean it has been thoroughly tested (I did test it a bit though), so it may crash.
Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:35 PM
Also, copypasting ARZ's falling leaves doesn't give the pasted object any editable co-ordinates.
Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:53 PM
- There was an API bug that prevented angles from being loaded or saved (affects SonLVL and LevelConverter).
- The tile list now uses the colors of the palette line you have selected instead of defaulting to line 3 (SonLVL).
- You can now add an INI file named <ininame>.user.ini (for example S2LVL.user.ini for S2LVL.ini) which will add/overwrite groups/values from the default INI (SonLVL, LevelConverter, ObjDefEditor).
For that last item, let's say your Sonic 2 hack has HTZ using completely separate art than EHZ, you have an ini file containing extra object definitions for all levels, and you've added HPZ. Your S2LVL.user.ini file might look like this:
objlst=obj.ini|objCustom.ini ; replaces "objlst" value in default ini [Hill Top Zone Act 1] ; already exists in default ini, so the values will be added or replace tiles=../art/kosinski/HTZ.bin ; replaces "tiles" value blocks=../mappings/16x16/HTZ.bin colind1=../collision/HTZ primary 16x16 collision index.bin colind2=../collision/HTZ secondary 16x16 collision index.bin [Hill Top Zone Act 2] tiles=../art/kosinski/HTZ.bin blocks=../mappings/16x16/HTZ.bin colind1=../collision/HTZ primary 16x16 collision index.bin colind2=../collision/HTZ secondary 16x16 collision index.bin [Hidden Palace Zone Act 1] ; doesn't exist in default ini, so these values all get added to a new group tiles=../art/kosinski/HPZ.bin blocks=../mappings/16x16/HPZ.bin chunks=../mappings/128x128/HPZ.bin layout=../level/layout/HPZ_1.bin objects=../level/objects/HPZ_1.bin rings=../level/rings/HPZ_1.bin palette=../art/palettes/SonicAndTails.bin:0:0:16|../art/palettes/HPZ.bin:0:16:48 palette2=Water|../art/palettes/HPZ Underwater.bin:0:0:64 colind1=../collision/HPZ primary 16x16 collision index.bin colind2=../collision/HPZ secondary 16x16 collision index.bin objlst=objHPZ.ini
Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:33 AM
Would you prefer if everything stayed as it is, with all the editors in separate tabs; should the Chunks, Blocks, Tiles and Solids tabs be combined into one; or should I get rid of tabs altogether and have SonED-style switching by hotkeys/menu?
Secondly, are there any hotkeys you would like to have? I will definitely add SonED2's hotkeys for collision path viewing, as it's been requested several times now.
Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 AM
Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:47 PM
- Q = Disable collision viewing
- W = View collision path 1
- E = View collision path 2
- R = Toggle viewing of angle values
- T = Toggle objects above/below high plane
- Y = Toggle viewing of low plane
- U = Toggle viewing of high plane
- I = Toggle grid
- O = Toggle HUD
- P = Toggle viewing of objects from all timezones (Sonic CD only)
- [ = View previous palette
- ] = View next palette
- - = Zoom out
- + = Zoom in
Additionally, the resize level function has been moved to an item in the Edit menu.