Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Basic Questions & Answers thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 356 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Basic Questions & Answers thread NEWBIES: Start here!

#5326 User is offline InvisibleUp 

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

• Project:Sonic R hacking

View PostAli, on 16 January 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

So, I've been thinking of devising a model pack for Garry's Mod, consisting of the E-100 robots, ripped from Sonic Adventure DX. Before I went through all the trouble of getting Sonic Adventure DX on my operating system and trying to find a way to extract the models, I thought I'd just ask you lot if you had access to any of the models already, as it would save me a lot of time. I felt as if this didn't need it's own thread. I'm not exactly sure if there are any big visual differences between the E-100 models from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX, so it doesn't really matter which version of the game they were ripped from. I've searched around and have only found E-102 Gamma, which is a start, I suppose. Anyway, does anybody have the others?

I found them at http://www.models-re...dxdirectorscut/ in the "Bosses" section. Hopefully that helps you.

#5327 User is offline Ali 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

View PostInvisibleUp, on 17 January 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

So, I've been thinking of devising a model pack for Garry's Mod, consisting of the E-100 robots, ripped from Sonic Adventure DX. Before I went through all the trouble of getting Sonic Adventure DX on my operating system and trying to find a way to extract the models, I thought I'd just ask you lot if you had access to any of the models already, as it would save me a lot of time. I felt as if this didn't need it's own thread. I'm not exactly sure if there are any big visual differences between the E-100 models from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX, so it doesn't really matter which version of the game they were ripped from. I've searched around and have only found E-102 Gamma, which is a start, I suppose. Anyway, does anybody have the others?

I found them at http://www.models-re...dxdirectorscut/ in the "Bosses" section. Hopefully that helps you.

Hey, thanks! Unfortunately, those aren't exactly what I'm looking for. You see, the models on there are the versions of the robots before they got reconstructed. I really should've mentioned that I was looking for the reconstructed versions. Thank you for looking, though.

#5328 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostAli, on 18 January 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Hey, thanks! Unfortunately, those aren't exactly what I'm looking for. You see, the models on there are the versions of the robots before they got reconstructed. I really should've mentioned that I was looking for the reconstructed versions. Thank you for looking, though.

Weren't they basically recolors/retextures of Gamma (or had minimal changes, like two guns instead of one etc.) anyway? It's been a while, so I don't quite recall.

#5329 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

Would you prefer an OBJ file, or a DAE/COLLADA file with some semblance of rigging?

#5330 User is offline Ali 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostTheInvisibleSun, on 18 January 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostAli, on 18 January 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Weren't they basically recolors/retextures of Gamma (or had minimal changes, like two guns instead of one etc.) anyway? It's been a while, so I don't quite recall.

Yes. E-101 Beta had two guns from the start, though. He was the only structurally different one out of the original bunch. By the time E-102 Gamma got to destroying them, however, they'd all gotten redesigned.

View PostMainMemory, on 18 January 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Would you prefer an OBJ file, or a DAE/COLLADA file with some semblance of rigging?

I'd be fine with OBJ.

#5331 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Since you didn't really specify what you wanted, I just ripped almost everything, in both formats because why not.

Download

#5332 User is offline Cyberlink420 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

• Project:Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
  • Wiki edits:21
I'm looking to do some dialogue replacement in the Steam version of Adventure. I've already started adding in new voice clips, but I'd like to be able to change the subtitles to match as well. I know they're basically written in plain text in the raw code, but as a total neophyte to this whole hacking thing, I have no idea where to start and I don't want to risk screwing up the EXE file in the process (unless the subtitles are actually stored in a different directory, in which case I'm even more lost). Is there a specific tool I can use to simplify the process, or would someone be willing and able to walk me through it?

#5333 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

Unfortunately, while tools that can easily do what you want exist, they only work on the 2004 version. The data's exact format is complicated, but you can edit the raw text as long as it stays about the same size or smaller (you may be able to go a bit bigger, as long as there's at least one 00 byte between it and the next piece of text).

#5334 User is offline Cyberlink420 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

• Project:Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
  • Wiki edits:21
Hmm, I was afraid of that. Ah, well, maybe I'll see if I can't find a copy of the '04 version to mess with.

On a similar subject, I was hoping to do the same with Adventure 2, but putting aside the subtitle conundrum for the moment, I'm having difficulty with the voice files. I've tried three different programs to unpack the AFS files, then converted the resulting ADXs to WAVs, but they always come out as a static-filled mess, unlike those of DX. Is there a particular conversion tool or method I should be using to unpack and repack these?

#5335 User is offline Ali 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 20 January 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Since you didn't really specify what you wanted, I just ripped almost everything, in both formats because why not.

Download

Perfect! Thank you!

• 356 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Bing