Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/Early 2019) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 27 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/Early 2019)

#16 User is offline Vaiz 

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

• these beats are too strict.
  • Project:Internet.
  • Wiki edits:92
Racing Transformed is apparently gonna be one of the games with gold choices on Xbox for June. Wonder if that's even possibly a coincidence.

#17 User is offline Kail 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

• depression queen
  • Wiki edits:6
Publishers use PS+/Games With Gold to advertise sequels by offering the previous title with the programs, i.e. right before Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain came out Konami made Ground Zeroes free with PS+ and Games With Gold. Gotta admit, it got me to buy the game when I didn't plan to before.

#18 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

• Also known as RHS
  • Project:Sonic Bash!
  • Wiki edits:24
I'm kind of hoping the old Sonic R race-tracks in a re-mastered state; or least tracks with the same aesthetic design. I mean, that R in the teaser logo must be there for a reason :v:

#19 User is offline McAleeCh 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

• Wiki edits:27

View Postredhotsonic, on 29 May 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm kind of hoping the old Sonic R race-tracks in a re-mastered state; or least tracks with the same aesthetic design. I mean, that R in the teaser logo must be there for a reason :v:/>/>
Honestly, I'm hoping for as many Sonic R influences as possible, aside from the whole only-5-tracks aspect. Give me an updated Sonic R with a number of vibrant, cartoony tracks rivalling Mario Kart, an expanded cast of racers and tons of cheesy-yet-catchy vocal tunes and I'd gladly stump up the cash - providing it's launching on a system I actually own, obviously.

Admittedly, the presence of the race car in the teaser suggests this probably isn't what we're actually going to get - but hey, I can dream, right? = P
This post has been edited by McAleeCh: 29 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

#20 User is offline Kail 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

• depression queen
Just had a thought, the car shown in the SXSW teaser looked like Sonic's car from All-Star Racing and Transformed. I think if any other developer besides Sumo made the new game they wouldn't use the same design.

#21 User is offline EnderWaffle 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

• Ghostly Friend
  • Project:Sonic Legends

View PostKail, on 29 May 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

Just had a thought, the car shown in the SXSW teaser looked like Sonic's car from All-Star Racing and Transformed. I think if any other developer besides Sumo made the new game they wouldn't use the same design.

I mean, wouldn't they still be allowed to use it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the designs for the cars belonged to SEGA, not Sumo.

#22 User is offline 360 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Yeah to reiterate from before - I'm also hoping the Sonic R reference used in the marketing means something important for the game. The closer to a spiritual sequel to Sonic R they can get the better. So it's quiet on the news front as of late. Would have thought something will be appearing at some point this week - around the time of Mania Adventures Episode 3 (also due this week).

Sega's teasing heavily inferred "this month" meaning this week - so we'll see soon hopefully.
This post has been edited by 360: 29 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

#23 User is online Naean 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

• Self-employed artist with affinity for fine detail pen drawings.
  • Project:Sonic 5 (Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sequel)
If they bring back TJ Davis and Richard Jacques to do the soundtrack (SEGA, please do this if you can!), and give them the direction to create music tracks/sing vocals in the style of Sonic R (And '90s in general.)* it would make me extremely happy.

I absolutely love everything about Reactive Factory (Work It Out), and if this new racing game brings at least 1 more great music track like that, I would be fucking ecstatic.

* While I personally mostly prefer those '80s to '90s vibes, I'm not discrediting the music direction in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed whatsoever. That game had some right bangin' remixes; what Richard Jacques did for Ocean View and Sanctuary Falls is some really groovy shit. Also, all of my yes to the recurring theme and various remixes of it seen throughout that game's U.I., more of that please. :-3
This post has been edited by Naean: 29 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

#24 User is offline 360 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostNaean, on 29 May 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

I absolutely love everything about Reactive Factory (Work It Out), and if this new racing game brings at least 1 more great music track like that, I would be fucking ecstatic.

Your sir, have beyond excellent music taste. This was my favourite Sonic track growing up - as someone that had Sonic R and a Saturn. Also hoping for the same thing as you.

#25 User is online Naean 

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

• Self-employed artist with affinity for fine detail pen drawings.
  • Project:Sonic 5 (Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sequel)
https://twitter.com/...632459862065152

Posted Image

#26 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

• Project:Various Sonic Mania Mods
Wal-Mart just accidentally revealed the title, screenshots, and gameplay info on a store page on their site. https://www.walmart....70070/481595318

#27 User is offline Andy Avenue 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

As others mentioned, they have missed a trick by not calling it Super Sonic Racing but if I was ok with the long-winded Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie then I'll be fine with this too.

The team aspect makes me a bit cautious, personally I can't ever remember that being an enjoyable feature in a racing game other than in Double Dash. However, I have loved all of Sumo's racers so I am fairly confident I will be happy with this one.

That looks a bit like Planet Wisp in the screenshots, glad the first reveal wasn't the standard Green/Seaside Hill. Here's hoping they go all out with track locations, Galactic Parade was one of my favourite tracks in All Stars Transformed. Any of the new Mania levels would be incredible! (On that thought, I hope we get Classic Sonic in his Drift car)

Looking forward to the trailer and more info.

#28 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:41 AM

Looks... disappointing to be honest with you. The artstyle is again following the slightly more cartoony look of Lost World and Forces, rather than the realstic but fantastical stylings of Generations and Colours. I'm growing to dislike this artstyle. In general though the graphics just don't look too hot. In this art style, Planet Wisp looks artificial and unappealing. There's none of the beauty it had in Colours/Generations.

And it's a shame to see that, despite hyping up a Sonic R connection, that this looks like it's solely going to a car racer. If there is going to any foot-racing involved, it's going to play second-fiddle. But I'm honestly not really expecting it to be there. 15 characters is a woefully low number too. There's bound to be a bunch of fan-favourites missing. Getting rid of the SEGA characters and not going wild with the Sonic character cast feels like a huge missed opportunity. And they're seriously using an Egg Pawn over an actual character? That's weak.

On the plus side, ASR and ASRT are fantastic games. I don't doubt for a second that Sumo are going to drop the ball with a  sub-par game (assuming it is being developed by them, of course). The team racing aspect of it sounds interesting, as do the Wisps; finally the Wisps are making a justified appearance. I'll look forward to hearing and seeing more when it's announced officially. It's a poor start though...

#29 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:44 AM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
Most of my opinions are gonna stay on SSMB, but in general I think it's looking pretty neat. I have little worries for the core gameplay, so my three biggest things are all related to the character roster:

1. Fifteen characters isn't enough when Egg Pawn is one of them.

2. If that's gonna be the case, utilize the fuck out of those optional skins. I know that one Egg Pawn is just blue, but you don't need to limit yourselves to that for other characters. Make Metal a skin for Sonic, or Tikal a skin for Knuckles if you have to.

3. If you're not putting all this shit in the main game, DLC the fuck out of it. I'll buy it all.

#30 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
Wow, Amazon aren't the ones leaking the game ? Look like they need to step up their game :v:

Anyway this look neat. Hoping for some gameplay soon.

• 27 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users