Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Time Twisted Released ~ Now Open Source! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Time Twisted Released ~ Now Open Source! A Big Complete Classic Sonic Fan Game : )

#121 User is offline Noah Copeland 

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostOverbound, on 01 November 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Mercury made some really impressive stuff for GM but his engine was never quite in a place where we could build the game on top of it. VectorSatyr had started coding a different engine somewhat based on Mercury's work and Dash. I took that engine finished things up and programmed Time Twisted on top of it. Later on Mercury, VectorSatyr, and to a less extent Wil and DW helped with some specific bosses, badniks, and gimmicks. Which is why you will see a few different coding styles in some of the code.

Ah that makes sense. From what I looked at, the engine seems very different from other GM sonic engines.

If I'm not mistaken, you have a time table tracking Sonic's recent position, or am I reading that wrong?

#122 User is offline Overbound 

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

• Project:Sonic Time Twisted Creator
  • Wiki edits:236
I used a version of Dash for the 2009-10 version.

You are right Noah, it keeps a list of x,y coordinates previous. This is useful for calculating speeds and other things.

#123 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086
I don't know how Game Maker works with certain platforms, but because it was made in Game Maker, would a PSP or Vita Homebrew port be possible?

I know that a Game Maker version at one point did support the PSP, not sure how old it was though...

#124 User is offline Noah Copeland 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostOverbound, on 03 November 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

I used a version of Dash for the 2009-10 version.

You are right Noah, it keeps a list of x,y coordinates previous. This is useful for calculating speeds and other things.

If you don't mind going in to it, I'm curious what those "other things" are. I'm curious why a table of coordinates was necessary, as opposed to simply looking at speed_x variables and such. Was it for achieving spindash camera lag for the sake of accuracy? You have me intrigued, sir.

#125 User is offline AeroGP 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

• Project:Sonic: Time Twisted
  • Wiki edits:8
The table was implemented for general purposes. It is used as a supplement to GM's built in xprevious and yprevious variables when necessary, and is also adapted for the invincibility stars, just to name some examples.

• 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users