Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic: Time Attacked MAX - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic: Time Attacked MAX A remake of Sonic: Time Attacked

#31 User is offline Starturbo 

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

• Project:Roblet Land
Does it have to be Sonic fan characters only? Cause, I believe the original Sonic: Time Attacked had some non-Sonic characters. If it's allowed, I'd kind of like to see my character Technic:

Posted Image

Feel free to make changes to the sprite's style, if you want.

#32 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostOkamikurainya, on 07 February 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

View PostGlaber, on 05 February 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Boy do I remember this game. Back when I first discovered it, Glaber was nothing more than a Tails Recolor meant to be Ashura's Fox friend like Tails. I never beat the original, but I got to the final boss at least. Think I could have Glaber visit the city? I actually have a sheet of him, and he's not the blatent recolor he was back then anymore.

Sure! Let me know if there's a particular place you want Glaber to inhabit in the zone.

any spot is alright with me.

#33 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

• Project:Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX

View PostStarturbo, on 15 February 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Does it have to be Sonic fan characters only? Cause, I believe the original Sonic: Time Attacked had some non-Sonic characters. If it's allowed, I'd kind of like to see my character Technic:

Posted Image

Feel free to make changes to the sprite's style, if you want.

Nope, so long as it's a reasonable size (no Godzillas rampaging through Slide City) and yours is a-ok. I mean, the original had an upsized Final Fantasy 6 style character. :v:

#34 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63

View PostCrappy Blue Luigi, on 28 January 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

View PostTechokami, on 28 January 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

This should be decent. It was made by mit, iirc.

I made that one, bud. You commissioned me for it.

GURK, my bad! I was sleep deprived when I posted that. Sorry! ._.

#35 User is offline Starturbo 

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

• Project:Roblet Land
I'm assuming this is still being worked on? Also, if possible, could you please replace my character's sprite with this one?

Posted Image

Would say to use the exact sprite he's currently using in my game, but I feel it would look way too small. Anyways, keep up the great work, and I hope to see more of this soon!

#36 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

View PostStarturbo, on 08 April 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

(snip)

Yip! It's mostly just grindwork at the moment and nothing that interesting to show off.
"Modern" Sonic can now lock onto rails, which can really speed up a stage. :D
Some progress on Lightspeed Park, though those ferris wheels are a bit of a headache with proper Sonic physics, trying to get them rworking nicely without going all Dimps on the stage.
Duneopolis also has a level designer now, so hopefully that will bear fruit relatively soon. ^_^

And sure, sprite shall be replaced!
I was originally intending to have three options in game for the fancharacters.
First would be the original fancharacters, second would be the new and third would be none at all. You'd be able to choose this all in the options menu. Now I'm thinking of just adding the new characters in with the old ones, since there's relatively few... Still a while to go so who knows?

#37 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

• Wiki edits:980
Can I submit both my fan character and two on behalf of my brothers? The three of us all thought having our fan characters in this back then would have been awesome, but we discovered the game after it had already came out.

#38 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostTrue Dude, on 20 May 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Can I submit both my fan character and two on behalf of my brothers? The three of us all thought having our fan characters in this back then would have been awesome, but we discovered the game after it had already came out.

Okie dokie, there's still plenty of slots left. :D

#39 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

• Wiki edits:980
I'll PM you the sprites when they're done, thanks!

#40 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

#41 User is offline Jamie Bailey 

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

*Crashes in through the wall... while sleep-moonwalking, magically turns a bunch of other forum members into green chickens, takes a piss on the carpet and then settles down on the ceiling*

You guys were expecting someone sensible? :P

I suppose it's only right and proper that I make an appearance in this topic, isn't it? Now that I've finally managed to bash my way in here (the Jamie-proof, impossible-to-register-on forums of both Retro and SFGHQ in recent years were ridiculous, whoever was responsible needs a good kick in the teeth for that!), though apparently I only have 20 posts to show that I'm not a turd, a dumbass, or being an assclown for no reason... so me with all my silly humour? Watch me fail with style! lol

"(no Godzillas rampaging through Slide City)"
Why didn't I think of this for my original version?! I want an ARMY of BILLIONS upon TRILLIONS upon SQUIDILLIONS upon CHOCOPIZZARILLIONS of Godzillas rampaging through Slide City, causing ultimate destruction! Heck, make the main character a Godzilla! Sonic the massive blue Godzilla thing: Time Attacked, now that's a successful game waiting to happen! :D

#42 User is offline CSketch 

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

• The sketchiest guy you've ever seen
HOLY SHIT IT'S SONIC TIME ATTACKED I used to play the shit out of this yooo! I never could get past the stage after Slide City, I don't remember what exactly it was but iirc I fucked something up and glitched myself into a wall or something, and I got so mad that I uninstalled the game and...never...played it again.....Huh.

I remember looking at all the citizens in Slide City and going "WHOOOAAAAA" because each one was so crazily unique (and wasting loads of time looking at each one), I didn't know back then that those were OCs submitted. I used to have a really bad recolor OC back in the day but I don't really have any character, much less sprite, that I use to identify myself nowadays so don't count on me getting a Visa for Slide City anytime soon, maybe I'll go on vacation there some day in the future :v:/>/>

I do see one thing that bothers the shit out of me and I'd like for it to be changed but at the same time I understand if you think that would be unfaithful to the original, but could you at least make it an option or something? It's nothing huge but...Sonic's jumping bothers the shit out of me, even back then I was always worried that if I hit an enemy while uncurled, I would get hit.

I like the idea of Sonic not curling into a ball right away but if you're gonna do it, at least do it like Generations where he's only uncurled for the first few frames of the jump, not until he reaches the peak of his jump.

Also, in other news, did the music for Slide City originate in Time Attacked? Because I could swear I heard that exact same MIDI in a million other super old fangames to the point where it's engraved in my brain...or maybe the song just reeeally got stuck in my head and my memory is fucking with me.

Regardless, I'm glad to see this is being remade and I wish you the best of luck in the development of this remake.
This post has been edited by CSketch: 31 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

#43 User is online Chimera 

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:TOO MANY. BUT ONE LESS.
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostJamie Bailey, on 31 August 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

*Crashes in through the wall... while sleep-moonwalking, magically turns a bunch of other forum members into green chickens, takes a piss on the carpet and then settles down on the ceiling*

I suppose it's only right and proper that I make an appearance in this topic, isn't it? Now that I've finally managed to bash my way in here (the Jamie-proof, impossible-to-register-on forums of both Retro and SFGHQ in recent years were ridiculous, whoever was responsible needs a good kick in the teeth for that!), though apparently I only have 20 posts to show that I'm not a turd, a dumbass, or being an assclown for no reason... so me with all my silly humour? Watch me fail with style! lol

Why didn't I think of this for my original version?! I want an ARMY of BILLIONS upon TRILLIONS upon SQUIDILLIONS upon CHOCOPIZZARILLIONS of Godzillas rampaging through Slide City, causing ultimate destruction! Heck, make the main character a Godzilla! Sonic the massive blue Godzilla thing: Time Attacked, now that's a successful game waiting to happen! :D

what the fuck.

View PostOkamikurainya, on 26 June 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Interesting... The level definitely has a pace going to it but the structure of the level doesn't exactly seem that well put together. Not only is it short but it feels like part of the level was copypasted; that's probably not what happened but that's the feeling I got. Probably feels monotonous or what have you because the level doesn't have any sloping structures whatsoever; everything's either a straight line or a diagnonal. Not the most engaging thing in the world :/

I know this is still in alpha but gonna be honest, it kinda needs some work. Doesn't look awful at all, just has some obvious shortcomings.

#44 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

• Project:Posting a lot (I have a lot of time at work)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostChimera, on 01 September 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

View PostOkamikurainya, on 26 June 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Interesting... The level definitely has a pace going to it but the structure of the level doesn't exactly seem that well put together. Not only is it short but it feels like part of the level was copypasted; that's probably not what happened but that's the feeling I got. Probably feels monotonous or what have you because the level doesn't have any sloping structures whatsoever; everything's either a straight line or a diagnonal. Not the most engaging thing in the world :/

I know this is still in alpha but gonna be honest, it kinda needs some work. Doesn't look awful at all, just has some obvious shortcomings.

Well is the layout a kinda copy paste of the original layout? It's a remake/port afterall, if that's what the layout was originally I wouldn't expect any changes.

#45 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostJamie Bailey, on 31 August 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's a bit off topic, but spoilers: playing the LOL SO RANDUM xD card here isn't going to look good in the long run for you. I've been a bit more lax with Trialling of late because of some complaints, I'm beginning to wonder whether I was right in the first place (ref also to the Forces topic earlier that I've trash'd).

• 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users