Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Worlds [W.I.P] - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Worlds [W.I.P] A Mashup of the Sonic Worlds engine and elements of Sonic Mania.

#16 User is offline Creepario 

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

• Project:Beastroids, Bingo The Multiva (Spriting Support)

View Postwinterhell, on 02 December 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Please don't decide if you should make it by the number of people that are going to play the game, it is the wrong attitude for a hobby project.

Maybe i said it a bit wrong, i don't want a high number of people that play that game, it was more the negativity of many comments so it made me not really motivated to continue.
This post has been edited by Creepario: 02 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

#17 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
Instead of a remake, I think it would be very helpful to have fan-made assets based on ones from Mania made available in Worlds Delta (and whatever plans they have for future versions); just about every 2D classic Sonic game has some form of representation in Worlds Delta, after all. Surprised the drop-dash isn't in already, actually.

But if the whole point of the project is just to do better than yesmen10s, then that's kind of silly, since yesmen10s version has... a lot of issues, to say the least. It looks like an old Games Factory demo.

#18 User is offline .Luke 

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet fan art; Learning Music Theory

View PostSparks, on 02 December 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Instead of a remake, I think it would be very helpful to have fan-made assets based on ones from Mania made available in Worlds Delta (and whatever plans they have for future versions); just about every 2D classic Sonic game has some form of representation in Worlds Delta, after all. Surprised the drop-dash isn't in already, actually.

But if the whole point of the project is just to do better than yesmen10s, then that's kind of silly, since yesmen10s version has... a lot of issues, to say the least. It looks like an old Games Factory demo.

I also don't see why assets and abilities from Sonic Mania couldn't be brought over to Worlds Delta. What this project would amount to is basically a redundant fork of Delta that's Mania flavored.

When I want to recreate something in Game Maker, it's usually for my own purposes; not doing it to "do something better" (which in itself is a motive loaded with pretense) or make something hundreds or thousands will use. Literally nobody's used my Shantae template for anything, for instance, but that hasn't stopped me from developing it because I know I can use it, and that was more than enough reason to spend the years on-and-off that I put into it.

Fan game engines are like software, not competitions. If your engine has relevant solutions/features for a project, somebody will pick that over the rest. Same deal for things like art or music production software, people use what programs or tools suit their needs.

Creepario, you're putting a lot of good effort into your Freedom Planet template on Fusion, why let stuff like this on the side take time away from that? If you have a good reason to continue this, by all means, we won't (and can't) stop you, but if the only reason is to "do it better", that's a hollow motive that won't carry you through to the end of the project.

#19 User is offline Creepario 

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

View Post.Luke, on 02 December 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I also don't see why assets and abilities from Sonic Mania couldn't be brought over to Worlds Delta. What this project would amount to is basically a redundant fork of Delta that's Mania flavored.

When I want to recreate something in Game Maker, it's usually for my own purposes; not doing it to "do something better" (which in itself is a motive loaded with pretense) or make something hundreds or thousands will use. Literally nobody's used my Shantae template for anything, for instance, but that hasn't stopped me from developing it because I know I can use it, and that was more than enough reason to spend the years on-and-off that I put into it.

Fan game engines are like software, not competitions. If your engine has relevant solutions/features for a project, somebody will pick that over the rest. Same deal for things like art or music production software, people use what programs or tools suit their needs.

Creepario, you're putting a lot of good effort into your Freedom Planet template on Fusion, why let stuff like this on the side take time away from that? If you have a good reason to continue this, by all means, we won't (and can't) stop you, but if the only reason is to "do it better", that's a hollow motive that won't carry you through to the end of the project.

I guess i just said the wrong words and didn't explained it correctly.
After i saw the Studiopolis fangame i wanted to create a Mania "modification" too, BUT actually wanting it to make it much, much better than yesmen10, because he really don't know that much how to modify Sonic Worlds correctly. I never intended to really have much people play it, but the only reason why i now just didn't wanted to continue with it was just that most of the people here don't seem to support the idea, that's it.

#20 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:51 PM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
Keep going with it, and send me the final results. If you keep things organized like the rest of Worlds Delta, I'd love to merge it into the main branch. Drop Dash in Worlds Delta? Yes please :)

#21 User is offline Creepario 

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:09 AM

View PostTechokami, on 02 December 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Keep going with it, and send me the final results. If you keep things organized like the rest of Worlds Delta, I'd love to merge it into the main branch. Drop Dash in Worlds Delta? Yes please :)/>

With the Drop Dash i have to see how i will be able to make it accurate enough. Acccording to the Sonic Mania video by Kinda Funny Plays the Drop Dash is used by pressing the jump button mid air and holding it until reaching the ground. Please someone correct me if this is not the case.

#22 User is offline Creepario 

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

I began working on the Drop Dash and at the moment it kinda works how i want it to be, but it's probably not that accurate atm.

- When using the option "Mania Moveset" later Sonic is able to use the Drop Dash, but he can't use the Super Peel-Out and the Insta Shield.
- In mid air press any of the three buttons to switch to the Drop Dash move. While being in that state Sonic falls down a tiny bit faster.
- If the player presses the button until Sonic is on ground again the Dash is triggered, if not it cancels back to jumping.

Also in general i will now update the first page with an better layout and more information.

#23 User is offline BlueParadox 

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

View PostCreepario, on 03 December 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

I began working on the Drop Dash and at the moment it kinda works how i want it to be, but it's probably not that accurate atm.

- When using the option "Mania Moveset" later Sonic is able to use the Drop Dash, but he can't use the Super Peel-Out and the Insta Shield.
- In mid air press any of the three buttons to switch to the Drop Dash move. While being in that state Sonic falls down a tiny bit faster.
- If the player presses the button until Sonic is on ground again the Dash is triggered, if not it cancels back to jumping.

Also in general i will now update the first page with an better layout and more information.

Oh man I can't wait for this! Also, I was wondering if Sonic's sprites will be running at 60FPS just like in Sonic Mania? (original one btw)

#24 User is offline Creepario 

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostBlueParadox, on 03 December 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

Posted Image
Oh man I can't wait for this! Also, I was wondering if Sonic's sprites will be running at 60FPS just like in Sonic Mania? (original one btw)

I rip most of the sprites frame by frame, so it should be running smooth later.

Here one example:
Posted Image

Also here Sonic rolling:
Posted Image

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users